Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Ah Arthur...I haven't watched it in a long time, but it was a good show.

There's a certain macabre enjoyment to losing when it drags a toxic teammate down with you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Yeah. It feels kinda rude...but at the same time, it allows you to passive-aggressively play the "Maybe if you weren't such a doof we might have won" card.

Or maybe I just like Schadenfreude. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I just enjoy the players that rant before the game begins about other people playing badly, then do nothing but die the entire match.

Gives me a warm feeling in my heart. <3

Finishing the third draft of a book?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Something I've yet to do.

In truth...I've found it very hard to focus on writing. I wrote a pretty sad piece on Facebook about it, but the gist is this:

I've always heard that if you can't make money doing what you love, you should make money, and do what you love in the evenings. Having followed that philosophy, I now get to do nothing I love because I'm too tired at the end of the work day. I'm so mentally exhausted I can't write, or even really read. Can't enjoy much of anything except passive entertainment.

In the words of a redditor I found in a thread on this topic:

"There are times I think I would have done something more with my writing if I hadn't spent so much of my life being tired from working mentally draining jobs. Some days I try to get back into it, and nothing comes out of me. It's almost like a phantom limb - I feel like it's still there, but it's just gone."

Which, sadly, sums up my experience of late.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I am sorry amigo. I have no advice...But I know things like that, when lost, can be restored. God is the source of creativity, and He cannot be removed.

But at the same time...despite several attempts, I've never been able to get back into my music. So I do understand.

Sometimes the only solution is copious amounts of pizza?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sometimes, yes. Sometimes it's copious amounts of pasta.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm not a fan of pasta, for the most part. It's not bad...I'd just rather eat pizza. >_>

Manufacturing your own equipment from scrap?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
A fun, if sometimes futile endeavor. By which I mean there are some times where paying for high quality equipment is worth it, and making it yourself is setting yourself up for a world of hurt. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, but you can't beat the price. $15 dollars and possible entering a world of hurt beats $75 and probable ease in my book any day. XD

Dreading the inevitable tedium of mixing concrete?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, I was referring more to mechanical equipment like a band saw or a lathe. Not the sort of thing I'd recommend making yourself unless you're a mechanical engineer AND a machinist. :P

I always dread something tedious. Doesn't matter what it is.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Jack of all trades, master of minor medical aid. >_> Though I usually figure out a way to circumvent the need of a tool rather than spend time trying to invent it.

The exception is various screwdriver heads. I learned the hard way--like a dozen times--that each screw needs its proper bit, and this is a force not to be reckoned with.

Electronic parts burn up rather too easily?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Screwdriver bits really are the kind of thing not to skimp on. Stripped screw heads suuuuucccckkkkkk.

The only instances where I've had issues with electronics burning up is when they were manufactured to crappy standards (The clock capacitor on the original Xbox comes to mind here), or they were built to run on one electrical spec (Like the standard US power grid) and are run on a different spec (Like the European power grid). RIP my friend's 360.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yes. Plus, there's always that one proprietary screw head that HAS to have a proprietary bit. I hate those.

Have you not ever released the magic blue smoke from electronics by pumping too much power through it?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not gotten smoke, but I've made a capacitor pop. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I seem to release the magic blue smoke with alarming frequency.

Being all set to dissemble and repair an engine, then finding out you only needed to tighten a screw to fix the whole problem?