Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I suppose that makes some sense. I was able to come up with a couple really interesting (IMO, obviously) grooves using some drum kit and a really powerful bass synth. The trouble I have now is I want to be able to add to it, but I'm so fuzzy on the "mechanics" of music that I don't know where to begin in terms of fleshing out these grooves into some proper songs. I feel like intuition can only get you so far, you know? XD

This song is a classic of the Acid House genre, but it's a bit long.

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1 wrote:Doofenshmirtz
So, you watch Phineas & Ferb?
This is my signature
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your most favorite food? Why?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I suppose that makes some sense. I was able to come up with a couple really interesting (IMO, obviously) grooves using some drum kit and a really powerful bass synth. The trouble I have now is I want to be able to add to it, but I'm so fuzzy on the "mechanics" of music that I don't know where to begin in terms of fleshing out these grooves into some proper songs. I feel like intuition can only get you so far, you know? XD

This song is a classic of the Acid House genre, but it's a bit long.

Thoughts?
Youtube maybe? At the very least, you'd definitely find some basic tools to further your skills with Ableton. I used some basic tutorials for FLS when I first got it.

I don't know. To take the song you posted, most of the body of it is a simple drum machine. I can't recall what the thingum used to make the overlay is called, but it's a pretty standard plugin combined with stepping (or slicing) and phasing effects. Combining that into a song is where the art comes in, but music being what it is...I imagine standard theory applies even to the weird sauce. :P But that's the 'wisdom' of a complete scrub, so have your salt handy. XD

It wasn't bad. Not something I'd seek out to listen to, but fair background music.
RedPlums wrote: So, you watch Phineas & Ferb?
As much as possible without going ridiculously out of my way.
BlockHeadLewie wrote:What is your most favorite food? Why?
Pizza. I could not explain why I love it so much. It's...bread, and cheese, combined with a tart sauce. It's perfectly balanced, can be topped with most any of your favorite ingredients. Pizza can be made for anyone, no matter their tastes.

It's just excellent food. <3
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Favorite Mario game?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I guess that makes some sense. I'm just thinking I don't know a ton about scales, modes, keys, etc so I feel like I need to learn more about that part of music so I can learn to make better use of the effects I can create.

I can't remember if I showed you this song before, but here's an older but great Orbital song:

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
A kindred soul!

I too enjoy watching P&F a lot.

Staycations?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I guess that makes some sense. I'm just thinking I don't know a ton about scales, modes, keys, etc so I feel like I need to learn more about that part of music so I can learn to make better use of the effects I can create.

I can't remember if I showed you this song before, but here's an older but great Orbital song:

Thoughts?
That I might can help with. Ultimate-guitar is a surprisingly great resource for perusing musical know-how (even unrelated to guitar). It's like...50/50 trash to treasure, but when I had a question about theory or scales or keys, or wanted to learn about them in a language I could understand (literally sometimes, as you'd be surprised how often musicians write only in notation and treat you like a peon if you can't read it) I kept coming back to them. I've dug through my bookmarks and can't find any specific pages, but back in the day (like...three years ago. You know, ancient times. :P ) they had lot's of good articles on the subjects.

Not bad...not a huge fan, but I would not call it bad. Sounds like really epic boss music. O_o
RedPlums wrote: A kindred soul!

I too enjoy watching P&F a lot.

Staycations?
I would call it one of the greatest cartoons ever written. It's just...inspiring, I guess. XD

Adventures out in the world are fun. ^_^

Adventures are also cold, wet, smelly, uncomfortable, and at times painful. Things you love to read about other people having, but not necessarily go on. Things which are only really enjoyable or appreciable six months/years after they happened in real life (like ripping through your hammock into a sickeningly cold pile of doggie no-no). I can't recall a camping trip or vacation that hasn't involved a rash and diarrhea at least once, and usually mild (hopefully) injuries all around.

Therefore, I am not at all opposed to staying at home, eating candy, playing video games until my eyes bleed, and calling it a proper vacation. With air conditioning, low prices, indoor plumbing (from the inevitable candy related diarrhea), and only a normal amount of injuries.

String up a hammock in the front yard, bash your left foot with a hammer, and convince the neighbor kid to loudly play obscene rap music. You won't be able to tell a difference, really. :D

I am what you would call a home body.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1 wrote:I am what you would call a home body.
Likewise my friend, likewise.

Doing your taxes is the worst time of the year?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'll have to look into that.

So this is a live performance of an Orbital song, it has a bit of a long intro though (actual song starts around 1:30 into the video), so be warned.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote:
Likewise my friend, likewise.

Doing your taxes is the worst time of the year?
I've had worse actually. At least with taxes, you can view you refund as payment for any stress incurred. Summer and its unrelenting heat, bugs, and stink bothers me far worse.

Granted, the one time I actually was employed at a large institution, I had them pull out my taxes on a biweekly basis and used their supplied forms and paystubs, so when the time came I pretty much had everything on hand. And I still live with my parents, have no dependents or other relational deductions/costs, and don't make a lot of money. I also don't do a lot of donations or claim anything as business related. And my dad helps, because he's a nice person like that. I also use TurboTax.

So I guess what I'm saying is...taxes aren't a big deal when you have no money, property, or business ventures. And you have both computers and people helping you out. But then you have no money, capital, or business ventures, so taxes are not arguably the worst problem currently steaming on your plate. XD
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I'll have to look into that.

So this is a live performance of an Orbital song, it has a bit of a long intro though (actual song starts around 1:30 into the video), so be warned.

Thoughts?
I liked it. Looked like a lot of fun to attend, too. ^_^ I wish I had more to say, but I've got too much cough medicine in my head.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
When the person you report to seems to have it in for you and only exist to make your life miserable?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Must be nice.

I was able to do my taxes pretty easily, it only took me two days. But what really kills me is the state taxes, Minnesota has the most confusing state tax forms I have ever seen.

Blizzards?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 pm When the person you report to seems to have it in for you and only exist to make your life miserable?
I blessedly have never really been in that situation.

I don't know how I'd react, to be honest. I don't take poop-headedness well, especially when it's unjust, and yet I tend to be willing to accept a lot of things in silence, complaining about it after the fact.
RedPlums wrote: Must be nice.

I was able to do my taxes pretty easily, it only took me two days. But what really kills me is the state taxes, Minnesota has the most confusing state tax forms I have ever seen.

Blizzards?
This too, is probably a factor. I don't know how MS ranks on tax forms, but I know we're comparatively simple to the rest of the US. XD

Blizzard in MS means +2 inches of snow in more than a day. They have been known to cause mass food shortages, 60 car pileups (not kidding, unfortunately) and general panic spurred upwards by the local news. I'm kind of ambivalent, as I don't like people driving on ice and snow, as I worry for them. But I also enjoy snow, ice, and cold weather itself in nice amounts. It's a yearly tradition of mine to walk barefoot in the snow. <3

The one real blizzard we had in MS was in '94. We got like a foot of snow and ice, and the roads were shut down for a few days. My dad actually parked at our nieghbors house and walked the 1/2 mile home, as he could not make it up our driveway. O_o
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's really not fun. Can confirm.

So if you could pick any part of the US to live based solely on weather (let's ignore issues like jobs, politics, proximity to family, etc and just assume everything works out in your favor), where would you pick? I know you often complain about Mississippi summers (And if they're anything like Texas summers, I completely understand), so I thought I'd pick your brain.