Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 am Really? I know it's a big city, and they're nasty...but you just said there's no choice between beans and pizza. I can't agree.
Pizza? Dude, Chicago-style deep dish will beat the New York "sauce on a cracker" any day. ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Granted. Agreed.

But sauce on a cracker is still better than dirty beans. Plus, NY has some nice specialty aged meats in the pepperoni/salami family that are amazing on pizza. Or so I have heard.

Have you tried OpenMW for your Morrowind needs?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am Granted. Agreed.

But sauce on a cracker is still better than dirty beans. Plus, NY has some nice specialty aged meats in the pepperoni/salami family that are amazing on pizza. Or so I have heard.
I don't know... I've had some pretty tasty barbecue beans in the past. Definitely a standard part of summer fare - grilled hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans.

Darn it, I'm getting hungry now.
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am Have you tried OpenMW for your Morrowind needs?
I don't think I've ever heard of it! I will have to look it up.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I am of fan of beans. There are no beans that out rate pizza. Unless, perhaps, it was a frozen pizza versus pizza-flavored beans. >_>

OpenMW is, from what I understand, a rebuild of the Morrowind engine that makes it more flexible, run better on newer machines, and fixes a lot of glitches and issues. It's what I use to play it, and it seems to work great. You can adjust the draw distance and stuff, and it's got some tools built in that allow you progress/regress quests and replace inevitably missing items. Features which make the game playable. Though I never played the straight download, so the PC version may already have that built in. Either way, it's good stuff.

Jury duty?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 am Jury duty?
Funny story about that.... I have only been summoned for jury duty once. However, it was from my hometown... three years after I moved to Idaho! Since I was no longer a resident of the county - not to mention the state - I was ineligible to serve. I think tey must have updated their records, because I haven't heard from them since....
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Have you every accidentally put pizza sauce on pasta, or accidentally put pasta sauce on pizza? Or on purpose? :shock:
Starfire11
^Are you telling me they’re not the same thing?!? :shock:

Favorite thing about your house?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I got summoned and chosen for Jury today. -_- Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, as the people settled after lunch.

Why is our justice system so...obfuscating?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZanySauce wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm Have you every accidentally put pizza sauce on pasta, or accidentally put pasta sauce on pizza? Or on purpose? :shock:
Pizza is the chance to be experimental, especially with sauces. You can't go wrong with a good marinara, of course (which also works well on pasta), but try out barbecue sauces and creamy sauces as well. Or if you want a dessert pizza, go for peanut butter or jam. Or both!
Starfire11 wrote: Favorite thing about your house?
Probably... the bed. I like to sleep.
Chozon1 wrote: Why is our justice system so...obfuscating?
To be honest, I think it's because there are too many lawyers messing everything up and making things unnecessarily complicated. It has gotten to the point where you need to be a lawyer to make sense of it... or you have to hire one. I believe that this was deliberate. Frankly, I think that the laws need to be simplified (if it takes more than ten pages, it should be immediately repealed) and people be encouraged and allowed to represent themselves more often.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It was frightening. The defendant was a lawyer on her own, and clearly had a much higher budget when it came to hiring a lawyer than the plaintiff. The man had the looks and fashion sense of Paul Hollywood, and owned oration skills that would make a pastor jealous. The cheaper lawyer did his best, but Graysuit was frighteningly good at manipulating a crowd. Eye contact, personal engagement, congenial disposition, creating miniature scenes--he made a deliberate point of getting an elderly woman some water, but after filling the cup he handed it to a 'non affiliated party' so as to avoid a situation which 'might unduly sway the potential jurors by personal contact'. She made it into the final pool...all used to cleverly bend the jury to his point of view.

The judge said 'the evidence is the only thing that matters. Base your judgment on that. Don't let the discourse of the lawyers sway your opinion'. Well, if that's true, why are they there? Why are they allowed to make emotional pleas before and after the evidence is presented? They aren't aiming for truth, they just want to sway the jury in their clients favor. That is their purpose entirely. Evidence bedimmed.

Yeesh. Sorry for the rant, but it was legitimately scary.

Cake for breakfast?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 am It was frightening. The defendant was a lawyer on her own, and clearly had a much higher budget when it came to hiring a lawyer than the plaintiff. The man had the looks and fashion sense of Paul Hollywood, and owned oration skills that would make a pastor jealous. The cheaper lawyer did his best, but Graysuit was frighteningly good at manipulating a crowd. Eye contact, personal engagement, congenial disposition, creating miniature scenes--he made a deliberate point of getting an elderly woman some water, but after filling the cup he handed it to a 'non affiliated party' so as to avoid a situation which 'might unduly sway the potential jurors by personal contact'. She made it into the final pool...all used to cleverly bend the jury to his point of view.

The judge said 'the evidence is the only thing that matters. Base your judgment on that. Don't let the discourse of the lawyers sway your opinion'. Well, if that's true, why are they there? Why are they allowed to make emotional pleas before and after the evidence is presented? They aren't aiming for truth, they just want to sway the jury in their clients favor. That is their purpose entirely. Evidence bedimmed.
Too true. Lawyers are there to collect a huge paycheck and to hide or mislead facts in order to win over their audience. True justice can only be done by looking at the facts and rejecting irrational, emotional appeals. Sadly, it seems like irrational emotions have trounced logic in today's society (case in point, math is considered "racist" and biology a "transphobic" science. :roll: )
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 am
Cake for breakfast?
Why not? They have eggs, flour, milk... not too much different from breakfast cereal, really. Maybe even better!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'ma ignore that, lest I lose all goodwill for my fellow persons.

What are your thoughts on the Humble Extra Life bundle, from the perspective of someone who mainly wants the Pathfinder ruleset?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:18 am I'ma ignore that, lest I lose all goodwill for my fellow persons.
I lost a good portion of that a long, long time ago. There are many reasons why I'm a reclusive introvert.
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:18 am What are your thoughts on the Humble Extra Life bundle, from the perspective of someone who mainly wants the Pathfinder ruleset?
It isn't that different from the fist Pathfinder bundle they offered, and that had some really fantastic books. The addition of the scenarios is excellent as well, since you'll be able to start with some adventures to run some victims - I mean, fellow players through. The video games in the bundle (especially Guacamelee) is just icing on the cake. If you haven't picked up these books earlier, I recommend it. If you already have most of these, there isn't much reason to get it again.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I actually don't have any of them. I was excited to see the bundle almost return again. XD

What are some differences between D&D and Pathfinder, broadly?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 am I actually don't have any of them. I was excited to see the bundle almost return again. XD

What are some differences between D&D and Pathfinder, broadly?
Pathfinder is closely based on the open source D&D 3.5 rules, but they cleaned up portions of it to make them more precise. For example, you don't have to wrestle with mathematics to understand the rules of wrestling. ;) But what really got me intrigued was the campaign setting. Take a look at the Inner Sea World Guide, and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's a nation that is pretty much open frontier and colonial, there's one that is going through a revolutionary war with a similar background as the U.S., a "nation" that is the site of an alien crash landing and now mechanical lifeforms are spreading from the site, a region that is under the affect of a constant hurricane that remains stationary off the coast, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. To top it off, there are ruins of an ancient, world-spanning empire everywhere along the continent, from an advanced civilization that mysteriously disappeared hundreds of years ago. This expansive setting literally has something for everyone, and Paizo offers a few free adventures on top of that, for people to get a taste of what can be found (including a trio of adventures where the players adopt the roles of goblins!) A clever DM can keep their players entertained in the Pathfinder setting for years to come.