Trigun

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
BROTHER, TRIGUN IS AWESOME. ENOUGH SAID. :shock:
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
cjv
ArchAngel wrote:So, if some of you didn't know, I don't like anime.

I thought I was the only one. Thank you arch for restoring my faith in mankind.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Men like us should stick together.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
How do you start a thread on something you don't even like to talk about? :wtc:
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Must I quote my OP?
ArchAngel wrote:So, if some of you didn't know, I don't like anime.

But, I like a few, and Trigun is one of those gems.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
...............Wellllllllllllll...........Ok, I see your point.

― Criss Jami
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
An independent game company I do some work with tried getting the Trigun license but eventually gave up. The owners were pains in the backside, even with an IP they're not doing anything with. Typical Japanese business types in many ways. They couldn't cope with "dishonoring" the brand if it weren't a runaway success.

Better to do nothing with the property, I guess.

It's too bad. We had some nifty ideas.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Actually, I totally get why they wouldn't do it. It's a bit why Bill Watterson didn't merchandise on Calvin and Hobbes. You lose creative control and you weaken your piece. All the merchandising and brand exploitation done for Star Wars did weaken the work for me. It'll be hard pressed to argue once they did Star Wars Angry Birds, both brands clearly jumped the shark.

Now, Star Wars is also a great example of the reverse. As art goes, it's not necessarily the sole entitlement of the author. Each person reading or watching it adds a bit of their own interpretation into, and it became painfully clear when Lucas reworked the Original Trilogy, and made the New Trilogy. While it was in his legal rights, he changed something beloved by all, or more accurately, ruined it. His new trilogy was paltry compared to extended universe novels. Timothy Zahn's trilogy is much better Lucas' new ones and they strike truer to what Star Wars really is, to me.
And yes, I enjoyed the Star Wars merchandise. I have the lightsabers, the LEGO sets, the games, the x-wing models, etc, etc, etc. And yes, I even bought a Calvin and Hobbes windows sticker for my old netbook.

So, it's hard to say for me. I get both sides, and don't have a distinct position.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

selderane
Gamer
Gamer
ArchAngel wrote:Actually, I totally get why they wouldn't do it. It's a bit why Bill Watterson didn't merchandise on Calvin and Hobbes. You lose creative control and you weaken your piece. All the merchandising and brand exploitation done for Star Wars did weaken the work for me. It'll be hard pressed to argue once they did Star Wars Angry Birds, both brands clearly jumped the shark.

Now, Star Wars is also a great example of the reverse. As art goes, it's not necessarily the sole entitlement of the author. Each person reading or watching it adds a bit of their own interpretation into, and it became painfully clear when Lucas reworked the Original Trilogy, and made the New Trilogy. While it was in his legal rights, he changed something beloved by all, or more accurately, ruined it. His new trilogy was paltry compared to extended universe novels. Timothy Zahn's trilogy is much better Lucas' new ones and they strike truer to what Star Wars really is, to me.
And yes, I enjoyed the Star Wars merchandise. I have the lightsabers, the LEGO sets, the games, the x-wing models, etc, etc, etc. And yes, I even bought a Calvin and Hobbes windows sticker for my old netbook.

So, it's hard to say for me. I get both sides, and don't have a distinct position.
The Japanese take concern about branding to a whole new level. It's part of the reason the anime and video game markets there are stagnating. They don't what to innovate any more, just iterate.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I don't follow japanese brands so much, but western RPGs have changed and evolved drastically over the last 20 years and it seems jrpgs hasn't so much.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Hmmmmm.......so what's your favorite episode of Trigun?

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Don't know if I have one. It's been a while since I've seen it, too.
Probably one of the later episodes with Wolfwood.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
have you seen the movie? I haven't but I'd like too.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return."

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
selderane wrote: The Japanese take concern about branding to a whole new level. It's part of the reason the anime and video game markets there are stagnating. They don't what to innovate any more, just iterate.
ArchAngel wrote:I don't follow japanese brands so much, but western RPGs have changed and evolved drastically over the last 20 years and it seems jrpgs hasn't so much.
Go on Google and look up Asura's Wrath. It will instantly change your mind.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I saw Asura's Wrath. Didn't sell me.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.