Recommend a book.

RainbowFang
Noob
Noob

Re: Recommend a book.

Post by RainbowFang »

I highly recommend the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. Fantastic historical fiction, as in PRE-historical. Hah.
But seriously, has some great themes but what keeps me most interested is her historical, geographical, biological, and other knowledge permeating these books. It is essentially a series describing ancient, ancient Europe/Middle East with human plots thrown in. I love that kind of literature.

Another with unique themes is the Lady of Horses book by Judith Tarr. I haven't read the other books in that vein she's written, but that book permanently changed me since middle school. Power struggles, societal problems, and horses--what's not to love? It is also set in ancient times of pre-history. I can't tell if it's meant to be set in the Americas or the plains of Africa, but it's a great setting. Pagan practices are shown in some places, but they don't seem to actually matter in terms of the plot and come off as more cultural attributes than anything, where a ritual isn't treated like it causes immediate and crazy supernatural forces to impact the environment, so it that stuff bothers you, it may not be as big of a deal as other books. It is fiction, after all.

PYROPEGUIN
Noob
Noob

Re: Recommend a book.

Post by PYROPEGUIN »

Hey.

ALWAYS in the market for a good book -- particularly if it has a free audiobook version somewhere :} I get a lot of time to listen during work, but I need my eyes and hands. Firebird sounds interesting, and anything on par with LotR has my immediate interest, so thanks!

Return to “Books”