Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
We offered, but they never accepted it. It's just...it's sort of a mild nightmare for me. XD

E3 expectations?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
That sounds like my worst fear, lol.

I don't have many. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but we shall see. Mostly the games I am already interested in I don't want to know too much more about, and the games I'm not interested in, well, I'm not interested in them. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm hoping for free things which will blow my mind.

This is a hope that has pretty much never been met. But hey, it doesn't hurt to hope. :P Some nice sales would be nice too.

Best Elder scrolls entry, with best meaning 'your favorite' and not the largest world or technical superiority, ETC?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm going to go a little bit against the grain here and say Oblivion. It was my first entry in the series (I later got Morrowind, and I have to say, I really hate the travel system in Morrowind. XD), and it resonated with me really strongly. Going back to play Morrowind, I can see definite improvements in quality of life (fast travel, attacks are not movement-bound by default, the skills don't break quite as easily) that Oblivion made. Skyrim, while it is a technically superior game, just didn't innovate on Oblivion all that much IMO. It's still a solid game, but I don't think I could in good conscience call it "my favorite."

That said, I can totally see how Morrowind was mindblowing for the time, just go back and play Elder Scrolls II sometime. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Inverse, humorously for much the same reasons. I hated the fast travel system in Oblivion because it just killed the immersion, and the fact that your skills had to actually accomplish something to cause you to gain in them (lock picking and sneaking, particularly, were terrible, since it meant you had to find tons of low level locks and just randomly creep around behind people. :P ).

Plus, I have never been a fan of the enemies and gear leveling with you. It's more fair...but also less fun.

I'd actually play Daggarfall in a heartbeat if it lacked the nudity. Haven't found a patch for it and haven't had the gumption to craft one for myself.

Logic puzzles or illusion puzzles?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm not going to say that Fast Travel was a perfect system, but it was really nice when I didn't have a ton of time to play in one session. I don't like it when a game wastes my time on something that isn't fun.

Why not both? I like Logic Puzzles, sometimes. I like Illusion Puzzles, sometimes. Sometimes I just want to let my mind rest. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It was a forced decision for me to explore the world of Oblivion, though. Morrowind it came naturally, because you have to walk a lot. I found a lot of good equipment that way. XD

Would it be in bad taste to stuff your pocket full of pizza when leaving a buffet?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yes, but that's not the real worry there. The real worry is getting grease all over yourself when it inevitably seeps through your pocket. Just imagine being stopped on the way out because you've got grease running down your leg, leaving a giant stain on your clothes. Ewwww.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I actually shuddered. And I love pizza grease. I could probably drink the stuff if it was warmed up. But that's just nasty.

Dragon Quest?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I am familiar with it, but have not played any of them. Got too many games on my plate right now. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Which is not a bad problem to have. :P I'm juggling trying to complete the Destiny Age of Triumph with FFVII and Helldivers, which I bought when they were one sale.

Cascading failures?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cascading failures seems to be the order of the day at work these past few weeks. Dependency problems that cause hard crashes, which could be easily resolved if we simply migrated our build tool, but because that would be "too much effort" to do, we have to deal with this. :/
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I would run screaming into the night. :\ I have a serious attitude problem with tolerating inefficiency.

Bad controls ruining otherwise great games?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Controls are pretty much the one area I'm not willing to tolerate badness in. I can tolerate a lot: super cliche/cheesy story, lackluster gameplay, poor art direction, etc. Control is one area that I can't skimp on. If it doesn't feel right, I can't play it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I would be lying if I said my FFVII experience isn't being a bit tarnished by the PC controls. All the minigames and action sequences are nightmares. XD I'm debating whether or not I want to try and hook up my controller and see if I can get it working.

Tokyo Xanadu?