New anime suggestions?

scion238
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I needs me some new anime. It's been a while since I've seen a good one. Here's my taste in anime:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Samurai Champloo
3. Darker Than Black, Season 1
4. Trigun
5. Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Honorable Mentions:
- Anything made by Hayao Miyazaki, but especially Howl's Moving Castle.
- Persona 4 was amusing and entertaining. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children was fantastic.
- Kids on the Slope started off promisingly but lost steam and made me hate the protagonist by the end.
- I adored DB/Z/GT in high school. (That was the late 90's.) I find it pretty much unwatchable now.
- I also liked Inu-Yasha but they dragged out the plot with too much soap opera for my taste. I quit watching it sometime in the middle of S2.
- I remember liking 8 Man After and Guyver back in middle school but again, pretty much unwatchable to me now.
- Akira is overrated, pretentious drivel with pretty drawings and horrible storytelling.
- I have tried Attack on Titan and remain unenthralled and turned off by just about everything.

So yeah. I'm a fan of good storytelling first and foremost, and dialogue and character interplay second. Action is also good, but not for it's own sake.

Anyone have any suggestions?
"In the entire history of the universe ... you're the only 'you' that has ever existed and ever will exist. No one can ever see the world the way you see it. And it might be so different and so beautiful that it changes everything."
-- Grant Morrison, SDCC '08
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Death Note

Those are my two favorites, you might enjoy them.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Code Geass
scion238
Noob
Noob
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Death Note

Those are my two favorites, you might enjoy them.
I've seen Death Note and that one seemed pretty cool. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I haven't checked out yet.
ccgr wrote:Code Geass
Now THAT one I haven't heard of. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and... I may have to check that one out further.
"In the entire history of the universe ... you're the only 'you' that has ever existed and ever will exist. No one can ever see the world the way you see it. And it might be so different and so beautiful that it changes everything."
-- Grant Morrison, SDCC '08
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Trigun, Gungrave, uuuuuuuuhhhhhh.............

Rurouni Kenshin, Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc, D-GrayMan, uuuuuuhhhhhh......darn it, it's so hard to remember this stuff......

Generator Rex, Hero Tales, Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings.......that's all I got right now. Sorry.....
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
blacksinow
Robotech / Macross
Bubblegum Crisis (the original)
Megazone 23
8-Man After
Record of Lodoss War
Ys the anime
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure is also a good one.
Here's the link so you can start watching.

http://www.animeseason.com/jojo-no-kimy ... uken-2012/
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami