kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely

A girl, a Rubik's Cube, and an entire dimension

Postby kittycathead » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:00 am

BREAKING NEWS!!!

April 1, 2018

Kaiyana Chiaru, age 15, commonly referred to as "the Cubemaster," has disappeared.

She was last seen on March 14. If you have any information regarding her location, please contact Miyuki Chiaru as soon as you can, at 314-159-2654,
or email her at [email protected].

She reportedly disappeared in the midst of creating a pattern with her beloved Rubik's Cube. She supposedly disappeared into thin air. Her Rubik's cube was found, shattered into a million pieces.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!1111

I wake up to find myself in some sort of black void. The last thing I remember is the white and blue checkerboard pattern I had made on my Rubik's Cube before passing out. Wait, where's my Rubik's Cube?! Where am I?! Where's my math notebook, my songbook, my mP3 player?!

Something flashes before my eyes. Six colors. Red, orange, yellow, white, blue, green. The colors of a Rubik's Cube. I cup both of my hands, and the colors settle into a Rubik's Cube. I sit down and begin to fidget with it. I mess it up, solve it again. Mess it up, solve it again. A profound peace and tranquil is beginning to form and my worries are melting away. This place makes sense to me.

That can't happen, a voice says. We must keep you alert.

A giant pair of terrifying red eyes forms from the dark void. A giant red mouth forms and swallows me up into it.

I'm home again. Phew. I look at my mom. She's being dragged away. Her captors are holding weapons and syringes. "Mom!" I scream. "Mom!" She's going to die. No. No. No! No no no no no no no!! "MOM!!!!" I shout with all of my being.

I'm suddenly back in the void. "She is not going to go through this." Huh?! The voice sounds booming and deep, and sounds like it has enough authority to command all of creation, if you will. I look around, and I don't see the source of the voice. Confused and shocked, I rotate my Rubik's cube in and out of a checkerboard pattern. In and out, in and out, in and out. I begin to panic. What's going on what's going on what's going on?! My rotations get faster and faster, and I don't even notice. A teenage boy appears out of thin air. "Nice going there, you're really fast. Can you solve it when it's scrambled?"

I scream, and the boy responds, "There's nothing to be afraid of. You don't need to panic." I look down at my hands, to find that they're going incredibly fast. Wow. 73 rotations per second. Multiply that by 60, and you've got 4380 rotations per minute. Multiply that by 60, and you've got 262,800 rotations per hour. Divide it by 5,280, and you've got about 50 miles per hour. Jeez. That's fast.

The boy just stares at me. "How-?!" He just stares at me. "You're amazing at math, girl!" My face turns red as a beet, and I stutter, "U-Uh-...." when I see that all the math I did in my head is projected in the air in front of me - and the boy. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name's Ivan. What's yours?"

"M-my name's Kaiyana... Why am I here, anyway?"

Continued in Part 2...

I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you're looking forward to part 2!

Return to “Writing”