Guardians of the Galaxy

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
ScotchRobbins wrote:Let's add in those years of hype and anticipation then!

A sequel has been announced, and is scheduled for release July 28, 2017. Dates may change, but three years is a pretty solid ballpark estimate.
Oh, wow. I wonder if they're going to incorporate anything into the Avengers movies, considering the characters shared between them, or if they'll remain standalone. IIRC, in the comics the Guardians assist the Avengers in defeating Thanos or something, but I don't know what Marvel has planned.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
ChickenSoup wrote:Oh, wow. I wonder if they're going to incorporate anything into the Avengers movies, considering the characters shared between them, or if they'll remain standalone. IIRC, in the comics the Guardians assist the Avengers in defeating Thanos or something, but I don't know what Marvel has planned.
Personally, I don't think you could fit the Avengers and the Guardians on the same screen without overcrowding the whole ordeal. Volleying Thanos as the main villain between several films starring the Guardians and the Avengers separately seems more likely.

Then again, Marvel tries to at least hold a little true to the comics, so who knows.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Considering that Thanos is the next Avengers villain, it doesn't seem like a coincidence they are starting up the Guardians franchise.

Good point on overcrowding, though, Scotch. But once you get the characters introduced and developed, it might be doable to get them teamed up. After all, that's how they were able to get the Avengers together without overcrowding.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Bergkampdude
Noob
Noob
The movies were great!
A lot of humor and amazing action scenes.

A great viewing experience!