Recommend a book.

Frank
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
nope soz (waitaminutewhydidIpostthen?) lol :lol: 8)
cjv
Anything Mark Twain.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
koschei
Noob
Noob
Read "The City in History," by Lewis Mumford. It's about sociology and urban theory, yes, but it's far from boring and will change your perspective on the world. If you're looking for something shorter but meaningful, you must, must, must read "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis -- it's a classic. It began as a series of radio broadcasts funded by the British government during WW2 to raise morale and support the faith of the British people. (My, how times have changed).
_bloodborn01_
Noob
Noob
The best books ive read this year are Vintage Jesus by mark driscoll, The Explicit Gospel by matt chandler, Case For Christ by Lee strobel, and The Disipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies. I also love all ove the Lord of the rings and narnia books
Check out my online Bible study http://www.bloodborn01.livejournal.com
ttemplar
Recently finished a good trilogy by Chris Walley called Lamb Among the Stars. I really enjoyed it!

It is a great Si-Fi series with very dynamic and believable characters. One of the most interesting aspect of the series I found was the struggles of faith the Christian characters have when faced with hardship. Most of the time the characters are confronted with the same hardships most of us face on a daily basis.

It is a little heard of series as far as I know it. I happened upon it by chance and started to read it and couldn't put it down.
Here is a link for anyone who may be interested.
http://www.chriswalley.net/books/lamb-among-the-stars/
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
Mr_Hole_Digger
Noob
Noob
Winnie the Pooh.

Fun for all ages... I'm Kidding.

Common Sense 2012, everyone needs a copy.
"real trucks don't have spark plugs."
hawkblade71470
Noob
Noob
I recommend books by Rick Riodan.

Love his books. like Percy Jackson and The Olympians, or the Kane Chronicles.

He also wrote another series (which name I cannot remember).
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
You Don't Know Me

by David Klass

Profanity is used, but it's still an awesome book.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
zekesnack
i've read the LOTR trilogy 8 times, the hobbit 6 times, the silamarilion (idk if that's spelled right)9 times and almost all the rest of tolkein's books at least once there's 2 i think i haven't read.

P.S. i like tolkien :D
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
*Silmarillion.

source: I like Tolkien, too.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
harrelsonm
Out of all the books I have read in the last 5years, I have to say the Hunger Games were riveting and I was unable to put them down until I had read the whole set!
skywalkerb1999
Noob
Noob
The best book series I have ever read has got to be the Harry Potter series. I know a lot of people think that they are witchcraft but there not. I’m a strong Christian and I can honestly tell you that the magic they use is not in any way witchcraft. I’ve read them all multiple times and I love them more and more every time I read them. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to find a good series that’s funny, but also extremely interesting and fun to read.
I came, I saw, I mined.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Some of my favorite books that I've read in the past couple of years -

YA -

The Harry Potter books
Last Night I Sang to the Monster - Benjamin Alire Saenz
Looking for Alaska - John Green
Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

Adult -

The Stranger and The Fall - Albert Camus (About a third of the way through The Plague, need to stick with it)
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman

*sigh* I buy too many books. There's so many books on my shelf that I haven't read yet that I need to.
Emwok
CCGR addict
I recently finished the Star Wars: Darth Bane trilogy (yes more Star Wars XD).

Some of the best books in the Star Wars series that you could ever read. I can't tell you what it's about because then it would ruin the story! :D
Spoiler:

NovaSword13
Noob
Noob
I recommend the Narnia books. I have read most of them and I enjoyed them a lot.