Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Yeah, making alts is possible, but I'm not entirely up for that right now. XD

Favorite Castlevania game?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I wouldn't bother, really. Enjoy the endgame for awhile. And, to be honest, while the whole 'create alts for fastest light level' thing is true...you won't be far behind if you do it one character at a time. And you'll not be burned out by playing the story three times in a row. -_-

You know, because I've always avoided the naked critters in the Castlevania games, I've not played the best from the series. The only one's I've really played are the original NES trio. Of those, whilst the third is arguably the best from a mechanic standpoint, I prefer the first. The music was amazing for the era, and the whole game just has a flow about it that I really liked. Alucard is a pansy though. -_-
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
You know, while I definitely see why people like Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night (Personally, I kind of prefer SC4 because it doesn't introduce the non-linear complexity that SotN did), I also kind of have a soft spot for the first one. The music, as you said, is awesome. Plus the game is just so much fun.

What would you say your criteria for buying a new console is? I'm looking at getting a Switch, but since I own a Wii U, a large portion of the games are just ports of games I already have access to.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
At the risk of yet again sounding indecisive...it depends on what I want. And usually it runs down a flowchart which I study intently for several weeks. XD This is going to be long and rambling, because thus are my thought processes.

Eh. Nevermind. I'll trim it short and sweet. XD

At the end of the day, it's all about exclusives. I don't give a monkey fart about graphical power or controller type, and I honestly don't care about getting the latest iteration of Sports Game 20XX, or the latest Call of Duty. I choose for either first-party IP's or platform exclusives. Preferably, a long list of upcoming titles for both now and the next year, so I can choose with the future well in mind. That's why I went with a Wii last generation, and I don't regret that decision. It's why I'm planning on getting a Switch next year, I hope: Sweet, sweet Metroid Prime 4. <3

Usually, I aim for both Ninty's console and either a Sony or M$ machine so I get the best of both worlds. This requires a sacrifice, choosing which world to enter first. But that's the price you pay for...well. Not having money. That's ironic.

However...there's a part of me that actually wants to get a Wii U. From a collectors stand point, but also from the exclusives I have heretofore missed and early access to Breath of the Wild. Plus, my Wii is dying. So I honestly can't give any advice in your situation, considering I kinda want to be in your spot myself. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I getcha. The Wii U is a solid system, but Nintendo kinda shot themselves in the foot by requiring the gamepad to be used. Unfortunately even the best Wii U games can have some stutter as a consequence of needing to maintain a connection to the gamepad. I love the ideas of the Wii U, but I think Nintendo would have had a much better system if they'd dumped some more money into the hardware so it wasn't so difficult to develop for.

At least the Switch seems to be off to a better foot there, plus if it gets some visual novels, it might supplant the Vita as my preferred portable system.

Which reminds me:

When you absolutely adore a console that mostly failed? Like, you know it doesn't have a ton of games and it didn't sell well, but you can't help but love it? I'm that way with the Vita. Utterly crushed by the 3DS, but I absolutely adore it. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
You know...I don't think I've ever loved a failed system. O_o Usually, I've managed to choose a 'winning' system and haven't really bought into a failed one.

SNES, over Genesis and the innumerable forgotten entities for the 16 bit era; Playstation over N64 and Saturn. Gamecube (which, though arguably the least successful offering of its generation, was hardly a failure) over PS2 and Xbox and Dreamcast. Then a Wii...then a PS4 in lieu of a Wii U.

I've been a Ninty fan through and through as far as handhelds go (though I do have a PSP, and it's excellent) too.

I've always wanted a Saturn and a Dreamcast, but I've never actually fallen in love with a 'failed' system.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm. I guess I'm just kinda weird like that.

So some friends and I attempted the Leviathan raid last night. We managed to clear the Royal Pools (That was obnoxious...), and attempted the Pleasure Gardens, but then our group had to split for the night after a few failed attempts. The raid has some really clever mechanics and I like it, but I have to say that the process of opening a door to the individual rooms is annoying. XD

How did you like the raid?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I realize the crux of my post is that I should have told you that I've never actually bought a failed system. That's why I haven't fallen in love with one. XD

I...can't make up my mind. Actually, it's less that than my experiences were conflicting. The problem with the raid is that your success is entirely dependent on the skill and dedication of your team mates. Which is a dookie-shoot when you are matching with random people you don't know.

Long, sad, overly verbose tale:
Spoiler:
I played the Raid week one. The Saturday of the week it was released. No one knew how to do it, and the light level rating is not accurate. As a result, I ended up with four shockingly (mind, I worked the Wal-Mart stock room. My ears are not overly sensitive. :P ) foul-mouthed New Zealanders and a Dutch guy who kept dying badly. As a result, we put four hours into the Pools with no success. If the NZ guys weren't doing more talking than playing, the poor Dutch guy was running the wrong way and then dying badly, killing the rest of us.

It was frustrating, so say the least. But I did not give up. I spent every ounce of free time raiding, with the result that I spent around 8 hours a night playing Destiny, most of it within the Raid, for the next four days. I gave up several hours of sleep each night. XD

Day two I paired up with a British/American team (and another Dutch guy) who knew what they were doing. We were a hairs-breadth away from completing the Gauntlet when the team fell apart for real life. I tried matching again and horrifically got paired up with a bunch of twelve-year olds who were more interested in running around and giggling than actually playing. I do not have the patience for twelve year olds who run around screaming and don't bother to ask what to do. Why would you answer a LFG if you just wanted to fart around? This was at the Gauntlet; when you reach it, you will understand.

Day three was the reset. After the previous nights terrible experience, I almost didn't bother. But I did, and using the LFG, found a pretty good team. We got to Calus before the team disbanded at around 9 in the morning. I tried LFG to finish it up and got paired with an idiot who spent his time dying badly and coming up with dirty jokes. He didn't have the excuse of being twelve, either.

Day four, I don't remember very well. I was running on low sleep and high frustration. See, I never beat a raid in D1, and I was determined that I would break that in D2. And I did. I managed to get paired up with a cobbled-together group of the British/American guys of the previous day, and we beat it after several hours of work. It has been a long time since I have been so happy to complete a gaming activity. Both because of the Triumph, and because I never had to do it again. XD
Short version:

I am extremely pleased that Bungie made it more of a puzzle/timing thoughtful thingum than a 'JUST KEEP SHOOTIN'" type deal. That's really cool, and pushes the boundaries of what Destiny is even more. It's also got some cool weapons and hints of things yet to come. I liked it a lot. It's awesome.

But the dang process is pulling teeth if you have a bad team. Actually, pulling teeth involves nitrous oxide and lidocaine, so it's worse. For a week or two after completion, I never wanted to do it again forever. Ever. *eye twitch*

XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, I'm glad we at least agree that having mechanical puzzles is awesome. Because I'm not gonna lie, I was glad to see that the raid was like that rather than a "KEEP FIRING YOU MAGGOTS" sort of thing like other MMO Raids would become. I just don't know if I want to LFG it just yet. I know how to do the Royal Baths, and theoretically know how to do the Pleasure Gardens, but that's the extent of my knowledge. XD

So last night I completed a visual novel I've been working on since Destiny 2 launched. The ending itself was pretty bittersweet and I can't honestly say I liked it, but the journey there was awesome. The opening song, in my opinion, captures the tone of the game pretty well.

Thoughts?
Emwok
CCGR addict
A friend showed me this song the other day and it immediately made me think of you. :lol: I think it's pretty awesome. I also think of "Deus Vult" every time I hear it. How have you been?

Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Well, I'm glad we at least agree that having mechanical puzzles is awesome. Because I'm not gonna lie, I was glad to see that the raid was like that rather than a "KEEP FIRING YOU MAGGOTS" sort of thing like other MMO Raids would become. I just don't know if I want to LFG it just yet. I know how to do the Royal Baths, and theoretically know how to do the Pleasure Gardens, but that's the extent of my knowledge. XD

So last night I completed a visual novel I've been working on since Destiny 2 launched. The ending itself was pretty bittersweet and I can't honestly say I liked it, but the journey there was awesome. The opening song, in my opinion, captures the tone of the game pretty well.

Thoughts?
Yes. This part I loved. And they really came up with some intricate mechanics, given it's a FPS. That part, I have no complaints over. Just the fact I have to rely on other gamers in order to complete it. Plus, there's the stress of not failing the team. Nobody wants to be the guy that tripped over the wall and fell into the abyss (which happens on the Bath's frequently). XD

It genuinely surprised me that people on the internets are complaining about the raid puzzles. I don't understand what they wanted? A tougher, longer version of a strike?

Sounds sad. Every time it tries to move to a happier key, it's down to sad again. XD
Emwok wrote: A friend showed me this song the other day and it immediately made me think of you. :lol: I think it's pretty awesome. I also think of "Deus Vult" every time I hear it. How have you been?
I like it! The story behind it is awesome. XD

I'm doing OK, I suppose. Refusing to indulge my inner emo kid, at any rate. :D How about you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
You think the opening is sad, just wait until you hear the true end credits song:

Like...I can't even watch the video. They chose the final scene from the VN for the background, and that scene combined with the sad music makes me cry. Not even exaggerating, I have cried at least half of the times I've tried to listen to that song. The story was just that powerful to me. Of course, it probably won't have the same effect on you if you've not played the game. XD

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think, as you said, much was missed by not experiencing the trials myself. Didn't sound like sunshine and rainbows though.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Doing pretty well. Been super busy this past week because of mid-terms. I have a little time to breathe this week, but finals are coming up soon so I'll be busy again for a couple weeks. :P Trying to find a job, and I really need to apply at schools for transfer.

Do your ears hang low?
Spoiler:

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I want to give you more context, since I doubt you will ever play the game for yourself (And I wouldn't necessarily blame you, the content is...extreme in some ways), but I don't think I can do it justice. So I'll just leave it at that. XD

There is actually a second opening song to the game. The one I showed you is what was used for the PlayStation release of the game. But originally, the game came out on Xbox One (Which, shockingly, was not localized for America) and had a different opening song. I don't like it as much as the PS opening, but I do kinda like it.

(Ignore the Vietnamese subtitles, this was the only version I could find, lol)

Thoughts?