Questionable Disney moments

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Truly, you guys have lost the childhood magic really required to watch a Disney movie and replaced it with teenage snickering. :roll:
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote:Truly, you guys have lost the childhood magic really required to watch a Disney movie and replaced it with teenage snickering. :roll:
Oh, I still like the Disney movies, but ever since I was introduced to the "Disney is sending subliminal messages to our kids!” conspiracy theory, I just have to find these things. It’s like OCD, or Pokemon, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
jester747
Forum Moderator
Chozon1 wrote:Truly, you guys have lost the childhood magic really required to watch a Disney movie and replaced it with teenage snickering. :roll:
Dude, they did that on purpose. That part is intended to be dirty, Disney doesn't deny the fact that they put ridiculous amounts of subliminal messages in their movies.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote:Well, I just saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time, and I noticed that one of the characters offered Gaston beer.
That's a good classic.
funny though, as a kid I thought that was A&W. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
jester747 wrote:
Dude, they did that on purpose. That part is intended to be dirty, Disney doesn't deny the fact that they put ridiculous amounts of subliminal messages in their movies.
Which Teen Jester gets, but Kid Jester would not necessarily. As much "BLABADKHGLDFJGLKAJD" as subliminal messages take, most of them pass right over kid's heads.

As a kid, I never really thought anything dirty about that moment. Only when I hit my teens was I like "Oh. Ew."
jester747
Forum Moderator
Ohhh, okay. Fair enough.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
blacksinow
Okay first off, it is sad to say... but not every church can be trusted like they should be. Second off, I'm going to go over a few points here and take them apart one by one.

1. Gay Days, to be fair, Disney really isn't the only one guilty in this. Kings Island also did this, so if you must pick on Disney, you must stone the rest of em too!
2. The Little Mermaid event, you would have to take the time to notice this, and if you spend your whole time doing that then watching the movie like you should be, you are by all definitions a dirty pervert. This is only one example of why people don't like Christians in the first place... People often make something out of nothing.
3. The Ernie and Nathan interview, until I see Timone and Pumba holding hands in the next Disney reincarnation of Lion King, they will always be good friends and nothing more to me. They didn't even ACT like they were romantically interested in each other...
4. The Victor Salva incident, Unless Disney was outright promoting pedophilia, then it could have been that they gave him work, nothing more. If we don't learn to forgive, we end up with hearts as hardened as the stones that some of us like to throw.
5. The Priest movie incident, This one is a real iffy, but to be fair... I am almost certain that any family movie production company has done something similar to this in one way or another. Picking on Disney alone doesn't really prove much to the character of the people who run that website.
6. Pocohantas(sp?), If you are going to target Disney for not making an accurate representation of history, then you really need to go after the people who worked on the animated film Anastasia.

Here is the truth, NO film company is completely innocent and quite often they are going to make some very questionable decisions (Like SOPA and PIPA(SP?).) But if you must target Disney for making some very unChristian movies, then you must go after the rest of them too! Fair is fair! I am not trying to take the side of other people, but frankly speaking some Christians take things too far.

Like picking on a movie that isn't historically correct, especially if it is an animated movie...
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Gay Days are also NOT organized by Disney.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
And by the way, it is worth noting that all the people who were drinking beer in Beauty and the Beast were all evil and rather stupid. And also, all the people who didn't drink liquor were all good, and smart... even the beast.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
blacksinow wrote:And by the way, it is worth noting that all the people who were drinking beer in Beauty and the Beast were all evil and rather stupid. And also, all the people who didn't drink liquor were all good, and smart... even the beast.
Yes, because that's just like real life. Oh...wait.

/doesn'ttrustsoberpeople
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
blacksinow
Orodrist wrote:
blacksinow wrote:And by the way, it is worth noting that all the people who were drinking beer in Beauty and the Beast were all evil and rather stupid. And also, all the people who didn't drink liquor were all good, and smart... even the beast.
Yes, because that's just like real life. Oh...wait.

/doesn'ttrustsoberpeople
Seriously, you're going this route? Comparing real life with a movie involving talking and moving inanimate objects? Seriously? I was pointing out a bit of a moral that they might have attempted to direct....
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Lol. Just lol. You obviously don't know me.

No...I know what you meant...that's what I take issue with. Temperance is a virtue...not sobriety.

and I really don't trust sober people. Anyone who insists on not drinking either doesn't trust their willpower or is trying to hide something.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I stopped drinking the occasional beer because of stomach problems. So there's always that.
blacksinow
I am definetely not afraid to drink, it's getting outright drunk and losing control is where I stop. I'm always (for the most post) used to controlling my actions, emotions, and what I say. I am infact a very passive-aggressive person at times, so I keep alot of my true feelings bottled up where they can't backfire on me later. My aunt always has a luoa and I do drink mostly there, but when the decision comes between food or liquor, I always choose food every time.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
In Vino Veritas In Cerevisia Felicitas.

I'll be honest, I had a couple beer dinners. I regret nothing. Well, an imperial would have been nice.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim