What was the last movie you watched?

Drewsov
CCGR addict
esophagus wrote:Anytime :P

Is the song and dance scene the one where Jay begins by putting on the chapstick?
Um, no, but that's a great Silence of the Lambs reference. It's the one where Dante starts to tell the girl that he loves her, and then people on the street bust out into a Jackson 5 song.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
10,000 BC

Better than what everybody says about it.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
I've actually been wanting to see that documentary. I don't even know if they have it at Blockbuster. :lol:

Just saw Hot Fuzz again. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are two movies that I can always come back to and enjoy. Still not sure which one I like better, but Hot Fuzz is fantastic. I love all the constant dramatic, action stylized camera shots on everyday things. Like when Angel waits for the bus. :lol: Classic.

B+

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Spiderwick Chronicles - good movie I'd give it a B
TrigunX89
I saw The Love Guru today. I was going to see Wanted, but it was sold out. Anyway, Love Guru was pretty funny. Mike Meyers is always hilarious. This movie was almost too stupid at times, but I had quite a few laughs. Some crude/sex-related humor. Worth watching, but there may be better movies out there.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Get Smart - I went in not expecting much, and I was entertained. Steve Carrel mostly carried the movie himself, but a few of the other actors had their moments too. I wouldn't buy the DVD or anything, but I'd say it's definitely worth a watch, especially if you like Steve Carrel. B-

A Clockwork Orange - Amazing movie. I can't recommend it here because it's full of nudity, a couple of graphic rape scenes, and ultraviolence, but... just wow. I'll never see the song "Singing in the Rain" again, not to mention Beethoven's 9th. A+
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Edward Scissorhands.

A classic, and one of my favorite Tim Burton films. Cute, funny, sad, and somewhat depressing. A very bittersweet movie experience.

B+

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Chasing Amy

I love this movie. Whip smart dialogue, wonderful characterizations, and a cast that's incredibly surprising (in that they act well... it has Ben Affleck in it... and he's good). The bad part is that this movie is one of the most sexual I've ever seen, but that's because of the subject matter. Still... it most definitely is a guilty pleasure to watch, and I feel as invested in the characters every time I see it as I did the first time. B+
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Neighbor Totoro

A really cute anime that Disney took over, very family friendly and give a good sampling at what anime has to offer
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Hancock

My new favorite super hero movie. I still believe that Dark Knight has the potential to beat it out, but it certainly has its work cut out for it.

A-

Keero
Wall-E

I loved this movie. Parents paid my way while my younger brother treated my youngest brother. It had a great story, was charming, and I love how the humans look in the future. Great film.

A+
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
The Great Debaters

A good film that tried to be great and didn't quite make it. Denzel Washington cannot act poorly if he tried, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to bring awesomeness to every film he's in, and the same is true in this movie. He should have either focused on directing or acting, not try both at the same time. I see much promise from him as a director a few years down the road...heck, he has the potential to be truly epic. But he's not there yet.

Still, I enjoyed it, and it was certainly an uplifting film.

B

Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Pulp Fiction

Blew my mind. Like Reservoir Dogs...except this one was better. And had an outcome that pleased me. Which means it's a film I'll be able to return to often. Amazing.

A+

Kendrik
CCGR addict
Vantage Point

Really, really good acting from Dennis Quaid and cast. Well told story. Some redundancy takes place, but is forgivable.

I'll have a full review up on Rev21 soon (I'm writing it right now).

Still... I give it a B+
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters - Fun documentary about two guys competing for the world record for the highest score on Donkey Kong. If you're a gamer, you'll appreciate this; but I'd say even if you're not there's plenty of appeal. A
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."