Suggestions for my wife

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
My wife just finished watching one series on Netflix and she is hoping to find another series to watch. But what?

She just finished watching all of Burn Notice. She's also watched all of Blacklist, Longmire, Lie to Me, Foyle's War, Bletchley Circle and Turn.

So does anyone have any recommendations on what she should watch next? She doesn't want to watch anything excessively violent or gruesome (one reason why we stopped watching Bones), and she really doesn't want to watch anything with zombies or cannibalism. Netflix is our preferred platform, so we'll check to see if any recommendations are on there.

Obviously, she has a thing for spy dramas and mysteries. :) So, any recommendations I can pass along to her?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Jay and I have been enjoying the comic book shows (Daredevil, Green Arrow, Agents of Shield, and Super Girl) but I think they may fail on the violence factor. We also watch anime shows and can recommend some good anime's if she's willing to try those :)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
What anime do you recommend? We haven't watched a good anime series in a long, long time.
Comotto
Sstavix wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:45 pm My wife just finished watching one series on Netflix and she is hoping to find another series to watch. But what?

She just finished watching all of Burn Notice. She's also watched all of Blacklist, Longmire, Lie to Me, Foyle's War, Bletchley Circle and Turn.

So does anyone have any recommendations on what she should watch next? She doesn't want to watch anything excessively violent or gruesome (one reason why we stopped watching Bones), and she really doesn't want to watch anything with zombies or cannibalism. Netflix is our preferred platform, so we'll check to see if any recommendations are on there.

Obviously, she has a thing for spy dramas and mysteries. :) So, any recommendations I can pass along to her?
You mentioned Foyle's War, most British Mysteries are carried by Acorn Entertainment and are frequently on PBS and other sisters of major broadcast networks. Libraries are also a good resource. Another series similar to Burn Notice with a Big Brother twist was Person of Interest. She can also go back to classics like Sherlock, Poirot etc. Try the new Sherlock 'Elementary'. The cable stations that carry old tv show mysteries Murder She Wrote, Columbo, Diagnosis Murder, Quincy et al.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Have you guys watched Ghost in the Shell? (I haven't seen the movie they based off it it yet)
Comotto
ccgr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:35 pm Have you guys watched Ghost in the Shell? (I haven't seen the movie they based off it it yet)
Nope, only seen the trailer.

CARZ
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
This topic made me realize just how few shows I have seen. XD
although just these past few months I have been watching quite a bit of anime, due to friends and family suggesting some series.

Though it would be good to know what series you both like before I suggest anything.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
Sadly, these days, it seems that TV shows just get worse and worse. Sometimes a fresh oldie is good to watch. When I was 11-12, I loves watching the Star Gate franchises (I didn't with Universe cause it sucked). I would recommend watching SG-1, and Atlantis any day. They were great shows with lots sci-fi action and adventures to other planets, meeting different species, and finding themselves fighting some of them. This is what I recommend. There are other show that I could suggest, but it seem that wife is into show with action and adventure. You can buy the whole series on DVD now.

However, TV shows might not be the most important things in the world. It's much better to pick up your Bibles and chew on the Word of God. As a teenager, I think I've had WAY more than my fair share of TV at my age, and I've been guilty of staring at the so much that my eyes didn't blink, :wink: and I've been also guilty of leaving my Bible on my dresser to watch Little House on the Praire. (YES, I love the show)! But no matter what, spending time with Jesus means more than spending time with the TV. (Have you sat down and had a talk with your TV before)? :lol:

So above all, I'd recommend a show that helps you grow in faith, and brings both of you closer to the Creator. Something that speaks to both of you and inspires you toward more Godliness. (If you haven't seen The Bible series yet, that would one to jump for)! Pray that this helps and that the next show you choose will be the one that the Lord wants you both to watch.

God Bless,
CRCBrony
J.K. Riki
CRCBrony wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:31 pmCRCBrony Post Above ^^^
Well said.

I was going to recommend Mr. Robot, but maybe instead check out The Story of God with Morgan Freeman. It's a good learning-but-still-entertaining show and broadens the scope of spiritual knowledge. :)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
CRCBrony wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 9:31 pmWhen I was 11-12, I loves watching the Star Gate franchises (I didn't with Universe cause it sucked). I would recommend watching SG-1, and Atlantis any day. They were great shows with lots sci-fi action and adventures to other planets, meeting different species, and finding themselves fighting some of them. This is what I recommend. There are other show that I could suggest, but it seem that wife is into show with action and adventure. You can buy the whole series on DVD now.
We actually own all of SG-1 and Atlantis on DVD, and have just started watching the series (again) with our kids. This is the first time they've seen it, and they are enjoying it so far. We're still in Season 1 and have a long way to go, though. :lol:
J.K. Riki wrote: I was going to recommend Mr. Robot, but maybe instead check out The Story of God with Morgan Freeman. It's a good learning-but-still-entertaining show and broadens the scope of spiritual knowledge. :)
I may have to look into both shows. :)
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
try the it crowd? :roll:
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
That show is hilarious!
WildMufasa
Noob
Noob
that's a tough one, you've hit almost everything in the genre that's good on netflix. I did see someone say anime which you never know could be a good idea.