Hard to Find a book like this, but I'll ask anyways

BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
I would like to find a novel that's by a Christian author that:

1) Is not a romance novel or the plot leans heavily on romance. (Not that I'm oppose to it, but I've read my share of this sort of book)
2) Is a crime type book. Like involving Lawyers litigating a case, or Police detective solving crimes. (Mystery and/ or Suspense if you will)
3) has a solid Christian message

That's just one type of book I seldom come across. I have other books I'm interested in.
J.K. Riki
Sounds like a fun genre you're searching for! I don't have any particular suggestions, but if I come across any I'll post them.

I would say that Ted Dekker writes some good Mystery/Suspense stuff, and he is a favorite Christian author of mine. Dunno if you've read his work, but you might want to check out his books Three or The Bone Collector. Both are pretty fun thrillers. I don't think there was any lawyering, though. https://www.teddekker.com/new-gallery

EDIT: Also The 49th Mystic is listed on that page of thrillers, but I totally disagree and while I enjoyed the book I don't think it fits in that genre. Also if someone was going to read that they should read Black, Red, and White first.
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
J.K. Riki wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:03 pm
I would say that Ted Dekker writes some good Mystery/Suspense stuff, and he is a favorite Christian author of mine. Dunno if you've read his work, but you might want to check out his books Three or The Bone Collector. Both are pretty fun thrillers. I don't think there was any lawyering, though. https://www.teddekker.com/new-gallery

EDIT: Also The 49th Mystic is listed on that page of thrillers, but I totally disagree and while I enjoyed the book I don't think it fits in that genre. Also if someone was going to read that they should read Black, Red, and White first.
I'm currently reading Black by Ted Dekker and plan on reading the whole series :)
Bananareader
I have found a series that might fit your criteria, which is written by Jerry B. Jenkins, who is a Christian author, (who wrote the Left behind series), which is called Precinct 11 . The title for each book in this triology is
The Brotherhood, The Betrayal,
The Breakthrough. I haven't read it yet, but since it's about a cop I thought it might fit your criteria.