Favorite CHRISTMAS movie.

blacksinow
It is approaching that time before Santa breaks into our homes just to fill our stockings with coal and steal our valuables. So, which is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? :D

For me, I have a few.

White ChrThe first Peanuts Christmas movie. It has alot of meaning and even MENTIONS the TRUE meaning of Christmas at the end.

Fred Clause has to be one of the best "Santa" movies of all time. An emphesis on the true holiday spirit, taking second place to the Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, ONLY because Fred Clause is entirely Santa-focused.

White Christmas is a classic, for those who aren't aware. A duo from world of war two travel to see their old general to save his inn during the holidays. A general representative of what Christmas is.istmas is the be
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I grew up watching A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life
blacksinow
I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" *shudder* and I will never watch that movie again.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yup, you would hate It's a Wonderful Life, wouldn't you?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
I like Christmas movies that have a more Christmas-y meaning, and by Christmas... horror movies DO NOT COUNT. But for some reason, I could never like that movie. I like the message that one person CAN make a difference in other people, but that's about it. Movies that really make me roll my eyes are all the Santa-themed movies, especially the ones where they say "Well, I have to cancel Christmas." As though Christmas was only about Santa Clause. The ONLY reason that Fred Clause made it into my top favorites was the message it had, which is very different then any other Santa Movie that I've seen, maybe except Ernest Saves Christmas.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I think It's a Wonderful Life has one of the most important messages a movie has delivered in the past 90 years. Not even kidding; in the modern world where value is assigned to you only for monetary or social status, it's important to know that...it's the good we do, the good we do without getting medals or recognition, that matters. The fact that we rarely recognize our own value if we haven't done something huge and banner worthy, even though we can make a huge difference just by doing what is right.

Granted, it's been played to death...I think it's on at least 30 times each Christmas season. :P Still love it though. And Jimmy Stewart man; you can't beat Jimmy Stewart.

My favorites though, are A Muppets Christmas Carol, and probably Polar Express. The first because it's the best take on Dickens bar none (though I also love the newer Disney version with Jim Carrey), the second because it's so magical. I also happen to like the message, and the simplicity. It's graceful in its own way.

I cannot forget Nestor, the Long eared Donkey, and most of the Rankin/Bass set. Rankin/Bass always hit's it spot on, and Nestor...just...So many feels...I can't watch it without tearing up.

I love The Bishops Wife too, the OG Grant/Niven version. Good times.

And let us never forget the oft mocked, yet ever awesome, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

In short, I apparently like every Christmas movie made before 2000. O_o

And you know what? I love Santa. He's a hero of mine, right up there with Spiderman and Captain America. Here's a dude that spends his entire year making and then giving away presents on a vehicle powered solely by Christmas magic. The real St. Nick was even more awesome. He actually punched heretics. And gave gifts to those in need. And saved lives. And was a godly man.

And punched heretics.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Die Hard, bar none.

My dad has an unfortunate habit of watching all three Santa Clause movies every holiday season.
blacksinow
TripExistence wrote:Die Hard, bar none.

My dad has an unfortunate habit of watching all three Santa Clause movies every holiday season.
All three?! Good grief, I'm sorry for you!
Well yeah, It's a Wonderul Life DOES have an important message, but I think I like Bruce Wayne's take on it in the Christmas episode of the animated series.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Chozon1 wrote:
And you know what? I love Santa. He's a hero of mine, right up there with Spiderman and Captain America. Here's a dude that spends his entire year making and then giving away presents on a vehicle powered solely by Christmas magic. The real St. Nick was even more awesome. He actually punched heretics. And gave gifts to those in need. And saved lives. And was a godly man.

And punched heretics.
Santa Claus is an Odin analog. Also, the modern version was invented by Coca Cola.

St. Nicolas is also the patron saint of thieves.

js

*steps out.*
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
blacksinow
But the Bible also tells you not to steal. So methinks it's a "Self-Declared Patron Saint of Thieves".
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Orodrist wrote:Santa Claus is an Odin analog. Also, the modern version was invented by Coca Cola.

js

*steps out.*
Gonna have to disagree. Reasonably certain modern Santa in America comes from Clement Clarke Moore. I think Coke just took that image and ran with it, among other people. And I have a feeling if he were alive, he'd probably punch the people who declared him the patron saint of thieves. :P

Dunno about the Odin thing. Though I can see where it'd work, given the "Father Christmas" title.
blacksinow
Chozon1 wrote:
Orodrist wrote:Santa Claus is an Odin analog. Also, the modern version was invented by Coca Cola.

js

*steps out.*
Gonna have to disagree. Reasonably certain modern Santa in America comes from Clement Clarke Moore. I think Coke just took that image and ran with it, among other people. And I have a feeling if he were alive, he'd probably punch the people who declared him the patron saint of thieves. :P

Dunno about the Odin thing. Though I can see where it'd work, given the "Father Christmas" title.
This ^
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
TripExistence wrote:Die Hard, bar none.

This is the only appropriate answer.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
blacksinow
Die Hard isn't a christmas movie, it is a movie with christmas references in it. It isn't about saving Christmas or the true meaning of Christmas or anything of that sort. Therefore it is NOT a Christmas movie.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
ELF, Duh! That is the best one by far! :D
This is my signature