Whatcha reading???

Ted Peretti
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I haven't read Green yet but the whole circle restarts with it. From what I've heard even though Green is the end you can read Black right after it as if it's a sequel. This way the books story-line actually form a circle. Black -> Red -> White -> Green -> Black etc. I'm not sure how the Lost books fit in (as they are about the Books of Histories as well) but I hear it's like a younger version of The Circle books. Also the Paradise novels (Forming part of the Histories) and House (Written with Frank Peretti and featuring a character from the paradise novels) all fit into the Circle as well. I hear you can read them in any order but I'm doing Black, Red, White, The Lost Books Series, The Paradise Novels, House and Green. I think that was the order they were written. Then The Books of Mortals is the new series that takes place after Green so that should be fun.
And I love similies. I love aliteration too. Is that crazy? :lol:
BTW Green comes in two versions. One subtitled "The Begining and the End" the other subtitled "The Last Stand". The former connected the stories with an ambiguous ending where the latter was rewritten with a more solid ending. Depends on if you like the idea that the books can be read in a circle forever. I do so I got the former.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Wow, I knew the main books are the circle trilogy, but I am not sure if I like the idea of story repeating.
Maybe that's why I heard the series might be better off with out it. :think:
Well, then again I guess I did not read it yet. :think:
But yeah, I like reading them in the order they were written. :)
I wish had Red right now.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
jester747
Forum Moderator
I greatly enjoyed the original three, but I despise Green. I just, really really don't like it.

Or pretty much anything new I've read by Ted Dekker since he went over the top Hollywood with his work.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
jester747 wrote: Or pretty much anything new I've read by Ted Dekker since he went over the top Hollywood with his work.
Awww, he went Hollywood?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Reading my drivers guide now. Just got Inheritance on my phone though. :D
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I got my hands on a First Edition, First Printing American Edition of The Silmarillion. I may start reading it soon...but it's mostly for my collection. :P
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Currently reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (for school, mind you) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Also about to start Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
ChrisJ
Noob
Noob
I'm currently reading Inheritance which I've been waiting for 4 years? :o So far it's pretty good, 600 pages to go. :)
TripExistence
donkey
Mostly done with Olive Kitteridge, finished Half-Blood Prince and moving on to the Deathly Hallows. I'm afraid too much of it has been spoiled for me already but trying to keep my vision of the book fresh.
Spoiler:
If any of you spoils the book for me I will strangle you. That's a promise.

<.<
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Snape Kills Dumbledore.
TripExistence
donkey

Funnily enough, I'd heard that meme so much and I thought it was in the seventh book, so it did take me a little by surprise, but not really.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Better man than I.

If I had heard that before I read it...I actually would've choked the person.
TripExistence
donkey
I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today.

:(
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Iknorite?

Didna love the ending (the very end)...I guess I was underwhelmed.

And I was mildly depressed that I finished the entire series and there was no more.
TripExistence
donkey
Yeah, the epilogue was a little underwhelming, I wasn't sure what to think. It was very confusing and poorly written, and didn't give out that much information. I was really hoping for a full-fledged chapter.

But yeah, after I got the book from the library I didn't even pick it up for a while because I didn't want it to end.

I still have a couple of the movies to watch, but it's not the same.