Anybody use an E-Reader?

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I picked this up yesterday at Bed Bath & Beyond for $31 after a 20% coupon. It was a bear to set up but worth $30 I suppose. Glad I didn't pay full price. :D
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sweet deal. XD

For srs. O_o

I may show it to me mom and see if there's one on sale locally...I've been trying to talk her into an e-reader but she doesn't want to pay full price.
SSquared
Wow! Interesting. Let us know how it works. Can you download EPub, PDFs and such, too? Can it play audiobooks? I want to be able to download books from our Libary2Go site. I'm think of this more for my wife (her birthday is next month). Hmmm, I somehow need to find a 20% off coupon. We don't get the newspaper, so I don't get coupons.

I use my little iPod Touch screen to read. It's tiny, but works. But my wife is not going to read on it. It's also not that great for reading PDF/Word docs.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I signed up for their newsletter and got a 20% off coupon right away.

The Literati can read epub files off of the SD Card reader, be warned that the two files I tried had formatting issues and the words were running off the edges. The kobo books I got for free were fine. I haven't paid for any children's book yet but the free ones I grabbed had no pictures just [illustration] tags. Kinda of a waste with a nice color screen.

I don't think it has audio capabilities.

The device itself is a bit slow to load books and updating it took forever! I had to reset it to join my wireless since it didn't support shared key wep I had to throw on a wireless router just for this device! (The Nook has the same limitation BTW)

Be warned that this is a Sharper Image device and they are not doing well financially.

Technical issues aside I got it as something to play around with. I'm glad I didn't buy this full price.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
I use my iPod as an eReader. :D Good stuff really, I had 20ish books on at once but I'm down to 5 or 6. :P Our Library recently started doing eBooks. :D
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Barnes & Noble is selling a refurbished Nook through ebay for $80 for a limited time. I picked up one of these. Looking forward to it coming in soon.
(This isn't the 3G model.)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
FamilyFriendlyGaming
My wife has a Kindle that she uses quite frequently. Picked up a refurbished iPad (half the price of a new one), and she has gotten iBooks on it. She brings her Kindle to church and follows along in the Holy Bible on it.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Half priced? Not a bad deal!
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
FamilyFriendlyGaming wrote:Picked up a refurbished iPad (half the price of a new one), and she has gotten iBooks on it. She brings her Kindle to church and follows along in the Holy Bible on it.
Yeah that's what I do (I upgraded to an iPhone this last summer, iPod was losing it's hold over me lol) I currently use iBook and the Youversion bible app.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I used Bible Z HD on my HP Tablet
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
I have a Kobo. It is a very basic e-reader but I love it.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
2bRnot2bme
Noob
Noob
I have an original Nook that I don't use much, only when my phone needs charged. I mostly read on my phone, as I can read in bed after lights out on the Nook App for Android.

We recently picked up a Nook Color for the little kids for their home school. I'm so glad we did. The NookKids Read to Me books have really sparked an interest in our reluctant reader.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nice. Yeah my phone broke a while back so I have been "bookless" for 3 months. O_O But my new iPhone should be here any day now. :D
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
airpa wrote:Nice. Yeah my phone broke a while back so I have been "bookless" for 3 months. O_O

And people wonder why I read paper....
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Typo meant to put ebookless. I have not been bookless, just all my newer books like Inheritance and my drivers book were on my phone.