Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Bono does have a great voice. Although I'll be honest, earlier U2 is my favorite U2.

I got Lego City Undercover, and I really like save for two things: The driving controls feel way too sensitive, and the loading times are a bit ridiculous. I like the game though, I need to invest more time in it.

I also got my up-traded copy of Breath of the Wild, and played it for the first time. I...don't really know how to feel. I guess it's kinda fun, but some of the concepts I needed to make it to the main world in the game were never explained to me (like cooking), and there are parts of the game that feel needlessly cheap. Like the temperature system, and that only barely being explained to you (and the way to get around it NEVER being explained to you). I also just don't find the whole voice-acted story thing to be very Zelda. Part of what I liked about Zelda was there wasn't a ton of story, plus the silent characters made it feel more...bookish. Now that it has voice acting, it just feels kind of generic to me.

Finally, and perhaps most frustratingly, the game makes filling out your map harder than I think is reasonable. You have to climb a massive tower, which takes forever to do, and all along the way you have to stop at these resting points and let your stamina recharge. I hate to be that person, but this reminds me of the worst parts of Skyward Sword: needless time spent waiting. Bleh.

Well, I didn't mean to ramble like that. Uh...

What Lego games did you play/like? And I mean beyond the licensed movie ones, we're talking like the old school ones too.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I personally enjoy seeing Dr. Fate and Zatanna appear in the DC shows and comics and games.

Psychology, your thoughts?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
BOTW sounds like my speed...but at the same time, I'm not sure--now that you've mentioned it--I will like it as a Zelda game. XD

The only real LEGO games I have played are Lego Star Wars and...Lego World? Lego city? It was an old PC game that was similar to Sim City but Lego themed. I loved that game. <3 I could probably pick it up and play it now.

Lego Star Wars was fun, but kind of simplistic. For one reason or another, I've never gotten any of the rest of them. I probably should.
RedPlums wrote: I personally enjoy seeing Dr. Fate and Zatanna appear in the DC shows and comics and games.

Psychology, your thoughts?
I...am hesitant. I can't actually think of anything else to say. XD
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Fair enough.

Being promised alone time and then never getting it?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Maybe Lego Creator? That sounds really familiar. I played the Lego Island and Lego Racer games, and they were a ton of fun.

I too found Lego Star Wars a touch simplistic. It's fun, but I didn't think the formula holds up when it's recycled across many copies of the same core game.

Axiom Verge?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
RedPlums wrote: Fair enough.

Being promised alone time and then never getting it?
Sad times. I need alone time to keep myself in good shape, mentally and spiritually. I get grumpy if I am around people all the time.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Maybe Lego Creator? That sounds really familiar. I played the Lego Island and Lego Racer games, and they were a ton of fun.

I too found Lego Star Wars a touch simplistic. It's fun, but I didn't think the formula holds up when it's recycled across many copies of the same core game.

Axiom Verge?
Legoland! ^_^ I never completed it, as much time as I put into it. I was 10. What can I say?

I want to try one of the newer Lego Star wars games, or the Marvel ones. Just to see how the series has improved. They look fun, at any rate.

Axiom Verge is on my list to play, but I've never seen it on a sale big enough for me to afford. Looks like an excellent entry into the Metroidvania genre, and has an interesting tale behind it. But I don't know anything else about it.

Also, I just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. I can't recommend the game enough. <3
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ohhh, there was so many Lego games back in the day. I keep forgetting them. I remember having fun with Lego Loco, the train-management game.

Did you ever play Knights of the Old Republic II? And if you did, what did you think?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I feel you. I am the same.

Do you enjoy cooking?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Ohhh, there was so many Lego games back in the day. I keep forgetting them. I remember having fun with Lego Loco, the train-management game.

Did you ever play Knights of the Old Republic II? And if you did, what did you think?
I never played that one. But it sounds fun. XD

I did. I...didn't really like it. The overall atmosphere, story, and characters were darker than the first, and the game felt unfinished. I realize it was, and they had all manner of development issues, but it lacked all of the originality and strangeness of the first game.

I actually got tired of it about 20 hours in, and never completed it.
RedPlums wrote: I feel you. I am the same.

Do you enjoy cooking?
I do. ^_^ Cooking and baking both. Just made some sugarless pudding in an attempt to craft a diabetic friendly dessert. Sweetened with bananas and coconut flour, thickened with eggs for added protein.

Have not tasted it...I'm kind of afraid too, actually. O_o
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's a shame. I thought KOTOR II was the best Star Wars game ever made. In fact, part of the reason I liked TLJ so much was because it felt deconstructionist of Star Wars in the same way KOTOR II was. I really liked all of the things that game said about Star Wars. I also thought it vastly improved the RPG mechanics of KOTOR I. I love that game so much. XD

Here's some music with a really weird music video:

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
That does sound a little bit daunting to eat. Good luck.

Jeopardy?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: That's a shame. I thought KOTOR II was the best Star Wars game ever made. In fact, part of the reason I liked TLJ so much was because it felt deconstructionist of Star Wars in the same way KOTOR II was. I really liked all of the things that game said about Star Wars. I also thought it vastly improved the RPG mechanics of KOTOR I. I love that game so much. XD

Here's some music with a really weird music video:

Thoughts?
More...annoying, than anything. XD That's the kind of thing I can imagine someone blaring loudly in a car, and I'm just sitting there waiting for it to be over. :lol:
RedPlums wrote: That does sound a little bit daunting to eat. Good luck.

Jeopardy?
It was good, actually. Needed a bit more sweetener, and it didn't thicken properly (whether due to some reaction between the almond milk and the egss, or not enough of them), but it was a great first try.

I enjoy the show. Only watch it sporadically, though.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wheel of (mis)fortune?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm a bit disappointed you didn't like it, but ah well.

Here's another one off of the same album, complete with a music video that is a little less crazy than that one.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote:Wheel of (mis)fortune?
This too, I enjoy. I watch it more frequently than Jeopardy, at least. :D
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I'm a bit disappointed you didn't like it, but ah well.

Here's another one off of the same album, complete with a music video that is a little less crazy than that one.

Thoughts?
Weird sauce, but I liked is this time. A lot actually. I tend to prefer electronic/dance music of the flowing variety, as opposed to the...Jarring isn't the right word, but it's the only one I can come up at the moment.