Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Got another song for you, though I will warn you this is a bit long, and probably will fall into the "listen while doing other things" category, which I would say it does for me.

Thoughts?

Also, did you get Curse of Osiris?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Do you like flying in airplanes?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
JesusIsLord713 wrote: Haha same here. :lol:

The metal part on your pencil (that houses the eraser) getting loose and coming off? This actually just happened to me the other day.
Interesting. Feels like you'd lose a very important part of your pencil. The conundrum is...do you repair it properly, or keep them separate just for fun? Or glue the metal part onto a random stick just to confuse people.

The possibilities are endless. XD
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Got another song for you, though I will warn you this is a bit long, and probably will fall into the "listen while doing other things" category, which I would say it does for me.

Thoughts?

Also, did you get Curse of Osiris?
I did. I bought the expansion pass back in September, actually. :P

Jury is...kind of out. I don't really have any complaints, per se`...

(Mayhaps minor spoilers ahead, though nothing related to the story.)

It just feels more like...Crota's End, as opposed to House of Wolves or the super expansions of TTK and RoI, which were basically the size of sequels.

What I mean by that is that it added some story, a new raid, new gear, but not any real super changes to the game. I miss the Prison of Elders, as I love arena combat, and I feel like there isn't any real world changes. TTK was basically a new game, as was Rise of Iron, as they remade the entire game with new mechanics and poop loads of gear that touched each world and strike and (in the case of RoI) Raid.

Even in house of Wolves, you'd see Wolf hunting parties that you could bounty on every world, and Petra would give out bounties to go hunt down. They story progressed game wide.

CoO...thus far, there's been no "world" changes that I have discerned, and I'm kinda disappointed by the usage of the Infinite Forest. They had an incredible idea, and so far they have tied it up with adventures. You can't just explore the forest and its branches, see where they take you. You go in with specific objectives which, at least on a weekly basis, are pretty much the same.

That said, and this is key...I'm finding new things every time I play. I haven't run it into the ground yet. So the jury is out, as I have not by any means explored everything. :P I haven't even tried the new weapons system, and the new raid looks fantastic. It may be as time goes by that I will have no complaints at all, as not only is there another huge update coming the 12th, it seems like the infinite Forest is going to be a weekly reset.

So I'm not disappointed...just not thrilled out of my gills. Also, make sure to get the Prometheus Lens before Xur leaves. It is...glorious. So glorious that Bungie is going to fix it in the update. :P

The song was good. I was bored for the first half, but really like the second. XD
RedPlums wrote:Do you like flying in airplanes?
I have never actually flown in an airplane.

Given my girth, propensity for over-packing, and general dislike of rigid structure...I feel I would find what should be a marvelous process annoying and anxious. XD

Also, given my sporadic luck and tendency to forget things in my pockets, I am terrified that I would get called aside for a strip search. @_@ And that wouldn't be fun for anyone. I'd be scarred for life, as would the security force.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hahaha, the Prometheus Lens wars are real in PVP. So much fun I wish they would keep it as a dedicated game mode (only weapon is Prometheus Lens). I may or may not have gotten a 26 kill game with that thing. >_>

I really liked the story, but it's definitely a bit short. The final boss encounter was awesome though. :O

How do you feel about Monster Hunter?

And here's your music choice for today:

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I am currently sitting next to my 3 year old niece who is entranced by 'Boss Baby'. I'm not sure that she's still alive...

Have any nieces or nephews?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Hahaha, the Prometheus Lens wars are real in PVP. So much fun I wish they would keep it as a dedicated game mode (only weapon is Prometheus Lens). I may or may not have gotten a 26 kill game with that thing. >_>

I really liked the story, but it's definitely a bit short. The final boss encounter was awesome though. :O

How do you feel about Monster Hunter?

And here's your music choice for today:

Thoughts?
I didn't try it until last night, actually. I feel...guilty. The other team didn't use it for the first thirty seconds of the match, and it was like that scene at the end of 'The Last Samurai'. XD

And I know right? Some clan mates were complaining about it being too easy, and I was just...floored. Did they not get the point of it? That was one of the best boss encounters in the entire series for me, because it was so thematic. It wasn't about overcoming an impossible challenge; it was about killing an ultimate enemy.

How I feel about monster hunter? I feel like I forgot the demo was this weekend. Crinkle friiiiiiiiiies. -_- But hey, thanks for reminding me; I still have a few hours to try it. XD

No complaints. Excellent background music! Percussive, but not chaotic.

Edit: Oh my farfalle-blatz, I think I'm in lurve. <3 It's all the improvements the DS iterations of the Monster Hunter series wrapped up in a gigantic, living, breathing world. :O The monsters are titanic on an actual TV, and the full sized controller makes life a world easier. It's the MH I adore, jacked up to eleventy. <3 The monsters on display are also incredibly awesome looking.

Complaints wise, they brought back the bedimmed evil catfish. -_- I was OK with those things never existing again, as they make me screech in fear. I already dread the submerged locales. The game also has a very...arcadey, feel. What with the short timers and easier monsters. The barroth was ridiculously harder to take down in MH3. I didn't get a chance to use half of my items, let alone figure out what they did. But that, I think, is perhaps just the demo. Or the solo mode. I can't see the main game being that rushed though.

The controls are also a little busy for me, with the slinger and everything. I kept hitting the wrong button or wrong combination of buttons (heaven help the poor idiot who, like me, did not utilize the training function before taking on the switch axe or insect glaive--the latter of which is my second favorite weapon) and getting bit in the face as a result. I also think that's going to be a really cool gadget, I just didn't want to mess with it thanks to the incredibly short mission timers.

Basically, I'm wondering how I can get an extra $60 in late January...
RedPlums wrote: I am currently sitting next to my 3 year old niece who is entranced by 'Boss Baby'. I'm not sure that she's still alive...

Have any nieces or nephews?
I love that movie. Hilarious.

Only furry one's. By which I mean dogs, not kid's with hair overgrowth issues.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm not really great with kids; dogs though, I love. I understand dogs. <3 We actually saved the life of one of our furry nieces, and had to nurse her back from the brink of death. Which was a huge blessing, and as a result she kind of adores me. XD
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, dude, MHW was so legit. I played some multiplayer with Kenny last night, and it was such a blast. The expert hunt was too much work to complete in the time limit (Because HP scales for four players, not two...lol), which I am told will be 50 minutes in the full game. I'm also told that Diablos was in the beta, and that was a lot harder. Plus I imagine they had to figure out how to balance the short time limits with giving you a ton of good gear early on. I am reasonably sure that the full game will be more in line with other Monster Hunters, if the community is to be believed.

As a newcomer to the series, the beta sold me. I'm so ready. I'm looking at scrounging up the cash for it as well, lol. One of my most anticipated games of 2018 (Second only to Kingdom Hearts III, but I have my doubts that will come out in 2018), and it comes out in January. XD

Did you get to try out the mantles in MHW? I really enjoyed the Rocksteady and Glider mantles. XD
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
It is pretty great to be adored by another living being.

Hack and slash games?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Rate these in order of importance to your taste:
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast

Do you make your own or use a toaster?
I...actually don't really like any of them. XD Of the three, I would choose French Toast, then pancakes, then waffles.

I make them from scratch when I make them. Never a toaster. Actually, some french toast doesn't sound. Little cinnamon.

I'm more likely to make a Monte Cristo, though.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Oh, dude, MHW was so legit. I played some multiplayer with Kenny last night, and it was such a blast. The expert hunt was too much work to complete in the time limit (Because HP scales for four players, not two...lol), which I am told will be 50 minutes in the full game. I'm also told that Diablos was in the beta, and that was a lot harder. Plus I imagine they had to figure out how to balance the short time limits with giving you a ton of good gear early on. I am reasonably sure that the full game will be more in line with other Monster Hunters, if the community is to be believed.

As a newcomer to the series, the beta sold me. I'm so ready. I'm looking at scrounging up the cash for it as well, lol. One of my most anticipated games of 2018 (Second only to Kingdom Hearts III, but I have my doubts that will come out in 2018), and it comes out in January. XD

Did you get to try out the mantles in MHW? I really enjoyed the Rocksteady and Glider mantles. XD
Oh Diablos...that thing is a nightmare. XD But if the time limit goes back to its normal 50 minutes, then I will have no complaints. I could live with twenty, I just feel like it'd limit the interaction with the world. The health thing is nit picky, and I know there'll be tougher things in the game.

Actually, I did not. I was the idiot who didn't do the training. XD I used the great sword and its deadly dance. I didn't need the mantles. I activated the invisibility one once by accident...I feel like I missed a lot.
RedPlums wrote: It is pretty great to be adored by another living being.

Hack and slash games?
Hit or miss. :P

Thing is, sometimes I get an itch for a good hack and slash. The last time I did so I got Titan Quest, and...I don't know. About 15 hours in, doing the same hack and slash thing, I kinda got bored? They get repetitive very fast unless they introduce new mechanics or abilities frequently.

I'm a fan of the genre though, on the whole. I just ate too much at one time. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
The rocksteady mantle basically allows you to not be knocked over, and it reduces the damage you take from attacks that would knock you over. The glider mantle, when you press the cross button while in midair, will let you glide for a bit. Both of them are duration limited for a couple minutes, and can't be used once they expire until they recharge (Which takes about five minutes, I think). It's a really neat addition to the series.

So. Favorite prior Monster Hunter game?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm...I missed a lot. I bet a glider mantle+Insect Glaive combo is broken. XD

Monster Hunter is like Pokemon; the game mechanics are very similar, so just go with the latest to get the best monsters. As such, I think I choose Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Or whatever the name is. The second from the latest 3DS release. I was basically able to go from that one to World without a huge change. I don't want to know how many hours I put into it. It had dozens of monsters, a good seven or so hunting grounds of impressive size, uncountable armor sets, and excellent online modes.

But...Part of me wants to say MH: Tri. Tri had a very limited selection of monsters, but it was my first MH game, and I have good memories. It also had water mechanics (something 4 Ultimate lacks). I maintain that the Gobul is the scariest thing ever created in a video game, including the Iguana fish from Resident Evil 4 and the Ichthysaur from Half Life. That thing is straight up, pure, unadulterated nightmare fuel.

Which, by the by, made it all the more satisfying to defeat. Even if I had to change my pants after the first time I fought it.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm, yeah, I guess I can understand that.

Have you seen TLJ Yet? I haven't, but I've heard very...mixed things. Some people love it, some seem to think it's a disgrace to Star Wars (hilariously, that's what I thought of TFA, so maybe I'll love this one, lol).
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
What is your comfort food?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Hmm, yeah, I guess I can understand that.

Have you seen TLJ Yet? I haven't, but I've heard very...mixed things. Some people love it, some seem to think it's a disgrace to Star Wars (hilariously, that's what I thought of TFA, so maybe I'll love this one, lol).
I have. I don't know what to say? XD I have many words, but not many without heavy spoilers. Thing is...I walked out of TFA going 'There's lightsabers. There's jedi. There's Han Solo and Chewie. It's got familiar looking ships. It's Star Wars.'

I walked out of The Last Jedi going 'Wow. It's Star Wars.' End of file. It wasn't Star Wars because of the laser swords and familiar characters...it was Star Wars because it felt like Star Wars. In the feels.

But at the same time...*sigh* I can't rant properly about it. The series is too near to my heart to spoil it.
RedPlums wrote:What is your comfort food?
Junk food. :P I know it's going to sound odd, but pizza, cheeseburgers, and chili cheese fries are what comfort me. Mind, my mom is a fantastic cook, and I grew up eating delicious home made meals.

But when I feel sick or sad, and want a food to embrace my soul...I want pizza. Or cheeseburgers. Or chili cheese fries. :P