Recommend a book.

Budgie
Noob
Noob
If it's Christian books, I'd definitely go with Mere Christianity. Even if a few of the points made are debatable or disagreeable to some, it's accurate in the parts that matter most and is just a nice layman's beginner's guide overall. In terms of secular books, I recently finished Mossflower by Brian Jaques, part of the Redwall series. Surprisingly hefty and mature for what it seems to be at first glance, and it's got plenty of fun going on in the story.
Emma4417
Noob
Noob
I recommend The City of Ember series. I really enjoyed it.
potatoda1st
Noob
Noob
the bible
jacknikola
Noob
Noob
Redwall by Brian Jacques (I think I spelled it correctly.) is an awesome read, main character is a mouse named Mathias.

Code: Select all

Being = (Follower of the True Word) ? Good : Evil;
jacknikola
Noob
Noob
To more political types, I would also recommend the Non-fiction masterpiece, the Gulag Archipelago.

jacknikola
Noob
Noob
If you are a Christian, and into Japanese culture, there are some Bible related Manga which have been released.

chocoholic93
Noob
Noob
Love reading fantasy or sci-fi.
Would love to recommend the books I'm reading, but there aren't any English translations so...
I'd like to receive recommendations
PumiiH
Noob
Noob
potatoda1st wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:36 amthe bible
the unbeatable book
BattleMaster19
Noob
Noob
"Hero of Hacksaw Ridge" by Booton Herndon.

Absolutely love it.
ToasterTacos
Noob
Noob
Do Hard Things its a book for teenagers and its very motivational it goes over how the culture expects little from teens but we are more than enough to overcome low exceptions. Have not finished it.
genius1302
Noob
Noob
If you like sci-fi/adventure stories, I highly recommend Ender's Game and all of the books in that universe. Orson Scott Card is an incredible author.
ArcticGamer_
Noob
Noob
I honestly love adventure mystery books like Nancy Drew, which is some very interesting books in my opinion.
bolsen
Noob
Noob
All time classic virtuous books in my list:

With the Old Breed, Eugene Sledge ... just plain awesome with a great Christian message.
Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers (nothing like that movie)
The Hobbit and also Lord of the Rings.
caelanwashere
Noob
Noob
The Night Angels trilogy is a lovely book series. It's about an assassin group, and it kind of reminded me of a mix between Assassin's Creed and Skyrim. When I was reading it, I got completely immersed in it and it was just akdj;lkadjfkdaj it was really good!!!
RainbowFang
Noob
Noob
I highly recommend the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. Fantastic historical fiction, as in PRE-historical. Hah.
But seriously, has some great themes but what keeps me most interested is her historical, geographical, biological, and other knowledge permeating these books. It is essentially a series describing ancient, ancient Europe/Middle East with human plots thrown in. I love that kind of literature.

Another with unique themes is the Lady of Horses book by Judith Tarr. I haven't read the other books in that vein she's written, but that book permanently changed me since middle school. Power struggles, societal problems, and horses--what's not to love? It is also set in ancient times of pre-history. I can't tell if it's meant to be set in the Americas or the plains of Africa, but it's a great setting. Pagan practices are shown in some places, but they don't seem to actually matter in terms of the plot and come off as more cultural attributes than anything, where a ritual isn't treated like it causes immediate and crazy supernatural forces to impact the environment, so it that stuff bothers you, it may not be as big of a deal as other books. It is fiction, after all.