Firefly

cvhack
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Um...wow...I loved this show, can't believe I hadn't heard of it prior to a month(ish) ago. Anyone else watch it?

After finishing it I watched Serenity. I liked that too, but it was the one movie I have watched where I legitimately felt sad after watching it. Of course, that was because I knew there was nothing more in the series I had left to see...

Anyway, awesome show and universe.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, this is pretty much the best show ever.
It still breaks my heart thinking of it's early demise.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
cvhack
Noob
Noob
I know, I keep seeing comments online about rebooting it...but to do that they would need a new cast. And honestly as much as I would like seeing it come back, I'm not sure it would be nearly as good with the different characters.

Can't really beat some of the lines either...one of the ones I enjoyed more...

Wash: "I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself."
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
I saw one episode and thought it was really average. I never understood all the uproar with it being cancelled. o_O
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
cvhack
Noob
Noob
Some of the episodes were kind of odd. I think that after watching the whole season, you start to really like the characters and the interaction between them. If I had stopped watching after any one episode, it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
One of the biggest pulls is the character development over the storyline. One of the things that killed it besides high production costs was that the episodes were aired out of order, and what should have been serial was portrayed as episodic.

I don't know if they'd need a new cast, just about all of them said they'd come back if the series rebooted, and most if not all regarded it as their favorite gig.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

cvhack
Noob
Noob
Ok, I wondered on that. I watched it via Amazon, and saw the Air dates were out of order for the episodes, but figured it must have been a glitch. Kind of like how my Flashpoint seasons have a different order than Netflix did... O.o

I can see where that would hurt it when it first came out, but hope it does return. And if it was to, I can't imagine it without the original characters.

On that note, did you see Serenity ArchAngel?
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I liked Serenity a lot and it topped off the series nicely. I do like the series better, and I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to it, but it definitely did. Balanced it just right, I think, between fans of the series and people watching for the first time.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I need to watch this, or so I am told. First five episodes are on Hulu, though now I wonder at that with the added info that the episnoweds were aired out of order.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I just checked. As long as you follow their "Ep:" numbering and not the order they appear, you'll be fine.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Niiiiiice. Dunno when I'ma start, but there's that.
cvhack
Noob
Noob
I believe it is on Netflix too, if you have that...or you can do what I did. Set up a trial Prime membership at Amazon, watch them for free and don't renew :) Though you do have to watch them all within the 2 weeks or month or whatever it is.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I has no Netflix.

I may do the Prime thing. Though I'd definitely save it for Christmas. XD
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Unfortunately, Joss Whedon has said outright that he's not planning any more Firefly/Serenity stuff. Ever.

I'd love it if he changed his mind at some point though, but who knows? If George Lucas can sell Star Wars, anything is possible.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I think that's why Nathan Fillion had been making a push towards acquiring the rights to Firefly himself. I don't know if he's still trying to do this, or if it's even possible, but I sure do wish him luck....