Recommend a book.

Petera
Noob
Noob
"Jesus is ______." was a really good, as well as inspiring! :)
FrostedChocolate
Noob
Noob
First harry potter book
davo_ray
Noob
Noob
I need to get back into the habit of reading the Bible devotionally more often.

The Bible was the main thing I was passionate about reading, during 2011-2014. I read and studied it intensely, several times, almost every day—sometimes all day. And it was during those years I memorized a lot of passages & chapters.

During that time I was also edified by a lot of Tozer's books, and Puritan writings. Also, for amusement, I read all the apocrypha I could stomach (the book of Enoch I find upsetting on many levels; I couldn't finish that one).

One of my mentors highly recommends Hannah Whitall Smith's "Christian's Secret to a Happy Life." He says that's one of the top 3 greatest books he's ever read (and read several times), alongside C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity & Tozer's "The Pursuit of God." I have read those latter two, so that makes the former sound interesting.

Then I got really deep into reading the works of Josephus. I read his autobiography and about half of his "History of the Jews." I still want to finish reading that, and also his history of the "Jewish War" that took place around 70 AD.

I've got a long reading list of things I'd eventually like to get to. Near the top of my list is John Foxe's original work called "The Acts and Monuments," which is essentially a 2000 page tome, divided into several volumes. If you've ever seen a "Foxe's Book of Martyrs (and there are actually countless versions)," it was actually an abridged selection of stories from The Acts and Monuments.

And then there's the writings of the early church fathers. I'll probably spend the rest of my life occasionally reading through all of that, along with other more modern histories (missionary biographies, etc.).

And then there's just world history. I've been getting pretty hardcore into that, lately. One of the next audiobooks of that genre I'm planning to listen to is an 11-hour reading of "The Gulag Archipelago."

And I enjoyed a lot of the material in Henry David Thoreau's Walden. He and I have a lot in common.
Bluewolffe
Noob
Noob
Lockwood & Co.! But not for the faint-hearted. It's in a ghost-infested London. (warning: sometimes they swear)
Only read this if you want to get your socks scared off. The last and fifth book, The Empty Grave, just came out!
XxlakerpanxX
Noob
Noob
Diary of a wimpy kid
Uovan
Noob
Noob
diary of a wimpy kid
KoolGirl
Noob
Noob
A book I really liked. It was sad. It is a true story by Dave Pezler the book called "A child called it"
LiveLifeInColor
Noob
Noob
I would recommend the book "A dogs purpose" to any one who loves dogs. Some parts are a bit sad, other parts are happy and overall it's a great book.
jacklaster
Noob
Noob
I will always recommend the sea of trolls trilogy, such class.
Rachel1701
Noob
Noob
This is a bit of an interesting book recommendation. I'm part of the children's ministry at my church and I recently bought The Jesus Story Book Bible it's a really well done children's Bible that has adorable pictures. It's a good beginner Bible for kids and the stories aren't so simple that you get annoyed or sick of them. If you have kids or work with kids it's a really great resource.
Cloaking_Ocean
Noob
Noob
My favorite books that make me enjoy reading: The Fablehaven series, The mysterious benedict society series, and The Scorpio Races.
EccentricPickle
Noob
Noob
Wolf by Wolf is an AWESOME book for anyone who likes historical fiction, motorcycle races, and strong female protagonists.
Grandewhopper
Noob
Noob
The Bible! - specifically the gospels. Also, "How to Kill a Mockingbird"
MrFixit
Noob
Noob
I liked the Left Behind series
gpirchy
Noob
Noob
The first book i would recommend to someone is. ... the Bible (for it is God's Word to us).