Favorite Startrek character?

amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
Favorite character, from and series/movie

Mine is Seven of Nine from voyager. Humanity, hijacked by evil, the journey to restore humanity.

It's our story people, humanity was created in the image of God. Humanity isn't evil, our humanity is corrupted by sin. Salvation is the restoration of the image of God in us, the restoration of our humanity.

Seven's journey isn't a perfect parallel, but it's pretty good.

I also like Kira Nerys from Deep Space Nine, she's boss. And the Ferengi...
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I'm just gonna throw out three. Not because they're the best characters (Picard is incredible, Data is awesome, etc), but because of the development they undergo. It's not surprise that all three are DS9 characters.

Benjamin Sisko. He struggles with being the Emissary to the Prophets, the commander of Deep Space Nine, and being a father. He makes hard choices in the Dominion War. My favorite quote comes from the episode "In the Pale Moonlight"
So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it... Computer, erase that entire personal log.
Nog. The son of Rom, he overcomes the stereotypes and expectations of the Ferengi (And heckling from his uncle, Quark) to become the first Ferengi officer in the Federation. His story is incredibly inspiring, and he gets his fair share of tribulation when he loses his leg during "The Siege of AR-558" and his recovery in "It's Only a Paper Moon"

Garak. If you've seen DS9, I don't need to say anything else.

Honorable mentions for most of the TNG and TOS characters (Especially McCoy, a man after my own heart), as well as the Doctor from Voyager.

Dishonorable mention: Neelix. *shudder*
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Worf. All day long. Not only did he have the most amazing character development, but he's one of VERY few Star Trek mains that speaks positively about faith and is highly religious.

Major Kira: I know you're worried. But the Prophets are leading the Emissary on this path for a reason.
Lt. Commander Worf: Do not attempt to convince them, Major. They cannot understand.
Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax: Since when did you believe in the Prophets?
Lt. Commander Worf: What I believe in... is faith. Without it there can be no victory. If the Captain's faith is strong, he will prevail.
Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax: That's not much to bet his life on.
Major Kira: You're wrong. It's everything.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I'm just gonna throw out three. Not because they're the best characters (Picard is incredible, Data is awesome, etc), but because of the development they undergo. It's not surprise that all three are DS9 characters.

Benjamin Sisko. He struggles with being the Emissary to the Prophets, the commander of Deep Space Nine, and being a father. He makes hard choices in the Dominion War. My favorite quote comes from the episode "In the Pale Moonlight"
So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again, I would. Garak was right about one thing, a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it... Computer, erase that entire personal log.
Nog. The son of Rom, he overcomes the stereotypes and expectations of the Ferengi (And heckling from his uncle, Quark) to become the first Ferengi officer in the Federation. His story is incredibly inspiring, and he gets his fair share of tribulation when he loses his leg during "The Siege of AR-558" and his recovery in "It's Only a Paper Moon"

Garak. If you've seen DS9, I don't need to say anything else.

Honorable mentions for most of the TNG and TOS characters (Especially McCoy, a man after my own heart), as well as the Doctor from Voyager.

Dishonorable mention: Neelix. *shudder*
DS9 is totally underrated. It's probably my favorite series. I haven't seen TOS, but I've seen all the movies.

Benjamin, I guess I can see why you like him.

Nog, totally awesome. His dad Rom too, has a similar journey, abandoning the pursuit of profit (to be an engineer right?) And Rom had to overcome his own low self-esteem to stand up to his brother.

I thought Neelix was one of the better Voyager characters, plenty of personal struggles, multi-talented, friendly. Not as cool as Seven or the Doctor, but cooler than several others.

My husband loves Garak.
ArcticFox wrote:Worf. All day long.
My husband also loves Worf
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Data!
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spock, haven't watched enough of the newer shows to comment on the others....
Gimmezell
Noob
Noob
Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge

Sstavix
CCGR addict
I've always liked Quark, for some reason. From TNG, Data. And from TOS, it would be a tossup between McCoy or Spock.

I haven't seen enough of the other series to come up with a good judgment.
Comotto
Commander Data!

CARZ
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I do love me some Worf. For awhile there, Worf went the way of Batman. The Klingon Empire needed a scapegoat for high treason, and picked Worf's father, painting him as a traitor. Since Mog was dead, the dishonor rained down on Worf (and his brother). He was stripped of his house and banished from the empire as a traitor. And...Worf took it. It nearly killed him, but for the stability of his world, he allowed himself to be painted as literally the worst member of Klingon society.

Which is pretty cool, actually. He wasn't the hero the wanted...but he was the hero they needed.