What was the last movie you watched?

Heartless_Gentleman
Drewsov wrote:The Social Network

One of the best films to come out this year. o.o
I heartily concur.

"I'm addicted to cold turkey, so I think I'm going to quit. I tell people this and they say 'what are you quitting?' I'm quitting freaking cold turkey."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Big Trouble In Little China - I can now say that's I've seen it, no plans on watching ti again anytime soon
Redwynsblue
Are you human?: Not likely
Drag Me To Hell.
Yeah.
Movie was ok, but had the same storyline as many other horrors out there. And in my opinion, The Unborn is better, and creeper too.
Buy Me two gallons of chocolate milk and we will call it closure.

- A Belfast Joke.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Redwynsblue wrote:Drag Me To Hell.
Yeah.
Movie was ok, but had the same storyline as many other horrors out there. And in my opinion, The Unborn is better, and creeper too.
Drag Me to Hell wasn't supposed to be creepy. xD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Redwynsblue
Are you human?: Not likely
Drewsov wrote:
Redwynsblue wrote:Drag Me To Hell.
Yeah.
Drag Me to Hell wasn't supposed to be creepy. xD
Guess not! :)
Buy Me two gallons of chocolate milk and we will call it closure.

- A Belfast Joke.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Harvester wrote:Yeah, I also liked Prince of Persia more than I expected. Fun movie.

Tonight I watched The Wolfman. Not really scary, but the mood and atmosphere (similar to Sleepy Hollow if you ask me), the nice English landscapes and buildings, and the acting and special effects, are all pretty good.
for some reason, Wolfman was just one of the least scary horror movies ever. I dunno.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Yeah it didn't work as a scary movie, I agree, there's no real suspense. But I liked the old English landscapes and buildings and the special effects, so I still liked the movie.
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Tonight I watched a Dutch movie I actually liked, which happens rarely. It was De Gelukkige Huisvrouw, which more or less translates to The Happy Housewife. It was about a woman who has a traumatic childbirth experience and develops a post partum depression and psychosis and is sent to a mental hospital. It was both dramatic and funny. Carice van Houten plays the lead role very well (you may know her as Tom Cruise's wife in Valkyrie).

The childbirth scene was pretty shocking, the way they did the visuals and the music (music was done by Tom Holkenborg, a.k.a. electronic music artist Junkie XL) and the portrayal given by Carice, made it seem like a true nightmare experience, a far cry from the usual movie portrayal of childbirth that makes it seem like a piece of cake that's over within a couple of minutes. It was very well done but not recommended for women who are about to have a child themselves.

There is a lot of nudity and swearing in it though, that's pretty much par for the course for Dutch movies.

8/10 but don't watch it if you're pregnant
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
most of Troy

Not impressed. Not very much. The acting was sub-par, the fight scenes were far and few between, and the movie took too STINKING LONG.

I stopped watching during the Trojan Horse scene, but I assume there wasn't too much else after that.

All in all, not impressed. Not very much at all.

D+
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Bulletproof Monk.

I lol'd hard.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Repo Men, with Jude Law, Forest Whitaker and, again, Carice van Houten (DUTCH PRYD YEAH!!1). A thoroughly engaging movie with a nice story twist at the end, but some parts were pretty brutal and disgusting. It's about people in the future having artificial body organs, and if they can't pay for them anymore, Repo Men rip them out. Then Jude Law, the best Repo Man, gets an artificial heart and can't pay for it anymore so he has to run while Forest Whitaker, his former partner, hunts him. Fun movie if you can handle the brutality. There's also some nudity.

How To Train Your Dragon, no story description necessary, everyone has probably heard of it. Good fun. Animation quality is excellent, it has an interesting, heartwarming story and the jokes work well (though it's not as funny as Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, one of my favorite animated movies as of late). One of the better Dreamworks Animation movies. Next week we'll watch Toy Story 3, will report back.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dune (The 1984 one, extended cut)

Well, I liked it. I really enjoyed it. But it was merely fragments of the story of Dune taped together in a loose image of the original. I read the book first, so I got the story. However, my roommate didn't, so I had to explain some parts of it to him. The acting is overdone, and cheesy, but it's solid enough. The effects were amazing considering there was no CGI in this movie. Good movie...but I recommend reading the book first so you have a general understanding of the story.

A-
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
The Burbs - This is pretty much my favorite 80's movie. It has a fantastic cast (Tom Hanks, Carrie Fischer, and Bruce Dern among others), and it never really takes itself too seriously. The plot (three men living in a cul-de-sac suspect their creepy neighbor is a murdering Satanist) is intentionally over-the-top and there's a lot of slapstick humor (including a big explosion) but there's a lot of subtle humor too. To top it off, it's a fairly clean movie for a comedy... it's not G rated, but it's something you can probably watch with your kids. Anyway, I love this movie. Love it. A-
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Godfather

Whoah. Whoah. There are few words that I can use to describe this. Awesome, epic, quotable, amazing, and one of the best movies I've ever seen.

S (Since an A+ doesn't do it justice. And I love that grading scale. :P )
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Ocean's Eleven

This was the original with the Rat Pack. <3

Considering changing my avvy to Sammy Davis Jr. fursrs
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.