Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
If you mean the application (The one that's in a Humble Bundle right now), I know very little about it. I know some good games have been made with it, but I don't know anything else about it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Exactly. It's an older edition (1.4, and the newest is 2.0), but $15 for the program itself and publishing access to android/iOS isn't bad. I'm weighing whether or not it's worth it to buy an old edition though, since it's going to stop being supported next year, and I don't like the idea of having a game crafted in an engine that is so rigid, and no longer being supported.

But it might be worth getting the $1 pack just to play around and learn with.

Why is wedding food so terrible?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah. I saw that and I went "....ehh." I'll take trying to learn something more flexible like Unreal Engine or Unity. XD

In my experience wedding food is only terrible in one of two circumstances:

1. The couple in question doesn't want to have to take loans for their wedding, so they skimp on the food to make the money go further in other areas. I understand this reason, but I would almost prefer them to tell people to bring their own food. XD

2. The couple has terrible taste in food. I've only seen this happen once, thankfully, but it does happen. lol.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I think I would actually enjoy the rigidity? It's more that I know graphical resources and tilesets are readily available. I'm sure stuff like that is there for UE too, but...I'm not a very good visual artist. I can learn the mechanics of a system, and I love creating worlds and stories...but trying to actually bring them to life feels like I'm fingerpainting. >_>

Seems like whenever I have gone to a wedding, the food is not overly cheap...it's just not good. Tortilla roll ups, snack bars. Nasty punch. Just not good food. The budget would have been better off put towards Little Caesers. Though heaven knows, I'd never suggest such a thing. I'd be killed.

Alien Breed?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I mean, there are benefits to the rigidity, and I certainly can't art my way out of a paper bag, but I like the freedom to create cool scenes using other people's assets in 3D. I'm not great at it, but I like it.

Not familiar with that, actually. Is it like Alien Swarm?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't know. I haven't played beans of Alien Swarm. XD But it's a top-down shooter. Actually has more of a Dead Space feel though, with purchasable upgrades and finite ammo (which can also be purchased), and a graveyard ship. Just with aliens instead of undead human alien hybrids. I like it. Can't play more than 45 minutes of it at a time. But I like.

Projector systems?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Projectors are...how do I put this?

A pain in the butt. I hate setting them up. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Speak comfort to me, Jacob! We're considering getting a projector system for outdoor movie watching. XD

There are moments when you want the hero to stop dialogue'ing and just slap the villain silly?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, uh... best of luck! :D

Yeah, there's a time to talk and a time to fight. I do think there are cases where both can dwell on far too long. I can't think of a good example right now...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm trying to figure out how I can get my hero to distract the baddie long enough for the socio-political intrigue to go off without a hitch, without just going into the long dialogue that's going through my head. It's not easy because the hero watches a lot of TV, and it's waaaaaay to easy to come up with situational one-liners.

Books you wish were real just so you could get to know the characters in them?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
There have been several. I would really like to get to know the characters in most of the Star Wars books, for example. Then there are books like Malazan where I don't think I'd like to meet any of the characters, lol.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Weaving your own asian style hat?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
What exactly do you define as an "Asian style hat?" Are we talking one of those conic hats that rice farmers tend to wear?

If so, that could be a fun exercise.

If not, I'mma need a picture. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yes, those. It's interesting, as I've looked into the history of that kinda iconic conical, straw/bamboo/plant material hat, I've found that pretty much every Asian country has one, and they all have about seven different names for them, and that's not even getting into all the various varieties. O_o

Makes finding a weaving pattern fun times. -_- But without it, I can never truly embrace my inner Samurai Jack.

Early game decisions that wreck the end game without really telling you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, so Final Fantasy VIII? :P

I've heard that Final Fantasy VIII severely screws you over if you don't learn the magic draw system, to the point where you will be unable to beat the game because enemies scale with your level. That just does not sit well with me. XD