Diverted Batman thread

LAVA89
I created this thread to divert off-topic posts from my "Batman Reboot - how would YOU do it?" thread, plus people might want to use it to talk about other Batman stuffs (not that this should be the only general Batman thread).
selderane wrote:I don't think they should reboot, and they don't have to.
I disagree that they don't have to make a reboot. I say this for one, because Nolan already stopped the series. So anyone trying to pick it up would be trying to fit things in a Nolan universe. Plus how do you account for new directors coming in with "their vision" of the Bat-universe? The result might be similar to Joel Schumacher's take on Burton's films (though having Warner Bros breathe down their neck to make more Nolan-esque films would help with that).

And I think the most important reason why Batman needs to be rebooted is that Warner Bros desperately wants to make a Justice League movie, after the success of the Avengers. So expanding a uber-realistic take on Batman to include characters like Superman, which are much more fantastical, would be kind of awkward. I would rather have a Batman film universe that's already open for cross-universe stories than to just crow bar the rest of the DC universe into the Nolan-Bat-verse.
selderane wrote:I think it would be ballsy as hell, and plain awesome, to continue with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the new Batman. Hopefully, he'll be open to a Justice League crossover (something Christian Bale was never interested in) and you can keep everything that has been established for that slice of the film DCU.
Yeah...alot of people have wanted it to stem into a Nightwing movie, which would be cool. I guess my problem with making Levitt a literal Batman, is that it might not feel like Batman without Alfred there (though he was kind of a wet blanket by the 3rd movie, so who needs him anyways?!). Or maybe a Batman Beyond movie could happen out of this? Levitt would fit a young Terry and Bruce Wayne could return in his old age to aid him.
selderane wrote:I would be seriously surprised if Nolan didn't at least co-write or serve as executive producer of the next Batman film. He's already produced and worked on the story for Man of Steel with David Goyer. It's clear Warner wants to keep Nolan's touch on DC properties.
I would agree with that, and I am looking forward to see them tackle something less realistic with Superman.
Last edited by LAVA89 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
If Nolan stressed anything, it's that Batman is a symbol, not a man. Anyone can be Batman. And I think an audience would be perfectly happy to go along with it.

Do you run into the possibility of another director Schumachering it? Maybe. But I think it's highly unlikely, all things considered. Joel Schumacher was a product of a different era of Batman. He never understood Burton's take, and preferred the 60s serial. That's the Batman he understood.

Which is why Batman & Robin isn't that bad of a film once you understand that.

Anyone likely to take over the franchise grew up with post-Frank Miller's Batman. So, I don't think 1) anyone wants a return to 60s Batman and 2) no one at Warner is going to allow it after the success of Nolan's trilogy.

I really very much doubt we're done with Nolan's vision of the character on film.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
zekesnack
Are you human?: Yes!
"I can do that because I'm batman" -batman
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...