Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Oh. Man. No offense, but it's kinda weird talking to a homeschooler.

Though yeah, you're right, being a Christian is counter-culture. It used to be part of culture, but I don't think that was true Christianity.

What do you think?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: If it makes you feel better, I will say as Christians, we are the counterculture. :P
Viva la revolution!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Krytae wrote:Oh. Man. No offense, but it's kinda weird talking to a homeschooler.

Though yeah, you're right, being a Christian is counter-culture. It used to be part of culture, but I don't think that was true Christianity.

What do you think?
No offense taken. I get that a lot, actually. Usually followed by "Well, that explains everything". :P

As for that...I'm uncertain. I think it depended on the individual hearts, not the culture as a whole; since culture is the outwelling of the human heart, a "Christian culture" implies that the majority of its dwellers are Christians, and that certainly may have been true in the past. That said, since it's a matter of the heart and a relationship with God, not just doing good stuff, I'm not sure we can know one way or the other, since unfortunately "Christian" is applied by some to mean "people who act humanely".

Certainly, I'd like to believe it was a true relationship with God which caused the outwelling of the heart to form a Christian culture. Sounds nice, no?

BTW, I am a little loopy right now. @_@ I'm starting to get over a sinus infection and not steady on my mental feets.
Sstavix wrote:Viva la revolution!
I'm sorry; I don't speak Mandarin.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I see what you mean.

Also, I left school when I was 16, but I couldn't drop out until I was 18, so I had a bit of homeschooling until I was 18. It was a slow process, and it was a teacher that volunteered to do it. I got around 8 credits in those two years.. which is slow. I got really good grades though from homeschooling.

Does homeschooling cost a lot? Did you have a tutor? or was it self-study?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Where'd you get your brewers yeast?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Cost was a matter of books and various supplies, so I suppose it'd be a matter of how much public school tuition costs. My mom taught me, which was interesting at times.XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Orodrist wrote:Where'd you get your brewers yeast?
Local brewers supply shop.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
What's the difference between comic books and cartoons?

(yes, this is me poking fun at your question in Kwan's thread. Muahuahuahua)

Are you upset at me for doing that? >_>
delve
<cough> Protoss, Zerg, or Terran?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Blue wrote:What's the difference between comic books and cartoons?

(yes, this is me poking fun at your question in Kwan's thread. Muahuahuahua)

Are you upset at me for doing that? >_>
Nah. To be completely honest, I knew the answer; I asked the question to continue with the conversation in the way that seemed best to me.

Also, seemed best to double check, since people change things like that frequently.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
delve wrote:<cough> Protoss, Zerg, or Terran?
Mmm...tough one. To be honest, I've only really played as Terran and Zerg; never got around to finishing the Protoss campaign outside of the first few missions.

I prefer the Terrans, I think. I don't like flood armies, when I can avoid it. I prefer, at least ostensibly, a little more thoughtful strategy before I try to overrun people with a flood of troops. >_>
delve
For me, either Terran or Protoss. Just can't get to grips with the Zerg; early surge just isn't my playstyle. I haven't played in ages though.

You have unlimited funds and access to the best engineers. Which do you explore?
Deep sea or deep space?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
'Toss FTW. >_>

Megadeth?
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
?