The Star Wars

LAVA89
Has anyone checked these comics out yet? I've been waiting to get them since they were announced and I got issue #4 at Barnes & Noble. And yesterday my back ordered issues 1,2 and 3 came in the mail.

Basically Dark Horse Comics took the original draft George Lucas created way back in 1974 and is doing an 8 issue miniseries adapting it in comic book form. So its one alternative take or "universe" of existing canon. They're also drawing alot of inspiration from Ralph McQuarrie' art.

Normally I don't collect Expanded Universe stuff. But this is the fiirst time I've seen them do alternate universe stuff. And what I like most about them is that they have the classic feel while doing new stories (something I never got with the prequels). Also, like KOTOR, it feels like anything can happen in this new universe.

Here's some samples:
Left - Annikin Starkiller, Middle - Kane Starkiller (Annikin's father), Right - Deak Starkiller (Annikin's brother)

New (or Old) Luke Skywalker:

New R2-D2 and C-3PO:

Cover of issue #1:
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Oh, sweet! What parts do these comics cover?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Not into comics but those look neat
LAVA89
ArchAngel wrote:Oh, sweet! What parts do these comics cover?
Well since Lucas did not intend to write Star Wars into 3 movies, its basically Episode IV: A New Hope (or "Star Wars"). But there are some elements of the prequels floating around and the comic writers said that elements of the other OT movies will appear as well.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I guess Kane Starkiller is where Starkiller from The Force Unleashed got his name. I have read some of the Star Wars Omnibus books but I haven't seen The Star Wars.
Spoiler:

LAVA89
Emwok wrote:I guess Kane Starkiller is where Starkiller from The Force Unleashed got his name. I have read some of the Star Wars Omnibus books but I haven't seen The Star Wars.
Yeah, exactly. Some of the other drafts I've read have Luke with the name Starkiller. So Lucas seemed to like it, I guess, which is why I'm surprised it wasn't used until Force Unleashed. Though the Star Destroyer name is probably the closest thing to a reuse.