Ask the Heathen Part 33 1/3

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Could be because I've been out of the scene for the last while, but I haven't really seen much of this "competition" of which you speak. Ninty is off making games from franchises I grew up with, and experimenting with odd ways to play them...and not much else. Sony and M$ are basically copying each other, then saying "BAM! LOOK AT MAH NEW TECHS".

Except I like Sony better than Microsoft at the moment because of the software licensing stuff. But that's just bitter old me.

Chugging eggnog should be a year round thing, rather than a single night?
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I used to be a huge fan of Nintendo. They kind of lost me with the last generation of consoles. I loved the Wii when it came out. I didn't even mind that it was less powerful than the Xbox 360 and the PS3, because their games were creative and fun. But then after a couple of years they stopped putting out decent games and put out mostly shovelware garbage games. When you did get a good game it was really good (loooooved Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example), but I need more than one decent game a year. So I'm not keen on giving them more money any time soon. (For the record, I still dig their handheld stuff.)

Now, I know people with a Wii U who really enjoy it, but I haven't been so much into games lately, and I'm still trying to catch up on my PS3 backlog. So it might be awhile before I buy another Ninty console.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Oddly, same here. I recently acquired a PS3 and have been trying to build up my library. Any recommendations?

Still, I would like a Wii U. Just to get current.

There's such a thing as too much garlic?
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Chozon1 wrote:Oddly, same here. I recently acquired a PS3 and have been trying to build up my library. Any recommendations?

Still, I would like a Wii U. Just to get current.

There's such a thing as too much garlic?
I LOOOOOOOVED The Last of Us. The reboot of Tomb Raider was great too. The Uncharted games are a lot of fun. The God of War series is good if you like mindless hacking and slashing (great stress relief!) but the nudity and violence is very gratuitous.

And I'm inclined to say "no" regarding the garlic, but I tend to be pretty conservative with seasoning when I'm cooking.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh yes. I played Uncharted and genuinely regretted not playing them sooner. I was actually disappointed when I finished the third one, since I didn't have access to any more.

Ever eaten Mantou?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Chozon1 wrote:Could be because I've been out of the scene for the last while, but I haven't really seen much of this "competition" of which you speak. Ninty is off making games from franchises I grew up with, and experimenting with odd ways to play them...and not much else. Sony and M$ are basically copying each other, then saying "BAM! LOOK AT MAH NEW TECHS".
I'll just jump in and say that even PC gaming isn't exempt from this lack of competition. Indie games are saturating Steam to the point of apathy for me. I used to think "Oh, that looks interesting!" Now I'm seeing the same game done for the nine thousandth time. Ugh.

And to kind of jump off the competition thing, I wouldn't mind seeing Sony and M$ combine their consoles, and allow other hardware manufacturers to supply supplemental cards. So imagine if you've got an PlayBox, and a new GPU comes out. NVIDIA/AMD can release a consolized version which you can buy for purely optional aesthetic upgrades. Think running games on Low vs Ultra on PC. Might even allow you to run versions of the next generation games on your old system.

Of course at that point, you've basically built a Sony/M$ branded Steam Machine, and you may as well go full PC.

But I digress. :P

Sorry for threadjack!

Which cities do you want to visit the most?