Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
A dream world. <3 So is the wedgie scenario, I guess. The problem I am currently having is not getting people to shut up; it's getting people to talk to us in the first place. And it's hard not to be offended at what is just blatant rudeness. The further frustrating part is that...my mom is the conduit. If it were me, I would just tell said persons to eat dookie and go about my merry way. She is a much kinder person than I. XD

Rudolph TRNR was a surprisingly bold movie for its time?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 amThe problem I am currently having is not getting people to shut up; it's getting people to talk to us in the first place.
Why do you want people to talk to you? (Of course, keep in mind my typical response as to why people ask why I never turn on the cell phone. "Because then people call me. And they want to talk.")
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 am Rudolph TRNR was a surprisingly bold movie for its time?
Was it? I don't recall reading anything about that. Why do you think so?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Because they are family, and for whatever reason I'd like to hang out with them. I can't figure out if the feeling is just not mutual (in which case I will back off), or they're just being dramatic (in which case I will be signing several reality cheque's). Yes, it's a legitimately unknown option.

1964 was a time rife with hippies versus not hippies. Rudolph was that odd movie that said it was OK to be a misfit, and your misfit powers could be used to save the world...but not anti-establishment. At a time when you had staunch conservatives declaring 'fit in or be slapped' and stoners saying 'be weird or be slapped' Rudolph walked the line between.

Milkshakes?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 am 1964 was a time rife with hippies versus not hippies.
The more things change, the more they stay the same, right? Only nowadays, the hippies have become the establishment....
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 am Rudolph was that odd movie that said it was OK to be a misfit, and your misfit powers could be used to save the world...but not anti-establishment. At a time when you had staunch conservatives declaring 'fit in or be slapped' and stoners saying 'be weird or be slapped' Rudolph walked the line between.
That's an interesting way to look at it! You should use that as a thesis for a history paper, do research, cite sources, etc. That's the kind of thing that makes term papers fun. ;)
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 am Milkshakes?
My wife makes great milkshakes. But the ice cream we use has a tendency to get hard, which makes it difficult to scoop.

And for some reason it brings boys to the yard. I don't know why....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote: The more things change, the more they stay the same, right? Only nowadays, the hippies have become the establishment....
Perhaps? I find it more that the hippies won, society is now more open and accepting and blah blah blah, and now they have no wars to fight. Thus the 'protest' movement was born. Thus homsexuality is OK. Thus many things.
Sstavix wrote: That's an interesting way to look at it! You should use that as a thesis for a history paper, do research, cite sources, etc. That's the kind of thing that makes term papers fun.
I have no institution to which to submit it. There's also video games, which are much more interesting than examining animated movies with a good message, which are, I think, just meant to be enjoyed and learned from. Not dissected into a bland collegiate ideology.

But thanks. XD

Melee weapons as self defense?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 am
Sstavix wrote: The more things change, the more they stay the same, right? Only nowadays, the hippies have become the establishment....
Perhaps? I find it more that the hippies won, society is now more open and accepting and blah blah blah, and now they have no wars to fight. Thus the 'protest' movement was born. Thus homsexuality is OK. Thus many things.
Thus the continuing decline of a moral society. However, I have a feeling that this is due less to a desire for freedom, and more the root sources of some of these so-called "freedom" movements. Namely the Communist Manifesto and the writings of Saul Alinsky (both highly anti-religious, and Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" even states that it was inspired by Satan!)
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 am Melee weapons as self defense?
I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, that's why I typically pack two knives in my computer bag.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote:Thus the continuing decline of a moral society. However, I have a feeling that this is due less to a desire for freedom, and more the root sources of some of these so-called "freedom" movements. Namely the Communist Manifesto and the writings of Saul Alinsky (both highly anti-religious, and Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" even states that it was inspired by Satan!)
Spooky thoughts. Myself, I think it's because...they've won all the wars, and now they don't know what to do. So they manufacture a battle, build it into a glorious cause, and then rabidly fight for it.

But today I am tired of drama. So I will ignore them all. >_>

Cinnamon roll flavored soda?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am
Sstavix wrote:Thus the continuing decline of a moral society. However, I have a feeling that this is due less to a desire for freedom, and more the root sources of some of these so-called "freedom" movements. Namely the Communist Manifesto and the writings of Saul Alinsky (both highly anti-religious, and Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" even states that it was inspired by Satan!)
Spooky thoughts. Myself, I think it's because...they've won all the wars, and now they don't know what to do. So they manufacture a battle, build it into a glorious cause, and then rabidly fight for it.

But today I am tired of drama. So I will ignore them all. >_>
An interesting tactic... until you realize that's what they want. It is similar to a child stealing cookies from the cookie jar - he wants to be ignored, too! Remember that one phrase that says something like "the easiest way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?" They're counting on that.
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 am Cinnamon roll flavored soda?
... why? Recently, Pepsi released a salted caramel Pepsi, and that sounds just as repulsive. I don't see how these kinds of things could possibly work....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote:An interesting tactic... until you realize that's what they want. It is similar to a child stealing cookies from the cookie jar - he wants to be ignored, too! Remember that one phrase that says something like "the easiest way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?" They're counting on that.
Meh. You are right, of course--but it's Christmas, and I have enough family drama to deal with to try and fix the planet too.

New Years. I will start fighting again come New Years.
Sstavix wrote: ... why? Recently, Pepsi released a salted caramel Pepsi, and that sounds just as repulsive. I don't see how these kinds of things could possibly work....
I want to try that. XD the Cinnamon Pepsi was really good. Cinnamon bun soda...jury is out. It had a buttery flavor, and I'm not sure that should be allowed in a soft drink.

Dungeon exploring boardgames?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am
Sstavix wrote: ... why? Recently, Pepsi released a salted caramel Pepsi, and that sounds just as repulsive. I don't see how these kinds of things could possibly work....
I want to try that. XD the Cinnamon Pepsi was really good. Cinnamon bun soda...jury is out. It had a buttery flavor, and I'm not sure that should be allowed in a soft drink.
Was that the Pepsi Fire that they released last summer? If so, that soda was NOT good. :sick: I don't think anyone in my household enjoyed it!
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am Dungeon exploring boardgames?
They can be entertaining! I have one that basically serves as a sort of "D&D Lite." The challenge is finding the time to play them....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I loved that stuff. XD Spicy.

Custard or ice cream?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 am Custard or ice cream?
Ice cream, of course! Although lately I've been wondering what gelato was like....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
From what I understand of the two compositions, they are similar. Both have less air whipped into the mix making for finer ice crystals...but I don't know, as I've never had real gelato.

Chestnuts?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I don't believe I have ever eaten them. In fact, the only time I hear about the things is in Christmas songs....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We've had them before, and they were kind of terrible. I think we did them wrong. XD I'm hoping to get some more this year, fulfill the Christmas tradition.

Exterior Christmas lighting: color, or all white?

Also, Prisoner Zero has a gay couple in it. Not sure if you were going to watch it or not, or if that bothers you. But I make a habit of warning my conservative compadres when I recommend a kids TV show with gay characters.