Recommend a book.

SirAlderon
Noob
Noob
I've looked and I've seen a lot of series, but are there any good fantasy books anybody knows of? like just a single book, not a series. cause have a list of series im reading, i just finished the nicholas flamel series, a great modern fantasy filled with legends and mythical creatures, and im in the midst of reading the harry potter series, the wier world series, and the percy jackson series lol. not that I dont like them im just having troube getting a hold of the next books, so while i wait to work on the series any suggestions for a single fantasy book?
IoannesPaulusII
Noob
Noob
Orson Scott Card has some very interest quasi-philosophical sci-fi
VeliLeBelly
Noob
Noob
I recommend reading the Hunger Games series though I'm sure most people have read it but if not you should. :)
jbmsDad
Noob
Noob
Frank Peretti "This Present Darkness" and the sequel "Piercing the Darkness"
jbmPlaysGaming
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
A Book I Recommend

A book I recommend is The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey. I think you should read it because it is hilarious xD
xXAerowenXx
Noob
Noob
If you like fantasy, romance, and action, then I'd recommend the Iron Fey series. It's a young adults/teen fiction, but it's one of my favourite books! Other books I highly recommend are: Reckless (By Cornelia Flunke), Inkspell series (also by Cornelia Flunke), and any book written by Francine Rivers, especially the books Bridge to Haven, and Redeeming Love (these ones are Christian fictions). :3
Jsaw90
Noob
Noob
Any of Creflow Dollar's books are top notch. Becoming a leader is one.
LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer
I suggest you read the Eragon series. I got it from my birthday 3 years ago and I loved them. I read all four books in around a year. Then again I wasn't really racing to finish them. Just casually reading hear and there.
Chuckderp
Noob
Noob
The Bible is always a good book to read.
ShmooMan12
Noob
Noob
I've read one book that I really enjoyed. It was the Jurassic World junior novelization. I'm not much of a reader but this book was one I stayed up late reading. The book keeps to the movie, with any occasional "PG-13" cursing removed for cleanliness. I read the book before watching the movie which was a good idea, and I scanned through it while seeing the film. The dialogue is barely simplified, and it seems that it all came straight from the movie script. There is some violence in the story, all dinosaur stuff has that, right? :wink: Overall, the book was great and kept my attention. The suspense isn't too driving, but it makes you want to head on to the next chapter. I'd totally recommend this book if you like dinos and action! :D
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
If you are into true story, taken place a while back in time. I'd check out "Dietrich Bonhoffer" (years 1906-1945). :thumbup:

Thanks,
Woiv
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
Turtle_Player_8
Noob
Noob
I suggest: the Oz books, the Percy Jackson series, the Pilgrims progress and of course The Bible :D
Turtle_Player_8
Noob
Noob
i suggest for those who like christian books: how should we then live, The chronicles of Narnia and basically every C.S. Lewis book out there :D
Avinson
Noob
Noob
A Shepherd Looks at Psalm23. Phillip Keller ((a great look at the 23rd psalm concepts for those not familiar with actual pastoral life)
another one....
Bible Manners and Customs. George M. Mackie ((this grants HUGE context to your Bible studies)

Anyone have any recommendations for a good overall Biblical history timeline author or book? I am finishing up a chronological Bible readthrough and am going to need an outside source to help me cleanly pull it all together ((preferably a author(s) that ref using the KJV))
ShazzyLo
Noob
Noob
You should totally read the How to train your Dragon books! The originals! ^^