Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I can dig graphic novels.

I plowed through Watchmen, I loved the Bone series, I'm picking up V for Vendetta today. I love a good graphic novel.

Any reccomendations?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:I
Any reccomendations?
One series that I loved when I was younger was ElfQuest. Very well-written. There are a couple of questionable scenes in the fourth volume, but otherwise, pretty solid. I believe they're all posted online now.

Maus was good as well, but depressing. Read it with caution, if you like.

If you enjoy superhero stories, any X-Men compilations written by Chris Claremont are pretty good, as well as The Tick. Frank Miller is widely celebrated, but his stuff is pretty dark, too.

Ooh, I just remembered that the Dreamland Chronicles are being published in graphic novel format! If you haven't read it on-line, then this is a great way to read this excellent fantasy series.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Morrowind?
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thoughts on Linux?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Morrowind?
Great game. Especially with add-ons. I wish I knew where I put my copy - I've never finished the main quest.
ScotchRobbins wrote:Thoughts on Linux?
I find it intriguing, but complex. I wouldn't even know where to begin. That makes me feel old....
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Have you seen the Hobbit? If so what did you think of it?
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Best part about the main quest was the sweet items you got at the final sequence. Cursed, though. Which added to the mystique.

Like or dislike: Oblivion/Skyrims leveling mechanics?
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
White Winter or Hot Summer?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
mebmatt wrote:Have you seen the Hobbit? If so what did you think of it?
I haven't seen the new version in theaters yet. As for the Rankin/Bass version from 1977... I've seen it once. That was enough.
Chozon1 wrote:Like or dislike: Oblivion/Skyrims leveling mechanics?
I've never played Skyrim and I've only played Oblivion once when visiting a friend. So I haven't had enough experience with it to make an informed decision. If it's anything like the Morrowind system (and I've heard that it is similar), in which you gain levels by practicing skills, rather than killing X amount of beasties and/or completing Y amount of quests in order to earn Z amount of experience points, I'm sure I'd like it. It's one of the things I enjoyed the most about Morrowind - that it was different from the traditional RPG leveling format.
ScotchRobbins wrote:White Winter or Hot Summer?
White winter, definitely. I used to downhill ski a lot, and I'd like to learn how to cross-country ski. Most lizards hibernate when it gets cold. I slap on my boots and grab a scarf.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's similar in those respects, but in Oblivion all the loot/enemies are level controlled. Meaning, you'll never find a glass sword in some far away really tough dungeon; you have to be at a high enough level to find it. :roll: I kind of despise it. I'm level 9, and just now finding basic chain mail. Also, you may gain a level and find yourself being decimated by some random enemy who just started appearing. XD

How was your Christmas?
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Dubstep?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: How was your Christmas?
Aside from my two-year-old son breaking his arm and us spending way too much money (and I still didn't get my new computer, like I had hoped)? It was all right. I may not have got my computer, but I did get caught up on all the bills, paid off my wife's student loans (finally!) and the kids got what they wanted. :)
ScotchRobbins wrote:Dubstep?
Is that like a double-click?

(looks it up)

Ah, it's a musical thingy. I don't recognize any of the artists' names, but since it looks like some variation of hip-hop, I'll probably be unimpressed.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Eesh. Is your son OK?

I mean, broken arm ain't fun. But it's not a serious break or anything?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Not serious enough to require a cast or pins, fortunately. It seems to be healing nicely (and the doctor complimented my wife, saying that he must be having a good diet at home since he is so healthy and recovering quickly), but the orthopedist wants to see him in a couple of weeks to make sure everything is still healing OK. In the meantime we need to have him exercise his wrists and thumbs - a sort of physical therapy, as it were.

Which is probably good. If his thumbs locked up, then he couldn't really play video games. How would he grow up to be like his father, then? :wink:
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
You really won't be impressed with dubstep.

Wish your soon a "get well" from me, okay? Lotta people I know are breaking bones lately.