Supergirl

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Interesting. Seems like they're trying to put some real effort into a female superhero for once, and the results look promising.

And Supergirl totally looks scrumptious in the outfit, and yet it isn't too revealing. Good balance.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
That does look good!
swifter78
Noob
Noob
I'd have to say I like Supergirl more than Superman in a few ways she seems stronger than him, I hope they wil actually meet in the show someday.
Betuor
Noob
Noob
I did try watching this show. I like Supergirl as a character in the comics / other media but some of the changes made for the show weren't doing it that well for me. Granted, I'm pretty sure the show was not made for me. Barely made it through season 1 but the end was better than the beginning. Looked forward to season 2. Thought it would be better. It did not. Got very political in a way I don't agree. Also, it felt like it was attacking people like myself. Also, weird character changes. Stops relationships and begins some alternative lifestyle relationships. Also, that alternative lifestyle was straight in the first season but her man disappeared. The episodes with Superman was decent and I liked the guy they had playing him even though he looked like he always had a five-o'clock shadow. Wouldn't mind watching him in his own show but it feels like they used all of his stuff.

Also, Jimmy got buff. Sorry, he's called James now.
WildMufasa
Noob
Noob
this show was alright at first, but man it went downhill fast, and it keeps going down. A real shame.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Yeah I haven't watched it since a few episodes into the second season. From what I heard, I got out just in time.

Spoilers ahead...

Part of what made me lose interest, in terms of writing quality, was that they spent the entire first seaosn building up an attaction between James and Kara, had them finally get together at the end, and then *poof* season 2 drops that subplot like a hot potato. It's like they realized they'd written themselves into a corner by putting these two characters together and had nowhere else to go, so they just undid it. They should have either built it up longer, or not done it at all then.

I got out before the political pandering got bad, so I have no comment on that here.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
victorpatrick
Noob
Noob
It's great to see that there is effort being made to develop a female superhero character in a meaningful way. Promising results can often come from such efforts, as they provide representation and diversity in the world of superheroes. Bitlife
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I have found that representation and diversity simply for their own sake never produces good results. What does that even mean, anyway? The draw of a good character, whether in a superhero move or not, is the way we relate to them on a human level. We should be looking at the humanity, the thing we all have in common, in every character. If somebody can't connect with a character simply because that character doesn't look or act just like them, then the flaw lies with the viewer, and not with the character.

Look at this picture from Awesomecon 2016. Look at Superman and Batman in this picture. Does it seem like either of these guys have a problem with their beloved characters having a different skin color than they do? Are they all hung up on "representation?" Doesn't seem like it to me. They're human beings who found characters that resonate with them. I see no problem here.

Didn't mean to get on a rant here. Just needed to get that out. :D
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens