Recommendations, please!

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
My wife and I just finished re-watching all the episodes of Firefly last night. She is very sad that the series is over and is hoping that Netflix will be able to revive the series, Nathan Fillion is able to purchase the rights... whatever, just as long as it can happen again. :lol:

But we're trying to figure out what to watch next. Netflix is our main source of television-based entertainment. Where we live, we're too far out for direct reception, and cable's not an option. We could do satellite, but we prefer Netflix since it's cheaper, commercial-free and on-demand.

We're all caught up with the new Doctor Who series. We've watched most of Battlestar Galactica (the new series) and Lost. My wife's not that much into Star Trek, so that's out. And we own all the Stargate series on DVD (we like those shows that much).

As for TV mysteries, we really enjoyed Monk (no longer airing, so no new episodes there), Lie to Me (ditto), and Psych (eagerly waiting for the next season to appear on Netflix).

So we're trying to decide... now what?

Are there any particular series or shows that anyone can recommend? Hopefully I've given you a bit of an idea about our tastes in TV programs. Preferably things we can watch on Netflix, but just any suggestions would be appreciated, too.

Thank you!
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Hmm. You should try Warehouse 13.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Netflix has some good series.

I've been going through SG:U and I've been liking it alot.
There's also all the series of Star Trek.
Seasons 1-6 for Doctor Who.
Complete series for The IT Crowd ( a must for geeks and IT professionals)
Sherlock.

And don't forget Space Documentaries!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Heroes is good
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
"Lost" is very good show, I'd recommend it.
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Personally I would recommend Sons of Anarchy because it's just really amazing but It's different from Dr Who that's for sure. You might like Heroes too but it gets kinda lame in the later seasons
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
_bloodborn01_
Noob
Noob
My wife and I have Netflix also. I got her to watch Prison Break with me and she loved it. Its one of the best suspense shows ive seen. Also you cant go wrong with The Walking Dead or Jericho those are good also
Check out my online Bible study http://www.bloodborn01.livejournal.com
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
oh snap I forgot about the walking dead being on there. I definitely think you should watch that.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Thanks for the suggestions! Certainly some new ideas here to us (and some we've rejected - we're not into zombies or horror, so "Walking Dead" likely won't make our list. Sorry!).

Any other ideas would be appreciated as well, but we've got a good starting point, at least! :)
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I know Netflix used to have Babylon 5 on it, but as far as I know it hasn't made it back on yet. I've been told Farscape is pretty awesome and it's on there, but I've been unable to get any traction in trying to watch it. Stargate:Universe was on there recently, not sure if it still is, although if you've seen Stargate and you've seen Battlestar Galactica, you've seen Stargate:Universe.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Generator Rex and Symbionic Titan.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Syksy
Netflix just arrived in Finland and we started watching it with my wife. So far episode 6 of Firefly :) do mention if you find really good series to watch with wife and we'll follow your example. We did try one episode of Mythbusters but it was way slower pace than I remembered.
You can find me from the CCGR Steam-group, feel free to add me as a friend!
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
After having missed the last season of it entirely, this season of Fringe has me hooked again.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
charity_agape
Noob
Noob
Did anyone suggest White Collar yet? That's a great one. I love psych and it reminds me of that. The two main characters have witty banter which I love. And I appreciate how the crimes needing solving are "white collar" crimes; not murders with scenes of thrashed corpses or something.
_bloodborn01_
Noob
Noob
Have you seen Lost? What kind of genres do you like?
Check out my online Bible study http://www.bloodborn01.livejournal.com