Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Now for a more constructive comment (I feel like such an idiot for the previous one) I get what you mean about a non-scary movie that is still a great horror movie.

Take for example the recent version of The Wolfman. It absolutely and completely fails as a scary movie, but the moody atmosphere, the old English landscapes and country mansions, the period dialog, the good acting and convincing special effects make it a pleasure to watch, in my opinion.

Or there are movies like Braindead (known in the States as Dead Alive), by LOTR director Peter Jackson. That's one of the bloodiest and most disgusting movies you'll ever see, but it's all played for laughs and is actually hilarious. The difference between that movie and The Wolfman however, is that The Wolfman is trying to be scary but fails, while Braindead is not trying to be scary and succeeds as a horror comedy.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Harvester wrote:Disregard that previous comment, I was misunderstanding it as Oro explained. I'm sorry Chozon1, I've been having a bad day. My gf was really depressed today and I couldn't cheer her up, now I'm worried that she'll become depressed again just as she's been doing a little better lately. I'm very much worried and close to tears, that's why I couldn't think straight and misread your comment. Forgive me? :oops: :(

Thanks for the explanation Orodrist.
Not sure where you got that from my post...but really, there's nothing to forgive. If anyone is getting blamed for something, it would be me for my terrible syntax and typo. XD Didna see the OG post anyway.

That sentence should have read: "The more of people I learn, the scary fact continues appearing that Americans aren't the only idiots in the world. Seems like most people worship Mammon".

I'm also praying for you and your GF...The (loving) job you're doing isn't an easy one, I know.
Orodrist wrote:Why is it I'm suddenly getting requests to bake for people?
You gave away your delicious muffin cakes for free?
Harvester wrote:Now for a more constructive comment (I feel like such an idiot for the previous one [ Srsly. Don't. :D ]) I get what you mean about a non-scary movie that is still a great horror movie.

Take for example the recent version of The Wolfman. It absolutely and completely fails as a scary movie, but the moody atmosphere, the old English landscapes and country mansions, the period dialog, the good acting and convincing special effects make it a pleasure to watch, in my opinion.

Or there are movies like Braindead (known in the States as Dead Alive), by LOTR director Peter Jackson. That's one of the bloodiest and most disgusting movies you'll ever see, but it's all played for laughs and is actually hilarious. The difference between that movie and The Wolfman however, is that The Wolfman is trying to be scary but fails, while Braindead is not trying to be scary and succeeds as a horror comedy.
OG "The Thing..." is that way, akshually. I actually tend to think of Psycho this way too, or maybe The Uninvited.
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote:Not sure where you got that from my post...but really, there's nothing to forgive. If anyone is getting blamed for something, it would be me for my terrible syntax and typo. XD Didna see the OG post anyway.

That sentence should have read: "The more of people I learn, the scary fact continues appearing that Americans aren't the only idiots in the world. Seems like most people worship Mammon".

I'm also praying for you and your GF...The (loving) job you're doing isn't an easy one, I know.
Thanks dude. The reason I was misreading your comment is because I thought (in my not so clear-headed state) it was referring to the comment about scary movies (because of the word scary) instead of to what Orodrist was saying about Mammon. I thought you were saying that all people who like scary movies are idiots, and then you were talking about non-Americans, so I thought you might have been talking about me because I discussed scary movies with you and am a non-American. Pretty stupid misunderstanding on my part.

Thanks for the prayers. Tomorrow I'm seeing her again. This night of X-Files watching has done me some good, hopefully tomorrow she'll feel a little better or else I hope I'll at least have the energy to do a good job at supporting her.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Emph. Well, that was all me then. Sometimes, I start thinking about something else while I'm typing up my current reply, and my sense-making skills suffer for it. XD Don't feel stupid at all. Unless of course you feel stupid for not being able to understand an incomplete, nonsensical sentence passed off as fully understandable. :D
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Rain?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rain, rain, come again.
Was away our foulest sins.
And if pure water will not work,
rain down gas and strike a spark.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Death defying?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome fun, but in the end...death always makes his claim.

Not as a haunting specter, but a brother. Grinning from ear to ear, if you know his master, weeping the tears of a man forced to do a nightmarish thing, if you denied him.

But typically, fun. :mrgreen:
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Cinnamon on steaks?

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mmm...I haven't tried it, but it sounds interestingly tasty.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
It's awesome, do it.

The honey BBQ chicken from Walmart delis is surprisingly edible?

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Haven't had it. Last time I had Wal-Mart chicken strips that gave me terrible gas. Of course, it was right before a church rafting trip.

Good times. I ate enough mayo to send me down in history.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
...why?

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ask me after you've spent some time in Vegas.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
k, now what?