What was the last movie you watched?

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
GarthVader wrote:You know that the animation was done right over the top of the real actors, right? That's why it looks so good.
I wasn't talking animation, I was talking modeling. XD

There IS a difference.
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
GarthVader wrote:You know that the animation was done right over the top of the real actors, right? That's why it looks so good.
I wasn't talking animation, I was talking modeling. XD

There IS a difference.
Yes, you're right.

I think the modeling was also done over the actors.
Lazarus
CCGR addict
Public Enemies.

I liked it. It wasn't a Batman and Captain Jack Sparrow battle. >_>

B for better than average.

17 Again.

lol. Good movie. Even had a good moral to the story. Doubt the parents would have liked it though. >_>

A for Awesome.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Lazarus wrote:Law Abiding Citizen.

Wow.

A.
I told you it was amazing.
Lazarus
CCGR addict
All I said was "wow". >_>

:P

Yes, you were right Kenny.

The Italian Job

I'm giving this one an L. Yes, I know L isn't on the rating scale of A to F, but it gets an L nonetheless.

L for lame, B for boring. -_-
Seriously, really lame movie.
I think it was the general lack of gunfire(except for near the beginning) that caused this.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I think that this is the third time I've seen this film all the way through, and it has grown on me more with every viewing. I still believe that Brad Pitt was not up to par with the rest of the cast (especially not Casey Affleck, who was nothing short of incredible), but this is hardly a problem for such a wonderful film. One of my favorites from the brilliant year that was 2007.

A

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen -eh was okay, no interest in watching it again
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Obibear wrote:The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I think that this is the third time I've seen this film all the way through, and it has grown on me more with every viewing. I still believe that Brad Pitt was not up to par with the rest of the cast (especially not Casey Affleck, who was nothing short of incredible), but this is hardly a problem for such a wonderful film. One of my favorites from the brilliant year that was 2007.

A
I still need to see the whole thing. :/
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Avatar - Yeah, it was a spectacle. But I'd rather spend three hours elsewhere.

Oh, and has anybody mentioned how absolutely awful the dialogue is in this movie? Ugh.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Obibear wrote:The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

A
I agree with every word. Love that movie so much. <3

Spirited Away

Ahhh. Pure Miyazaki goodness. Studio Ghibli truly does blow Disney out of the water with their animation repertoire. O_o

A

Following

Christopher Nolan works his magic yet again. It wasn't nearly as amazing as his other movies, but it still had a solid, intriguing story.

B+
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Repo! The Genetic Opera

When I saw the trailer for this movie, I knew I had to see it. Then I forgot about it. I finally watched it today. I liked it a good bit. I'll have to watch it again in due time to decide if I continue to like it... or end up loving or disliking it.

Bonus: Giles was a lead in it and Sarah Brightman (the original Christine Daae) was, too.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
A Christmas Story

>_>

A
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Two more movies today:

Layer Cake

I rather like Daniel Craig, and I love organized crime films, so watching this was a given. I'm not sure how it took me this long to see it, though. By no means was it Carlito's Way or Scarface, but it held my attention and had its strong points. Not a lot of sex, but a couple brief scenes of sexual activity (one with nudity, another with brief sideboob[TM]), a bunch of people dead, and a good bit of profanity keep me from recommending it.

Saw

Not at all what I expected. I was expecting a slasher flick akin to Friday the 13th. It's more of an over-glorified psychological thriller. I like watching movies to analyze psychological stuff, but this one wasn't as deep as it could have been. Pleasantly, it wasn't very scary, gross, or profane. Still, it isn't something I'm in a hurry to recommend.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Let the Right One In

Holy. Crap. This was such a breath of fresh air for vampire fiction, and for film in general. The two main actors pulled off some of the best performances I've seen from kids their age. The story was incredible and so fantastically creepy. A touching, freaky, insane, incredible movie. I loved it so much. (Except for the cat scene. That was... weird.)

I also don't recommend it to any of you. o_o

A+

Full Metal Jacket

Dang. Saving Private Ryan and Letters from Iwo Jima remain my favorite war films, but this is right up there with them. It wasn't as emotionally involving as the former two, but it was a disturbing look into the minds of soldiers after being desensitized to murder. A creepy, amazing movie. Stanley Kubrick had immeasurable talent. O_o

A+

Letters from Iwo Jima

I saw this many years ago and really didn't think much of it, but after seeing it again, I was completely blown away. A beautiful and ridiculously tragic story, on top of Clint Eastwood's remarkable directing and the actors' excellent performances. Probably one of my favorite movies, to be honest.

A+

District 9

Um. No comment. >.>

The Constant Gardener

I've been looking forward to seeing this for years, and it exceeded my expectations. The directing and cinematography was occasionally... uncomfortable. But it wasn't frequent enough to truly complain about. The acting was phenomenal, and it's really what made the movie so great, along with the story. Not the most amazing movie ever, but definitely a great one.

B+

Also, don't worry, these were over the course of about five days. >.>
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
It's a Wonderful Life

Hmm, no comment on this one.

Inglorious Basterds

Well, it was pretty good.

Way too long during some scenes, and excruciatingly short during others.

In short, when this film was good, it was amazing.

When it wasn't, it was a drawn out experience in a dull way.

B-