What was the last movie you watched?

Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Pineapple Express. Meh. B-
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:
GarthVader wrote:
Heartless_Gentleman wrote:Superbad

Funny stuff.

B+
And vile. :|
Have you seen it?
No. Just the trailers were bad. :?
Fred1000000
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
GarthVader wrote:
Heartless_Gentleman wrote:Superbad

Funny stuff.

B+
And vile. :|
O, how wouldst we survive without your perfection?
Current Kudos: 135
Cool Points: 2
Awards: Most Crazy Batcrap Insane Poster
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Gran Torino

This movie...is beautiful. Seriously. An amazing story of letting one's burdens down and finding peace. I got teary eyed at the end. Clint Eastwood still has it. Though the poor acting of the supporting cast took away some of the emotional grip that could have been there.

B

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
GarthVader wrote:No. Just the trailers were bad. :?
So don't assume. It was actually a very funny, albeit very profane, movie with a good heart.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Obigone wrote:Gran Torino

This movie...is beautiful. Seriously. An amazing story of letting one's burdens down and finding peace. I got teary eyed at the end. Clint Eastwood still has it. Though the poor acting of the supporting cast took away some of the emotional grip that could have been there.

B
I um, went and watched this with a friend and his dad.

I'd say B also, but the language was just...wow.

Though, I do understand it's purpose.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Yeah. I think that's pretty much what you can expect from a veteran who fought in Korea. Can't say I blame him. War scars people.

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Speaking of which...

Bullet in the Head

A+

Wow. An amazing tragedy.

John Woo never fails to make an emotional action movie.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:
So don't assume. It was actually a very funny, albeit very profane, movie with a good heart.
Okay, my cousin said it was very inappropriate, and if he says it's bad, then it's bad.

So it's got good heart, and is very funny. That makes it okay to watch. I'll just ignore all the unneeded objectionable content...
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Live Free or Die Hard.

C+

Good, but no real original story.

They just don't make 'em like they used to. :(

Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
GarthVader wrote:
Drewsov wrote:
Okay, my cousin said it was very inappropriate, and if he says it's bad, then it's bad.

So it's got good heart, and is very funny. That makes it okay to watch. I'll just ignore all the unneeded objectionable content...
Sunday's not for another two days, Preach.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Drewsov
CCGR addict
GarthVader wrote:
Drewsov wrote:

You're more than free to make your own decisions about movies. Let me and the other members of this forum be free to make our own.

Just keep the commentary to a minimum.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:

You're more than free to make your own decisions about movies. Let me and the other members of this forum be free to make our own.

Just keep the commentary to a minimum.[/quote]

Right. Sorry. Though, I think it was you who was commenting on my opinion. :wink:
Shas_el_Tyros
Superbad is vile? Wow... I must have low standards.....
Heartless_Gentleman
Pineapple Express.

This time with a bunch of friends.

"I'm addicted to cold turkey, so I think I'm going to quit. I tell people this and they say 'what are you quitting?' I'm quitting freaking cold turkey."