Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
delve wrote:Why not brass?
There's just something harsh about them that I don't like. Trumpets or horns... most of them sound more obnoxious to me than pleasant or soothing. Needless to say, brass bands and marching bands don't appeal to me much.
delve
They're definitely a less mellow tone than most woodwinds. Not an audiophile though :)

What about when incorporated into a full orchestra, as opposed to solo parts?
Emwok
CCGR addict
Is the brass section too harsh in Dragonborn?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
delve wrote:They're definitely a less mellow tone than most woodwinds. Not an audiophile though :)

What about when incorporated into a full orchestra, as opposed to solo parts?
In those cases it can work. But then, in those cases, it's not usually the instruments at the forefront.
Emwok wrote:Is the brass section too harsh in Dragonborn?
I haven't played it. I'm hoping to someday, though....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Freedom carries its own chains?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Freedom carries its own chains?
I don't know what those chains would be.

However, it's important to note that with freedom comes responsibility. We may be free to make our own decisions... but we alone are responsible for the outcomes of those decisions. If there are any chains associated with freedom, they are the ones that we forge ourselves.
Emwok
CCGR addict
That's deep.

Which is a worse grammar no-no: all caps or overuse of punctuation?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:That's deep.
It's a subject that's been on my mind a lot lately, especially with the current administration in this nation. Especially with the spying aspect that's been in the media. I came across an interesting article a while ago where some of the German politicians call Obama out on this. Basically saying "we did something similar a few decades ago. It did not end well."
Which is a worse grammar no-no: all caps or overuse of punctuation?
Depends on the medium. Given that words in all caps are usually indicative of shouting, it can be acceptable in some cases. As for the overuse of punctuation, well, it really depends on the sentence structure. If it it still grammatically correct, then it could be tolerable.

Certainly better than the underuse of punctuation where someone writes really long sentences and goes on and on and on without really saying anything but they continue to write a sentence without any punctuation for the sole purpose of proving that something so silly can be accomplished within a short amount of time.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Interesting.

Have you ever been to Dallas?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Interesting.

Have you ever been to Dallas?
Sadly, the furthest south - and east - I've ever traveled has been Yellowstone National Park. I'd like to travel more - especially to Scotland! But I haven't had the time and money yet....
Emwok
CCGR addict
I've never gone farther north than North Carolina and any farther west than New Mexico.

The Flash?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:I've never gone farther north than North Carolina and any farther west than New Mexico.
So what you're saying is that we've never been seen in the same location together.... Hmm....
Emwok wrote:The Flash?
Not to be confused with The Streak....

I kind of like the Flash simply because he has the main superpower I wish I had - super speed. But since I'm more of a Marvel guy than a DC fan, I prefer Quicksilver.
Emwok
CCGR addict
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that doesn't happen irl. 0_0

Your thoughts on the BSA's (Boy Scouts of America) decision?
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I suppose it's too much to ask for to become a Viking hermit on some lonely island in the arctic circle?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote: Your thoughts on the BSA's (Boy Scouts of America) decision?
I think it's a mistake on their part. I know that I won't push my son to get involved in the Boy Scouts because of this decision, and I'm sure other families likely share the same decision. Not because we're afraid that something will happen to my kid if he's in the Scouts, but because, by the time he's old enough, they may be teaching lessons and ideals that disagree with our Christian principles. We've seen something similar happening in the Girl Scouts, after all....
Chozon1 wrote:I suppose it's too much to ask for to become a Viking hermit on some lonely island in the arctic circle?
For a moment, I read that as a "Viking helmet" and wondered why anyone would want such an odd request....

If you were a hermit, and not out there looting and plundering on the open seas, could you really be called a true Viking?