Well, This Wrecked Star Trek (2009) For me

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
You have been warned.

"Just as I was citing Star Wars as the prototypical space epic, it occurred to me that there are remarkable parallels: Luke Skywalker (Jim Kirk) is hanging around on a farm with his uncle and his only pleasure is fast hovercars (classic cars and bikes). Until, one day in a bar, a fatherly friend gets him out of trouble, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Chris Pike), who actually used to know the boy's late father, a hero known as Anakin Skywalker (George Kirk). Luke (Jim) still has a long way to go to become a Jedi (Starfleet officer). He meets Leia (Spock), whose home planet is destroyed, and although Leia (Spock) initially doubts Luke's (Kirk's) ability to lead people, the boy, against all rules and all reason, becomes a fighter pilot (starship commander) in the final battle against the villain."

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/episodes/trekxi.htm
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ttemplar
Are you human?: Yes!
:D Welcome behind the vale lol. Where just about everything you can read or watch has been "inspired". The example in the above movies is simply a retelling of the Hero's Journey. You can even draw parallels to the "Hero's Journey" from the Bible. The story of Moses for instance.

I will quote C.S Lewis on originality.
Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
-C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Templar, you beat me to Campbell's Monomyth!
Yeah, Star Wars is a great example of the Hero's Journey.

But, I dunno. I don't actually find it that strikingly parallel. Luke sought freedom and meaning while Kirk was a thrill seeker. It was also Kirk's step father and not uncle. Pike and Obi-wan were both Guardians of the Threshold, so they are similar along with the fathers (since we're talking about the original Star Wars only, we can forget about Darth Vader). I think it starts to fall apart at Spock/Leia, though. Leia serves a specific role as the Goddess (correct me if I'm wrong) while Spock is very much not this role. The planets blowing up is a parallel, though.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
EyeHopPancakes
Noob
Noob
Very interesting parellel, I never thought of it that way.