Summon the Baleful Harbinger

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Beer, wine, mixed drinks or hard liquor?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
At first I was like "o luls Oro is under 21" and then I was like "...Yeeeeeaaaaaaah."

Driving down Sepulveda with the T-top down?
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Yeah I kinda forgot about that. He told us in the other thread about getting hammered so I figured asking him what he likes to drink without thinking about his age. Sorry for the inappropriate question.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Nah dude. It's Oro. He probably knows more of alcoholic beverages (and their flavors) than I. XD
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Yeah, probably :wink:

I'd also like to say that the drinking age in Holland is lower (16 for beer and wine, 18 for hard liquor) so that's also partly why I asked this question without considering Oro's age. And there's a difference between Western European and US drinking culture. Some American Christians here might even be offended by the question of what someone's favorite alcoholic drink is because Americans have a tendency to associate drinking with getting drunk. While in Western Europe there's more of a social drinking culture. Sure, lots of people get drunk here too, but many other people including many Christians drink in moderation because it tastes good and to have a fun time with their friends and family, or to relax after a long day of work.
I remember one of my friends when he went to America he stayed in a Christian youth hostel and he and his friend said: "I'd really like a beer right now" and the other Christians there replied: "What, you guys wanna get drunk?" when they just meant one or two beers in a bar. Slight difference in mentality.

I drink alcohol very regularly but I haven't been drunk in years and years. There are some times when I maybe have one too many (sometimes you feel you can take one more and remain sober, and then when you finish it you realize you shouldn't have) and feel a little light-headed but I don't get drunk anymore.

I just wanted to say that so people don't think I promote getting drunk.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Harvester wrote:Beer, wine, mixed drinks or hard liquor?
Harvester wrote:Yeah I kinda forgot about that. He told us in the other thread about getting hammered so I figured asking him what he likes to drink without thinking about his age. Sorry for the inappropriate question.
Haha, it's cool. Pretty sure the time you were talking about was either me makign a wisecrack about my proximity to Canada or Chozon editing my quote about getting hit hard at the restaurant one night.

That said, I normally just snag the leftover rum from baking, which is like a tablespoon, but there's a pint of mead fermenting somewhere cool and dark in my room and that's technically wine. That said, I'm probably not gonna let that get too far past an estimated 4-5% ABV, which I can do because I'm waaay out in a rural area so getting a hydrometer to determine the alcoholic content is easy

Since mead's technically a wine this isn't bootlegging btw. <_<

I'm inclined to agree with your notes on the difference in the drinking culture between the continents. For me, I've never really been at too much risk of being a drunk, or even getting drunk really, having been around my admittedly alcoholic grandpa all my life. I just don't see the point in wasting perfectly good leftovers, and the mead's a historical experiment, for which I gathered most of the ingredients naturally.

Chozon1 wrote:At first I was like "o luls Oro is under 21" and then I was like "...Yeeeeeaaaaaaah."

Driving down Sepulveda with the T-top down?
You don't scream at the top of your lungs, you scream from the bowels of your lungs.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Haha apparently I misunderstood you. Sometimes I pay close attention to what people write, but other times I don't have much time and I just skim the posts. I believe you said you got slammed at the restaurant which I now realize means you had a busy evening, but when skimming the post I mistook it as meaning you got drunk (slammed can also mean getting drunk).

Anyway, to answer my own question, my order of preference is:
1 beer
2 hard liquor
3 mixed drinks
4 wine
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't drink because I have alcoholism in my pants. I also dislike the taste of beer, and generally don't understand drinking hard liquor. But I have no problems with other peoples drinking.

Manual saws are for frog chumps?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Yes. I hate those XD
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Building a tiny treasure chest, and filling it with 21 golden (the ones that are valued at $1, of course) coins for someone's 21st birthday?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
You have to bury it.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not that close of a friend anymore. Though hiring a hobo to dress as a pirate and hand it off wouldn't be a problem.

A knife that sticks out of the front of your shoe?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Isn't that kinda a lady thing?

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Shup you.

/didn'tthinkthatonethroughbutprobablyoweyouabigthankyousinceyouwarnedmebeforeIevenattemptedtoimplementit

Um...What about a blade like that in Republic Commando, but longer?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
A considerably better idea comraid.