Everyone has a question thread so why not me!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Do your worst!
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
This is meant to be in the ask the members forum. Can a moderator please move it?
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Pretty original start. Bet you feel silly now eh? ;) Play any video games?
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Currently I've been playing older games on the virtual console. Mostly focusing on Mario 64. Also trying my hand at Gradius 3 and Mega Man 2.
Brokan Mok

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'll start big. If I remember correctly, you're an atheist of some sorts. Now, I have great respect for atheists who join these boards and conduct themselves very respectable manners, but I never quite understood why.

So why are you here? (tried framing the question so it doesn't sound hostile, but if I didn't quite work, don't leave. :P You're a valuable member of this forum)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ArchAngel wrote: So why are you here?
He might be seeking truth, not sure where I'm getting that from but, call it a hunch.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I don't think I've stated my beliefs clearly. Sometimes I say I believe something sarcastically, and sometimes I play devil's advocate without saying so. My beliefs have also changed over the course of being here. Realize that I've came here as a teenager, went through a know-it-all college student phase, and now I hope I'm a little mature. So forgive me if I've been deceptive or anything like that.

My family is Greek Orthodox but you have to go up several generations (at least to my great grandparents) to find someone who actually believes in the literal doctrines of the church. I was recently baptized Greek Orthodox in my twenties out of a desire for a deeper connection to my family roots. I do believe in many of the moral teachings of Jesus. I know that under the Evangelical definition of Christianity that pervades this board, that is not sufficient for me to be a real Christian. Sometimes I'm in a mood where I personally consider it sufficient to self-identify as Christian, particularly when I see self-described "real" Christians acting contrary to what Jesus taught.

I do not believe in anything supernatural because there is negligible evidence that such a thing exists. I acknowledge the possibility that I am wrong. I do not know whether that makes me an atheist or an agnostic. I'm agnostic about the existence of the supernatural to the same extent that I'm agnostic about my toaster being conscious.

So I guess I am an atheist/agnostic who self-identifies as Christian in certain circumstances.

To answer your question, I find Evangelical Christianity anthropologically fascinating and for whatever reason debating with its adherents is intellectually exciting. I'm also an avid gamer (less so now than when I first came here because I've gone through a poor and busy phase). So I found myself here naturally. I started posting and even writing reviews (because I found writing reviews based on criteria that I might not necessarily agree with challenging and fun). After all of that I developed an attachment to the community.

I think the major voices in this forum are more diverse than they once were, which is cool too.
Brokan Mok

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Truthseeker wrote:I don't think I've stated my beliefs clearly. Sometimes I say I believe something sarcastically, and sometimes I play devil's advocate without saying so. My beliefs have also changed over the course of being here. Realize that I've came here as a teenager, went through a know-it-all college student phase, and now I hope I'm a little mature. So forgive me if I've been deceptive or anything like that.

My family is Greek Orthodox but you have to go up several generations (at least to my great grandparents) to find someone who actually believes in the literal doctrines of the church. I was recently baptized Greek Orthodox in my twenties out of a desire for a deeper connection to my family roots. I do believe in many of the moral teachings of Jesus. I know that under the Evangelical definition of Christianity that pervades this board, that is not sufficient for me to be a real Christian. Sometimes I'm in a mood where I personally consider it sufficient to self-identify as Christian, particularly when I see self-described "real" Christians acting contrary to what Jesus taught.

I do not believe in anything supernatural because there is negligible evidence that such a thing exists. I acknowledge the possibility that I am wrong. I do not know whether that makes me an atheist or an agnostic. I'm agnostic about the existence of the supernatural to the same extent that I'm agnostic about my toaster being conscious.

So I guess I am an atheist/agnostic who self-identifies as Christian in certain circumstances.

To answer your question, I find Evangelical Christianity anthropologically fascinating and for whatever reason debating with its adherents is intellectually exciting. I'm also an avid gamer (less so now than when I first came here because I've gone through a poor and busy phase). So I found myself here naturally. I started posting and even writing reviews (because I found writing reviews based on criteria that I might not necessarily agree with challenging and fun). After all of that I developed an attachment to the community.

I think the major voices in this forum are more diverse than they once were, which is cool too.
I like your approach. I believe the Lord has His hooks in you and I hope one day He just uterly rocks your world. You're humble without a know it all attitude that I've seen many times. I respect that and trust that the Lord is doing awesome things in your life and guiding you to Him in His way and timing.

I had a buddy who looked me in the face in high school and said, "I know for a fact there is no god."

A couple of years ago I got a call from him saying how he got saved and that the Lord is doing awesome stuff in his life. I never thought it possible but since then I began to understand that the Lord is at work even when it seems that He is not doing anything. My hope is that you will have the joy like I have. A relationship with Jesus is pretty awesome. He's taken me all over the world and provides for my every need (and a lot of my wants too). He's a great God and person to know.

In any case, regarding the first part of your post. Sometimes we as evangelical Christian's need a good swift kick in the pants. So thank you for sharing the truth when we need it.

You rock dude!
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
You made an ask a question thread?
Awesome! :mrgreen:

What do you prefer, hamburgers or hotdogs?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Thanks, ArchAngel.

JOJ650s, each is better in particular contexts. If I'm sitting down at a restaurant then of course I'm going for the Hamberger. If I'm at a baseball game I need a hotdog. If its a backyard cookout I'll take one of each!
Brokan Mok

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Truthseeker wrote:Thanks, ArchAngel.
Your welcome? I'm guessing that might be meant for someone else, but I'll take it either way.

Thanks for clarifying. I believe I can remember your know-it-all college days, and while you have grown more mature and gracious, it was always a pleasure debating with you.

But, on to a far more important question:

PC or Mac?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Oops, I meant thanks Fathom. I'm a little distracted right now due to multitasking. But thanks to you too!

Mac. I used to be a PC guy but I got tired of my PCs breaking all the time.
Brokan Mok

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
We cannot be friends.

Good day to you, sir.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Bye.
Brokan Mok

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
so I assume you have an iphone?