Hey Ken, Whatcha Reading?

Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Just like the other reading thread... but this one is intended exclusively for comics, mangas, and graphic novels.

As for me, I'm starting on World War Hulk. I'm definitely excited about it. I hope it's smashing good.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
I finished World War Hulk... and loved it. Moving backward in Marvel time to read the Civil War arc now. It's also pretty awesome.
vicorintian
Noob
Noob
i would recommend reading ironman and captain america after civil war, it feeds both series and they were both great after it-
Kendrik
CCGR addict
vicorintian wrote:i would recommend reading ironman and captain america after civil war, it feeds both series and they were both great after it-
Nice. I'll remember that.

I got distracted from the Civil War and took up Naruto once again. I'm pretty sure I've watched and/or read all of Part I in the past, and I wanted to read from the beginning of Part II/Shippuden up to the current issue/episode. Buuuuuut... I opted to start from the very beginning.

I'm glad I did. The Great Naruto Bridge alone made it worth starting over. I'm in the Chuunin Exam arc now, and it's no letdown... even on my third or so run through it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
On Kenny's recommendation, I started reading Naruto...I'm impressed. The Great bridge arc was amazing, and the Chuunin exam is...I dunno. Teh creeps, at the moment. O_o Awesome, but teh creeps.

"Sandman" has several bloody new meanings now. XD
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Glad you're appreciatin' Naruto. So good.

My attention span... is nonexistent. In response to my hype about a Yu-Gi-Oh! game coming to Xbox Live (I <3 TCGs) despite knowing nothing about YGO, I decided to try out the comic books. So far, I really like the premise. I see no connection to a card game... or even a set up for a card game... but I'm just taking what they give me on their its own terms. More problematic than that is the whole... y'know... constant structure of the chapters.

Hoping things will change soon. I'm only starting on the fourth chapter, so there's plenty of time for it to start reaching its potential before I cast it aside.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon. I love that you like Naruto. So much.

Kenny was the one that got me onto that whole series, too, actually. I am forever indebted to him for that. o_o
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Kenny, what are you reading?!?!?!?
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
vicorintian
Noob
Noob
Naruto is pretty cool... Shikamaru totally rocks, he´s my favorite character!
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Shikamaru is my favorite, too. He reminds me of... well... me. XD

Also...

I'm currently enjoying X-Men Noir. It's a recreation of the X-Men universe presented in detective noir style. It's... a really cool concept. It's not the X-Men I'm familiar with, but I am liking it so far.

Definitely snagging Spider-Man Noir, too. >.>
Kendrik
CCGR addict
So... reporting on X-Men Noir? It was pretty sweet. Not the X-Men you're familiar with, but the result was still pretty good. Would recommend.

Just finished up Spider-Man Noir, too. Didn't like it as much overall, but it was still interesting. All the same, a definite shift from expected Spider-Man trends. Worth a look, but if you only read one of the Noir releases... definitely go with X-Men.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Back to Naruto. Starting from beginning... because I love it.

Just blasted through eight chapters. Thinkin' I'll get through the first 20ish before bed.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
I think I got about a hundred chapters in on Naruto. Hoping to get caught up over winter break.

But today... today I started something else.

Ultimate X-Men. I got the first volume (six issues) in the mail today. Starting from the very beginning. So far? So good.

Oh man. Hype.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Yesssss. Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 1 (collecting issues 1-7) got here in the mail today. Gotta love Amazon+SwagBucks combo. :D

I'm gonna hold it ransom, though. Only permit myself one volume at a time... after reading a book from the large stack on my floor. So hype, though.

PS Ultimate X-Men is no joke. So good.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Ultimate Spider-Man rocks. So much. In fact, it rocks so much that when it came time to decide which TPB to buy next... I got both Ultimate Spider-Man and Ulltimate X-Men. I couldn't choose. I <3 them both.

I've now got Essential Spider-Woman vol. 1 on the way (around 30 issues for $5 shipped... brand new). Woot.

Presently, though, I'm reading Ultimate Iron Man... written by Orson Scott Card.

Unsurprisingly, I don't get the hate spewed for it on Amazon reviews. True, it ain't Ender's Game, but most of the hate was about changes to the Iron Man character. Guess people just can't wrap their minds around the Ultimate series being a totally different universe (ie Earth 1610)... not just another version of the original stories (which mostly llie Earth 616). Basically, it's good stuff. Worth checking out some time. The fact that it was a rather limited run (only ten issues in the Ultimate Iron Man series proper, though Iron Man is also in Ultimate Human and other things in the Ultimate/Ultimate Comics series) makes it easy to acquire, too.