Ask Kwan

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Kwan
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:13 am I have, and I would actually call the series amazing. Steve Rzasa manages to paint a picture of a dark, troubled Sc-Fi future where Christianity is mocked and persecuted...without it being a hopeless, emo one that goes the cliche Christian path of ending in the apocalypse. :lol: His characters are believable and human, his universe is realistic and futuristic all at once, and story itself is just incredibly good.

Really, no complaints. It's some of the best speculative fiction on the market now, I think. Let alone Christian speculative fiction. He's one of my favorite authors, granted, but it's just a good book. Your mileage may vary though. XD

Little Caesars?

Wow, I'm intrigued! Too bad my library system doesn't have any of his works. :(

Little Caesars is great; I've never understood why people diss it. Sure, it may not be fancy, but the price is nice and it pizza! What's not to like?
Comotto
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:10 am Soda is good for your metaphysicals and artificial flavorings have been around since the 50's; salt is a chemical as necessary to the body as water, and as long as you are not predisposed to--or suffering from--hypertension your kidneys will flush the excess without issue; Stevia has only been in mainstream use for a few decades so literally no one knows what its side effects are despite 'health' proponents championing it, and diet soda tastes like distilled garbage liquid anyway.

The Word Reclaimed?
Dear Dr Cho, :-)
Overconsumption of salt / sodium
The terms salt and sodium often are used interchangeably, but sodium actually is an ingredient of table salt, which also contains chloride and iodine. Many foods, such as those that come from salt water like sea vegetables and seafood, contain significant amounts of sodium. The most common dietary sources of sodium are processed food and added table salt. Excessive salt intake can cause a range of side effects, including inflammation and high blood pressure.
Stevia may offer several health benefits. It doesn’t trigger an insulin response and so can be used as a sweetener by diabetics. Also, its natural, low-calorie sweetness may help reduce Americans' unhealthy, weight-inducing dependence on sugar, fructose, corn syrup and other high-calorie sweeteners (lead by overconsumption of soda in the USA). Stevia does not cause cavities. Used for centuries in South America. - Livestrong.com

CARZ
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Kwan wrote:Wow, I'm intrigued! Too bad my library system doesn't have any of his works. :(

Little Caesars is great; I've never understood why people diss it. Sure, it may not be fancy, but the price is nice and it pizza! What's not to like?
He's good authors. His first book used to be free on Amazon, and I am not sure when that changed.

Little Caesars is actually my favorite pizza place. I love their cheese blend and price. <3

When you should be sleeping, but you're playing a game instead?
Comotto wrote:Dear Dr Cho, :-)
Overconsumption of salt / sodium
The terms salt and sodium often are used interchangeably, but sodium actually is an ingredient of table salt, which also contains chloride and iodine. Many foods, such as those that come from salt water like sea vegetables and seafood, contain significant amounts of sodium. The most common dietary sources of sodium are processed food and added table salt. Excessive salt intake can cause a range of side effects, including inflammation and high blood pressure.
Stevia may offer several health benefits. It doesn’t trigger an insulin response and so can be used as a sweetener by diabetics. Also, its natural, low-calorie sweetness may help reduce Americans' unhealthy, weight-inducing dependence on sugar, fructose, corn syrup and other high-calorie sweeteners (lead by overconsumption of soda in the USA). Stevia does not cause cavities. Used for centuries in South America. - Livestrong.com

CARZ
I already knew the salt/sodium thing, but I'm not sure how it is relevant to our conversation. I'm pretty confident that all sodium we consume is sodium chloride, which isn't just table salt but all salt: kosher, sea, Himalayan, ETC. They have various other trace chemicals, but sodium chloride...is salt.

Excessive salt intake is bad, sure...but it won't kill you if you drink enough to flush it out of your system. What I said stands. As long as you don't suffer from hypertension already or a predisposition to it, your kidneys have your back. By the by, high blood pressure and hypertension are not the same things. Hypertension is persistent HBP, and it's a problem. HBP...not so much. Your blood pressure raises when you pick up something heavy or laugh hard.

I use Stevia all the time, and I am very aware of its touted health effects. But here's the thing: stevia not only doesn't taste like sugar--so it won't reduce anyone's 'dependence' on sugar--tobacco and coca leaves have also been used for centuries in their native habitats. Long term usage does not equate to healthy, especially considering the vast gulf between eating a plant and using something that has been processed in a factory.

Now...if you want to continue this, that's OK. But we need to do it in my thread, and not poor Kwan's, who has put up with a thread jack long enough. XD
Kwan
Now...if you want to continue this, that's OK. But we need to do it in my thread, and not poor Kwan's, who has put up with a thread jack long enough. XD

Thanks! :wink:

When you should be sleeping, but you're playing a game instead?

Been a while, but it's happened. It's a great feeling getting that immersed in a game, but the following day can be a struggle. More often it's YouTube that sucks up my time nowadays. One does not simply go on YouTube and watch only one video.
Stoney426
Noob
Noob
Favorite food?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I don't usually surf youtube...but I do watch a lot of Miniwargaming though. Hmm...

MOBA's?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:46 am I don't usually surf youtube...but I do watch a lot of Miniwargaming though. Hmm...

MOBA's?

The only MOBA I've ever really gotten into was Awesomenauts. It's a lot less serious than traditional MOBAs, with shorter games, lower difficulty curve, less toxic community, awesome platforming, and a cast of wacky characters. It recently went free to play, so now's a good time to check it out if your're interested. I don't think they added any P2W elements, but it's been a while since I've played it. Hopefully they've improved the terrible matchmaking by now, instead of just churning out cosmetic DLC.
Kwan
Stoney426 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:15 am Favorite food?

I don't know if I'll ever settle on a favorite, but pasta is strong competitor.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm a pretty big fan of Paragon, because it's on PS4 and I can actually play it, but I've always wanted to try Awesomenauts. And now it is free. <3

Awesome moments in video games you wished had been recorded?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 am I'm a pretty big fan of Paragon, because it's on PS4 and I can actually play it, but I've always wanted to try Awesomenauts. And now it is free. <3

Awesome moments in video games you wished had been recorded?
All the time! Just Cause 2 probably had the most of them. Some crazy stuff you can do! Awesomenauts also had a few when I was a regular. Getting a triple kill was one of my proudest gaming moments.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I love those moments. <3

Feeling bad when you're owning someone in a game?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:54 am I love those moments. <3

Feeling bad when you're owning someone in a game?

I played Ace of Spades a while back, ended up getting pretty good. My favorite character was the sniper and I'd hide out behind the enemy spawn mowing down everyone in sight. Sure, it was a lot of fun and putme at the top of the leaderboards, but I could tell some players were getting seriously annoyed. Oh well. . . :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
There was one guy in a match of Destiny that, for whatever reason, seemed to be my punching bag. And I'm not that good. Just seemed to own him the whole match. I kinda felt bad, because I've been on the other side of that, and I know it's frustrating. XD

Miso soup?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:07 am There was one guy in a match of Destiny that, for whatever reason, seemed to be my punching bag. And I'm not that good. Just seemed to own him the whole match. I kinda felt bad, because I've been on the other side of that, and I know it's frustrating. XD

Miso soup?
Been there in TF2. I'm not very good, but somehow whenever I manage to get a kill, it's always the same guy.

I don't recall ever having miso soup, but I can imagine it would go well on a cold day. I know there are a ton of ways to prepare it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Some days you are Rocky...sometimes, you are that random Russian guy that Rocky beats.

Discovering new bands?