Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It does actually. O_o

Burritos or hamburgers: The immortal war?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I hate to be the wishy washy one here...but porque no las dos? I love both of them equally, and will happily devour a good burger or good burrito. I don't take sides. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
This is the internet. This is not the place for fairness, open mindedness, or french. -_-

When you can't think of something intelligent, just start spouting gibberish and hope no one calls you for it?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So a fair portion of YouTube comments? :P

I mean I've fallen into that trap before, and there's a fine line between winging something you already kind of know and pulling stuff out of your bum altogether. Some of the former is fine, the latter is rarely fine. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I (unfortunately) have the kind of face where I can get away with pulling things out of my butt. I have to be careful with it, actually, because I tend to say things for humorous effect that get taken seriously. O_o

Pouring all your free time into red-eye, barely functioning gaming?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So you're a future politician then? :P

There comes a point where I just can't game anymore. Usually that point is where I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
There's no need to bandy insults. >_>

Corn dogs?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Corn dogs are devilishly good. I hate that they are so bad for you. Because they rule. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Corn is a veggie. Due to the large amount of fiber, it's considered whole grain. It's literally veggies on a stick. With some pork. You can even use whole grain mustard, which means you are eating two whole grains in one snack. You can't beat it, really.

When you crest the hill and realize the army on the other side is unbeatable?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Those are always fun times. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Monster Hunter: World?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Looks really cool. I want. But I also shouldn't spend money. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
2018. I kind of want to pre-order it though, because the series is one of my favorite. Probably want. Christmas.

Is time relative, or merely our perception of it?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I mean, both, if you think about it.

It's been demonstrated that time very slightly moves slower for people moving at speed versus standing still. Not a huge difference, but noticeable when you compare two previously-synchronized clocks.

On the other hand, you have the fact that time appears to be speeding up as you age. This is purely psychological, and the postulation I've heard is that because a year becomes a progressively smaller fraction of your total life span, it starts to seem smaller and shorter in comparison.

So the answer is...yes, kind of?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've always struggled with that concept, truthfully. For one, it relies on time being an invention of humans, and not a universal constant. In short, it assumes that it's only our perception of time that allows it to exist. Because we can only measure time with instruments and sciences of our own devising, and then say it moves forward/backward based on those instruments. When neither of those assumptions are demonstrable. Or even reliable.

For two, it renders space travel useless. Even in a humanistic worldview, there's no point in exploring space if no one on earth will get to use the knowledge. For all the space traveler knows, by the time they return their information could be useless or technology out dated, or language forgotten. And I want to go to spess. Be a spess mahrine. Maybe eat some martian snow cones.

Why is the couch always heavier to move out than move in? O_o