Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I still refuse to buy any EA-published game because I know they're going to be pushing this kind of crap forever. Which is why I am forever upset that Disney sold exclusive Star Wars games rights to a company as scum-sucking as EA. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we will never get a good, story-driven Star Wars game while this deal is in effect. EA shuttering Visceral and "restructuring" their planned single-player Star Wars game is just further proof of that. There is not enough naughty language in the world to describe how much I detest EA as a games company.

Remakes of obscure games that you liked?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I can live without Visceral, to be honest. >_> But forever is a strong word, in absence of revenue. My point is...you've seen the reaction. When the internet rose up in a giant, smelly wave of chubby gamer rage, and the negative reviews started to roll in, and Twitter's outrage bar was reaching max, EA back pedaled. Like...that scene in Star Wars where Han chases down the Storm troopers in the Death Star, and comes upon a barracks full.

There's also the Disney connection, as you mentioned. Disney is not a monolith that you tick off. Star Wars is gold; if EA starts burning that gold or shaping it into toilets, Disney is going to take notice. :P Especially with The Last Jedi and the other movies coming out. This is not the time they are going to want their IP to have negative connotations. I think--as long as people keep resisting it--that EA is going to stop the microtransaction dookie.

I hope so, at any rate. Star Wars Battlefront is an amazing series, and it's been a good long while since we've had a really good Star Wars game...The Force Unleashed, basically. And that was over a decade ago.

There haven't been many, I don't think. The only one I can think of offhand would be Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. That game was phenomenal, but I always felt it never got the credit it deserved when it came out. And now there's a remake (that I almost don't want because I've played the original so much. XD).
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a super big fan of Visceral, but I think that cancelling a single-player game because (among other reasons) It doesn't have monetization hooks really rubs me the wrong way.

I dunno, I just don't see the fan reaction as the main reason EA backed out, so much as Disney saw the reaction and told them to back down. So while I /do/ think complaining can fix things, I find the EA statement to ring really hollow. "We hear you loud and clear!" No you don't, you got a call from Disney telling you to back the frick off. Look at Need For Speed Payback: Got the same sort of crappy microtransactions with a ton of backlash, but NFS isn't owned by Disney so nothing was done about it. So I don't think microtransactions are going anywhere, but maybe we will see less of them in Star Wars games.

Anyway, I'm just rambling here because I abhor EA's business practices a ton. I also dislike that Destiny 2 implemented a loot box type system with shaders, but I'm a little more forgiving of that because I never really used shaders that much.

How do you feel about the DualShock 4's battery life? Because I'm not gonna lie, my least favorite things about the PS4 controller are that obnoxious light on the front and the fact that the battery life is pathetic compared to the DualShock 3. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Yeah, but Disney paid attention to the complaints. I'm less...giving EA props for being awesome, more pleased that the Hammer of Disney (wielded by Thor) does not hesitate to come down upon them. :P Because the Disney hammer is franchise wide, so if they threaten to whack EA, EA can't really help but capitulate.

Either way, I firmly believe there will come a point where the 'I'm not paying for that idiocy' players outnumber the 'I'ma drop $20 to win' players, and at that point micro-transactions will die. At least for progression. I don't mind them for eye candy items like skins or emotes.

Wait...the Dualshock has a battery? It's wireless? I thought that cord was short.

...In all seriousness, I'm...I have learned to work around it. XD I tend to get 4-6 hours out of mine, depending on the game. And when I first opened the box I was hilariously incredulous. That's ridiculous for a wireless controller, and I couldn't understand why people weren't complaining about it. I honestly thought mine was bad until I dove into the non-Sony-fanboy side of the internet. XD

I like the light though. <3 I seem to be one of the few. It's glowy and fun, and interactive. When I'm about to die in D2 it turns a threatening shade of red. When everything is OK, it's a calming blue. Skylanders games are even more fun because it changes according to the element of the Skylander.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh it's a fun controller, but the battery life is still crap. XD

When you have to get up at stupid O'clock in the morning?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That kinda depends. Is it stupid O'clock because it's before nine, or stupid O'clock because I went to bed at 'wasn't-watching-the-O'clock'?

Either way, there are times that I have to get up so early that I just don't bother going to bed. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm going to have to remember "going to bed at wasnt-watching-the-O'clock," lol. In this case, I had to get up at 3:30 AM to catch a train to catch a plane to be home for Thanksgiving. My sleep last night was deep and long. But that day was awful, lol.

Shaving: yea or nay?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, that's one of those times I wouldn't even go to bed. Just chug a 2-liter and warn people not to say stupid things around me. >_>

Nay, I guess. I actually enjoy shaving itself; I use a ye olde safety razor and a badger hair brush to whip up my lather from scratch. And I don't mind being clean shaven, at least until I am physically capable of growing a wizard beard. At that point you'll never see my face without a beard again.

The problem is, I have incredibly sensitive facial skin. Not soft; just sensitive. It's getting better as I get older, but the first few years of shaving people would ask me if I needed some medication to fix my face after I shaved. Literally, it was this:

"Hey, are you having an allergic reaction to something? Your face is really...red."

"No, I'm good. I shaved yesterday."

"Did you...use shaving cream? Maybe you...maybe you should get some lotion or something."

I break out in a nasty rash that resembles acne mixed with sunburn, and feels like 220 sand paper is being rubbed across my face. You can imagine how fun it was to shave for special occasions. I removed the hair from my face and replaced it with leprosy. XD But, as I said, now after years of experience and testing, I have figured out a regimen that lessens it to just a mild visible rash and mild to severe itching.

So, you see, I'm afraid to shave daily less it turn my face into hamburger. Meaning I tend to walk around looking like a hobo/hipster unless it's a special occasion (Like...I'll probably shave on Thanksgiving and use the resulting marred appearance to help me out black Friday. At the very least, no one is going to want to catch whatever hideous disease I have. :P ).

So...nay.

And that is more than you ever wanted to know about my face. :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
lol, I have some friends with skin that sensitive. Thankfully my skin isn't that sensitive, but even safety razors tend to cut me, so I generally just go with electric razors.

Having caffeine before bed is a bad idea?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Electric razors...I don't know what it is, but even the high quality ones pull my hairs. And still give me a rash. I just think my face likes having hair on it.

Depends on the day and source. Sometimes, I can drink an entire two-liter of coke over the course of two hours, then immediately fall asleep without issue. Others, I can take a few sips of tea and be unable to doze off.

Last week I drank like a liter of tea then immediately went to sleep. Woke up feeling amazing, so the caffeine must not have been processed in my system. It had to have been a fluke though, as I guarantee I couldn't do that now. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I once had an entire French press of coffee at 8 PM...didn't go to sleep until 1 that night. XD

When there's a game that received rave reviews and everyone is recommending but you cannot stand to play?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
DOTA. :P But as that field has been well plowed...actually, it happens a lot, but I can't think of any specific examples. I have the severe sleepies and an extraordinary amount of gas that I hope will not fester into gas pain overnight.

Basically, it was a good Thanksgiving. :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad to hear it. How did the turkey turn out?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glorious. <3 Usually, when I create or plan a food item, I reflect afterwards upon what I could improve upon the next time.

I...don't really have anything. :O Not with that turkey. It was roasted carefully and slowly over a bed of onions, crusted in salt and seasonings, each piece pulled from the oven as it reached the correct temperature. The meat was rested, then sliced into moist and tender cutlets. I have never had a better tasting turkey, and I say that without bragging. I was, as someone who generally isn't fond of turkey, completely shocked; It was moist, flavorful, richly textured, deeply flavored. Simply seasoned (by itself it could have used more salt. Paired with the gravy, it was excellent. But...paired with gravy, what isn't? :P ) with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. My family too, was genuinely surprised at how good it was (since, realistically, we have served many a dry turkey over the years. >_> ).

I'm not saying it was perfect, or that no one could make a better turkey. Just...Whatever sacred magics are needed to make a better bird...they are beyond my skill or knowledge. For myself, I am content. :D If I can replicate that recipe next year (or whenever I next get a turkey) I will say that I can make a good bird.

Of course, I'd like to fry one sometime. But I also don't want to be hideously burned, so...compromise. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm super jealous.

Score any Black Friday deals?