Ask Amoeba

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Ask Amoeba has been officially defunct, meaning I won't be answering any more questions. Sorry :(

Old post:
Spoiler:

Hello! Welcome to Ask Amoeba- CCGR edition! I will mirror this on my (as of posting this) brand-spankin'-new Tumblr page! (https://zanyamoeba.tumblr.com/) :D

Ask me questions about The Bible, myself, or something silly and random :mrgreen:
Last edited by ZanySauce on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
zanyamoeba asked:
Why do you ask yourself strange questions?
Right now, i’m doing it because I am testing the Ask Me feature to see if it works. You can’t have an Ask Me blog with a broken Ask page, can you?

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Favorite thing to do?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
Starfire11
Best birthday gift you have gotten?
And
Favorite Bible story?
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
JesusIsLord713 on CCGR asks: “Favorite thing to do?”
On a regular basis? I like to play on the Prism Minecraft server of course! It’s kinda my happy place after a long day of school and homework, y’know?
I also really like to serve The Lord with my friends at church too! I always look forward to when our youth group gets together! However what is scary is that since I am graduating from high school next semester, I’ll be considered an “adult” and I’ll have to “do work”! Thankfully, God will get me through these times, as he has helped me through many hard times in the past!

ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Starfire11 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pm Best birthday gift you have gotten?
The gift I have has the most anticipation for getting that I received a birthday present has to be a copy of Viva Piñata! I got the game on a demo disk that came with my Xbox 360, and I must have played the demo at least twenty times before I finally got the full game for my birthday! In fact, I loved that game to bits so much the disk got a crack it after much use! >.> … XD!

The game is just so mystical, original, spontaneous and zany. I think it helped shape me as a person, the secular parts at least. There are also lots of details I later realized are references to earlier Rare titles such as Banjo-Kazooie, which is also a game I like a lot!
Though I have many great memories of playing that game, going back and playing it again just doesn’t feel the same as back then. I start playing it and then put it down for something else. It goes to show that people’s tastes change, despite nostalgia. All things on this earth are temporary, and all of the hard work everyone puts into building beautiful things will one day be forgotten- a cycle that started at the beginning and will go until the end, as the wise writer of Ecclesiastes wrote in Chapter 1 verse 11:

“We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.“ (NLT)

But I believe it’s not all for nothing to enjoy these material gifts. After all, in the same book it insists several times:

“So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.” (8:15 NLT)

Wow, I did not expect to go into such a tangent, but I suppose it’s God’s gift for me to make spiritual connections to secular things!
Last edited by ZanySauce on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Starfire11 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pm
Favorite Bible story?
That’s a toughy! Hmm, I think I will narrow it down to three:
-Nehemiah Rebuilds the wall around Jerusalem: I love how in this story that God put Nehemiah in just the right place at just the right time for this to happen. Nehemiah was the person who took a sip of the king’s wine first, so if it were poisoned Nehemiah would be the one who died instead of the king. Because these two figures were close, God used them to give leverage to Nehemiah’s plan- the plan to rebuild the wall that surrounded Jerusalem. Despite much opposition from their enemies, many of the citizens of Jerusalem pitched in to rebuild!

-Jonah: This classic Bible story (which was adapted into an awesome VeggieTales movie) has a prophet named Jonah (whose job it is to bring messages from God to the people) go and deliver a message to a place Jonah does not want to go. Jonah does not believe the people of Nineveh deserve God’s mercy, so he runs away in the opposite direction! But God forces Jonah off the ship he is sailing in and is swallowed whole by a large fish. He stays in there long enough for Jonah to repent, and God gives Jonah a second chance. Jonah delivered the message and the people of Ninevah repented. However, Jonah still did not believe the people deserved mercy. Instead, he stood at a distance waiting for God to destroy the city God had already forgiven. I think the way this story ends is interesting, as it does not imply Jonah survives in the desert at the end. Instead, what is important is what the reader gets out of the message.

-Saul repents of his sins: Paul is the writer of a large portion of the New Testament. He wrote letters to his Christian peers, letters which were later included as part of holy scripture. However, Paul at one point in his earthly life was a murderer. He was trying to destroy Christianity however he could in an attempt to preserve Judaism and please God. However, this is not what God wanted at all. God didn’t like it so much, Jesus himself (who at this point has already ascended to heaven) appeared to Saul not in a vision, but in person. Jesus blinded Saul until he repented and accepted Jesus. As a result, Saul became Paul and became who might be the most influential Christian to ever have lived!

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
The socio-political ramifications of solving more of our political problems with gladiatorial combat using giant foam ear swabs?
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
So MANY ASK ____s! This is hard to ask so many people's...

Favorite and worst favorite memory on prism?
Jaredk105
What do you like most about video games?
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Why isn't this post working? It looks workable to me...
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Can I just ask one more question...? Please?