Whatcha reading???

Polar_Guardian
Noob
Noob
I'm currently reading JRR Tolkien's "the Hobbit." It's a great story, followed by the even greater trilogy, the lord of the rings!
Zolumus
Noob
Noob
I recently started reading a book I picked up eons ago... Everyman's Battle. I waited too long! This is good and challenging. Recommended!
Budgie
Noob
Noob
Miracles by Eric Metaxas. While I don't agree with the author on some things, the text's overall message and small explorations into apologetics are nice. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to at least see other perspectives on modern day miracles, if only to widen your viewpoint even if you stick to your original stance.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm currently reading The Answers Book Volume 4 (from Answers in Genesis); like the others, chock full of great information on certain topics relating to Young Earth Creationism and Christian apologetics. Cannot recommend enough!
Last updated March 13th
Emma4417
Noob
Noob
I read through sections of the Bible during the week to prepare for my study group.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I'm nearly finished reading the classic book "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I get that it was originally written in the mid-1800s and in Russian, but man, this guy just goes on and on. Characters will literally talk for pages on end with no paragraph breaks or interruptions, and I still can't figure out 300 pages later why the main character murdered two women. Just a difficult read, I don't understand why this book is called a "classic".
Last updated March 13th
potatoda1st
Noob
Noob
mine craft red stone guide
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
A short while ago I finished "Debating Religious Liberty and Discrimination" by Ryan Anderson, Sherif Girgis, and John Corvino. Ryan Anderson and Sherif Girgis represent the pro-traditional values, pro-religious liberty side, John Corvino represents the LGBT side. I will say I appreciate how much both sides were mostly respectful to each other and allowed each other to go in deep, but the end result really did show how the LGBT side generally doesn't just want tolerance of their views, they want you to full-on acquiesce on everything. You will be made to care, as they say.
Last updated March 13th
jacknikola
Noob
Noob
I'm currently Re-Reading a collection of Robin Hood spinoffs known as Rowan of Sherwood Forest.

Code: Select all

Being = (Follower of the True Word) ? Good : Evil;
chocoholic93
Noob
Noob
Just got the whole Shakespeare collection and will be reading it through quarantine
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I just finished "The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, and Islam" by Douglas Murray. It's generally a solid book that really looks at the self-loathing problem in Europe (and now in the U.S.), and the effects it's having with unmitigated immigration. Oddly though he's in a position where he claims "literalistic" religion has been abandoned by all "intelligent" people, but at the same time he acknowledges it's needed in society.
Last updated March 13th
PumiiH
Noob
Noob
do audiobooks count? I'm listening invisible man
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I finished "Astound the Critics" a while ago; it's a compilation of several different e-mails of various types (friendly and hostile) sent to the Christian apologetic organization Answers in Genesis and the author's answers to them. It's a great primer on how to respond to various attacks on Christianity and Young-Earth Creationism.

I'm also nearly done with "Cleveland: The Forgotten Conservative", a book on the presidency of Grover Cleveland. It was nice to take a look back at a time when both parties in America were quite conservative, and the difference that made in the political landscape. I'm also not all that familiar with how America was in the late 1800s post-Reconstruction but pre-Roosevelt, so this gave me a bit of a peek into that, as well.
Last updated March 13th
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Now I'm finishing up on "Assassins", the sixth book in the Left Behind series. I'll be honest, in light of events this year, this book series doesn't seem that bad anymore.... :?
Last updated March 13th
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enjoyed the Left Behind books though they often ended with cliffhangers :\