Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Do you prefer your mermaids with fish heads and human legs, or human heads and fish tails?
I literally do nothing
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
How about this song by the same artist?

Emwok
CCGR addict
August Burns Red?

Spoiler:

RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Catholics?
This is my signature
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
Captain America: Civil War?
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
micah211 wrote:Do you prefer your mermaids with fish heads and human legs, or human heads and fish tails?
I don't actually know any mermaids, and I've never met one; the sad part about living rather far away from the ocean. I think I would just be happy to know one so that I wouldn't really care where the fish started and the human stopped.

That said, I think I'd prefer human torsos and fish tails, since a person with a fishy torso and human legs would elicit screams if they walked up behind you in a dark room, and look a little too much like the creature from the black lagoon. Plus, I grew up with "The Little Mermaid", so I guess I'm biased by the image.
Deepfreeze32 wrote:How about this song by the same artist?
I liked it a pretty good amount, but nothing really stood out to me. That's likely because I've been listening to similar music all day though.
Emwok wrote:August Burns Red?
I like them, but except for a few songs, I just like them OK. Their stuff is a bit too screamy for me now (I used to like them a lot more), but that was really good.
RedPlums wrote:Catholics?
That's a complicated subject. :D There are a lot of great reasons Marty split off to take place in the Reformation, and I believe much of their teachings are misguided and, frankly, wrong. Yet I'm not the one who determines a persons salvation status with God, and as long as people have a personal relationship with Jesus, and repentance of sins, that's what is important.

But, to risk digging myself into a hole, Catholicism tends to get very caught up in ritualism and the authority of the priesthood, neither of which are particularly biblical, and as a result, people can get caught up in the rituals and treat priests as holy without really paying attention to the God Who has been forced behind the priests. Biblically, we have one Priest and one Priest alone, and to Him alone will we answer, and He alone can give us forgiveness, and He alone stands between us and God...that's one of the things that is so crazy about Christianity. The curtain has been torn, and we can actually talk to God with no one between us. Catholicism replaces that freedom with the priesthood.

Yet...the same could probably be said of any form of organized religion, protestants included. We just have pastors and church attendance instead of priests and Mass. There will always be someone who mistakenly prays to people instead of to God.

I don't think the holyness of Mary and the saints is kosher either. I understand the theology behind it, but I think it's incorrect how she, and the rest of the saints, have been elevated to the status of being prayed to. They aren't the One helping us out or controlling things.

There are, as I said, a good many reasons Marty split off to join in the reformation, especially given how corrupt and broken the Catholic church was back then (it's far, far better now). But as I also said, I am not the authority on who's Christian and who ain't, so to speak, and I would firmly say that Catholics are a force for good and Christianity at large, and though I wouldn't bow down before him, I'd certainly not mind meeting the Pope. :P
Eagle Eyes wrote:Captain America: Civil War?
I'm torn, because I know how the Marvel Civil War ends, so...I want to see the movie, yet I also don't want to see the movie. XD I guess I need to look it up and see how far they take it...I'ma definitely see it, though it'll probably be on DVD.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Tacos or Burritos?
I literally do nothing
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hows about this one:

?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
None of the superheroes die in civil war. That was the biggest fear I had about the movie.

Magic users or machine abusers? (in reference to superheroes who use magic or superheroes who use modern tech.)
This is my signature
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1 wrote:
Eagle Eyes wrote:Captain America: Civil War?
I'm torn, because I know how the Marvel Civil War ends, so...I want to see the movie, yet I also don't want to see the movie. XD I guess I need to look it up and see how far they take it...I'ma definitely see it, though it'll probably be on DVD.
You should definitely see it! :shock:

I didn't want to see it, mainly because of what the title implies, but i took a chance and gave it a chance.

Boy! I was very impressed!! It didn't turn out the way i thought it would and had a very strong story line based on individual choices. That's all i'm gonna say.

A must watch indeed 8)
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
micah211 wrote:Tacos or Burritos?
Depends on the contents and the day, really. I will openly admit that the standard to which I hold all burritos is the Taco Bell 1/2 bean burrito, and the standard for tacos is, you guessed it, the standard Taco Bell taco. Not that I haven't had a better taco (No Way Jose's, a Mexican restaurant located a good 300 miles away from me, holds that honor), but the TB taco is a fair baseline.

That in mind, I've never been able to concoct a burrito which has met the flavor glory of a Taco Bell burrito (nor ordered one in restaurants), so for the past two decades I've been wary of ordering one, or making them at home...actually, I can't recall ever ordering a burrito outside of the Bell...Surely I have, though.

Taco's? Well...that's a different story. Meeting the baseline of a taco bell taco at home isn't actually that hard, and when you do (with fresh, non-diarrhea causing ingredients no less) it's pretty much all the flame and all the glory. I could probably down a half dozen without much effort.

So, unless I'm sitting in a Taco Bell, I think the answer would be Taco. If I am in a TB, then I'm far more likely to get a boatload of burritos (with the possible exception of a Dorito taco, which is an entirely different caliber of food), and openly cry at the beany heaven steaming in front of my face.

I don't really eat at Taco Bell anymore though, so for the most part...I make nachos. Which, when you consider it, are basically shattered tacos.
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Hows about this one:
?
That was pretty awesome. ^_^ Love Digeridoo's.
RedPlums wrote:None of the superheroes die in civil war. That was the biggest fear I had about the movie.

Magic users or machine abusers? (in reference to superheroes who use magic or superheroes who use modern tech.)
I think I will be able to sit through it easier, knowing that. I was mildly worried they were going to kill off Cap.

Probably machine abusers. I like a good wizard, mind, and I don't usually have a problem with them...but most of the magic users in comics tend to be to based in reality. Doc Strange comes to mind immediately, since his comics have a lot of occult symbolism and such in it that I'm not particularly comfortable with.

Whereas Iron Man just tosses around pseudoscience in a manner that would make Star Trek envious. And I'm OK with that. <3 That said, I can name a half dozen magical heroes I like, so...
Eagle Eyes wrote:You should definitely see it! :shock:

I didn't want to see it, mainly because of what the title implies, but i took a chance and gave it a chance.

Boy! I was very impressed!! It didn't turn out the way i thought it would and had a very strong story line based on individual choices. That's all i'm gonna say.

A must watch indeed 8)
Oh, I almost definitively will...but it'll be on DVD/Blu-Ray and not in theaters. Now that I know no one dies, I'm looking forward to it more. XD
BlockHeadLewie wrote:What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
Preferred? That everyone sit down and discuss the situation like grown-ups, clarifying what was said and what was meant in a gentle, forgiving manner. At the very least, that someone tell me "Hey, you hurt my feelings and I want to know why," or "What did you mean when you said", ETC, and give me a chance to explain or apologize, and correct the situation for the future.

Most used? Shouting and anger, combined with angry flatulence. -_-
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chozon1 wrote:
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Hows about this one:
?
That was pretty awesome. ^_^ Love Digeridoo's.
Now what if I told you the whole thing was done purely on synths using no samples? Cuz that blew my mind.

?

Also, what video game consoles do you have?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
I have the same situation with burritos and tacos. There's a local place around me that has the best beef burrito I've ever eaten... Far better than any taco. Other burrito's however, aren't as good as tacos. Taco Bell tacos are delicious.
I'd pick Tacos I think.

Best stuff to put on nachos?
I literally do nothing
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Lutherans?
This is my signature