Whatcha reading???

Perihelion
Noob
Noob
The Gunslinger from The Dark Tower Series, its not at all what i was expecting :shock: :shock:
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm currently reading "Darwin's Doubt", by Stephen C. Meyer. A really cool debunking of traditional Darwinian evolution, though he gets a bit too "lost in the details" sometimes with unexplained complex terms that make it a bit hard to follow.
Last updated March 13th
the toy farmer
Noob
Noob
nothing
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Perihelion wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 am The Gunslinger from The Dark Tower Series, its not at all what i was expecting :shock: :shock:
If you think it's weird now, just wait... The series just gets weirder and weirder.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Reddy
Noob
Noob
The bible when I do my devotions, and follow along at church; I also read my comics that I made myself. :D
ConnorSaysHi
Noob
Noob
The only book I really read is the Bible tbh. I'm not much of a book worm.
manicmarauder
Noob
Noob
I have so many books in my reading /read list.
The Bible of course, though honestly I don't read it nearly as much as I should.

Well below that I've recently picked up a copy of 1984 / Animal Farm. I hear all the 'That's like 1984' stuff and while generally agreeing I realized I've never actually read it myself to know for sure. Soo, that is now on my list.

My preference is sci fi, though I'll dip into urban fantasy occasionally as there are some good reads there. But A *really* good space sci fi series is the Honor Harrington Series (or Honorverse) which starts off with On Basilisk Station and is currently on book 16 I think with multiple spin offs as well. Fleet battles and high tech and even well reasoned technical progression abound.
Myself0910
Noob
Noob
Percy Jackson
VeronicaB
Noob
Noob
Alden Amos' Big Book of Spinning

I enjoy spinning yarn from wool, silk, flax and any other fiber i can
HeptUnDec
Noob
Noob
I don't read to much
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
I'm reading "Praying the Lord's Prayer for Spiritual Renewal", by Elmer Towns. It's a book meant for a bit of study, with questions and journaling prompts at the end of each chapter (there's an entire chapter dedicated to each line of the Lord's Prayer). Some of the stuff is quite basic, but there's some gold nuggets here and there that I had never thought about that makes you appreciate the structure of the Lord's Prayer even more. There's also a lot of great little memorable sayings which are cool. That said, the quote on the cover from Billy Graham that it will "Change your prayer life!" is a bit much, though of course your mileage may vary.
Last updated March 13th
HelenDavisM
Noob
Noob
I just finished an old Taylor Caldwell novel called Glory and the Lightning about ancient Greece. It's the subject of Pericles and his heraterai Aspasia. (This was a woman between a wife and a mistress in the time- she bore him children but he could not legally marry her because she was from a different country). Both were some of the most influential thinkers of 5th century B.C. Athens. It's not explicitly Christian, but the third part of the book involves a great deal of discussion about 'the Unknown God.' It's a long book, but I found myself not wanting it to end.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Now I'm reading "Truth Bombs: The Lies Conservatives Believe To Our Own Demise" by Steve Deace. Pulls no punches; really tough (yet truthful) book. Revival or bust, folks, revival or bust.
Last updated March 13th
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
Right now I'm working on Black by Ted Dekker.

I say working on it because Its a physical book and I got spoiled by reading books electronically. And I mostly read my novels before I got to be. But with no book lamp for my paper books, I hardly read it.

But is a good book so far and I plan on reading the whole series.
7_091
Noob
Noob
I recently finished The Outsiders.